Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 05:59 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,894,458 times

Advertisements

I can't wait to hear the answer to this post. I often wonder the same thing too. I have dated people who try to plot our future on the first date and I'm like hold on..................I don't even know if I want a second date with you. Calm down. People move too fast on trying to have sex and throw everything else in as second priority and then sit their looking stupid when their relationships/marriages fail. In due time for that. I respect the fact that you value yourself enough not to go playing musical chairs in bed -I don't care what you say an "easy woman" is not a prize (McDonalds - no way!).

I think the best way to meet someone is to do what you enjoy and maybe while you are hiking, bowling, painting, rock-climbing - someone else shares the same interest and are interested in you.

This new age dating is some b.s. Not enough romance, getting to know each other, and time allowed to really determine if the other person lives up to their presentation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 08:05 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,783,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
I find it funny that people here describe love as a "feeling". Love is a choice, that we have to make day after day.

OP,

I do believe that true love exists, but you have to wait for it. In this world that we live in, it is hard to find men and women who actually know how to make a relationship work. Who actually want to sacrifice for each other and be kind to one another. To stay "for better or for worse, in sickness and health." Read 1 Cor. 13.

Bless you and I hope that you find the love that you seek.

I don't believe that you have to suffer and sacrifice yourself or your wants and desires to have love in your life. Quite the contrary, if you are in love with someone, you compliment them, not tolerate them.

If you want a relationship to last... the key is COMPATIBILITY. You can fall in love with anyone, but it may not last very long if you both have different ideas of what you hold important. If you want to wait until marriage before you have sex....then don't date people who don't have your same view. If you have children.....don't date someone who doesn't want children. If you can't stand smoking...don't date someone who smokes.

I was in love with my ex husband but I could see that we were not good for each other. We were not compatible and I let go with love, and we can be friends now because of it. Love knows when to let go, co dependent attachment (which many people mistake as love) will never give up, even when it's healthier for both to go their seperate ways. Longivity does not equate to true love.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:12 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
dear fellow christian
thank u for sharing. it is good to see the other side of the coin dont u agree?
it is for me.
i hope it works out for you.
the problem with finding mr right is that that handsome prince magicially turns into a frog not too far down the road usually after marriage.
the gun shy behavior of mr prince could be due to 42 million divorces since 1975 (no fault divorce) of which 70% were filed by women. marriage is now 67% failure rate and, w/no surprise, marriage is down 50%.
i really dont think its your fault. if those sisters had not filed, there would be a line outside your door right now.
regarding the christian thing, i would not play that card, i have had more devils, use that card on me than angels.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 01-15-2012 at 08:59 PM..

Old 01-15-2012, 08:15 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Is it just me, but the OP and Alan would make a perfect couple. He is old school and so is she. They are near in age. I think Alan my dear you need to take a Va-k to Brazil!!!!

Rio sounds fun.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:23 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,715,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Is it just me, but the OP and Alan would make a perfect couple. He is old school and so is she. They are near in age. I think Alan my dear you need to take a Va-k to Brazil!!!!

Rio sounds fun.
Actually she is 31 and I'm 23. The only vacation in my budget these days is crashing with one of my friends in DC or driving to Nashville or Cincinnati to stay a night.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:31 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,812,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post

Rio sounds fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Actually she is 31 and I'm 23. The only vacation in my budget these days is crashing with one of my friends in DC or driving to Nashville or Cincinnati to stay a night.
Gotta say, though... Raena seems to have some sixth sense about these things.

Juuuuuust sayin... (way overused phrase, I know)

My ex boyfriend was (probably still is =P ) 8 years younger than me, and it was fine. But we're a little older than you. So, if you're both still single in a few years...

Old 01-15-2012, 08:46 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Awww Alan age is just a number. Maybe she can take a Va-k to Kentucky.
I hear the derby is fun.

Also I will look for a Kentucky lady if you would like.

And as you posted in your status you are looking else where.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:43 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
I don't believe that you have to suffer and sacrifice yourself or your wants and desires to have love in your life. Quite the contrary, if you are in love with someone, you compliment them, not tolerate them.

If you want a relationship to last... the key is COMPATIBILITY. You can fall in love with anyone, but it may not last very long if you both have different ideas of what you hold important. If you want to wait until marriage before you have sex....then don't date people who don't have your same view. If you have children.....don't date someone who doesn't want children. If you can't stand smoking...don't date someone who smokes.

I was in love with my ex husband but I could see that we were not good for each other. We were not compatible and I let go with love, and we can be friends now because of it. Love knows when to let go, co dependent attachment (which many people mistake as love) will never give up, even when it's healthier for both to go their seperate ways. Longivity does not equate to true love.
I have no idea where your post came from. I think that you are reading more into my post than was there. Where did I say anothing about tolerating anyone? Where did I say anything about suffering? I honestly have no idea where you got this from my post?

Old 01-15-2012, 10:19 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,783,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
I have no idea where your post came from. I think that you are reading more into my post than was there. Where did I say anothing about tolerating anyone? Where did I say anything about suffering? I honestly have no idea where you got this from my post?
My bad, started to quote you and then changed my mind but forgot to delete your quote.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:00 AM

234 posts, read 882,435 times
Unhappy SAD that MEN only thinks about SEX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
A lot of it is speeded up sex. People jump into bed without even knowing each other's middle names if they know their first and last name and the relationships are based on the sex being hot enough. Love never enters the picture.
That what I think is SAD. People thing WHAT they are going to be having sex 24/7, come on. There is going to have a time a day you actually talk to the person have a CONVERSATION.

I believe in friendship first and then see what happens from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships