Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 07:19 AM

234 posts, read 882,596 times

Advertisements

I am having a hard time finding the "RIGHT" guy.
I am 31 and never been married, have no kids(only if you count my two dogs as kids LOL)
I am an attractive woman. And hard working. So why am I single. I know the answer you will know too. If you read on.

I mean I go on date and the guys seem clueless, have not conversation, and are asking to much are being to picky.

Guys now a days want a woman that cooks, clean, take care of him and the house and future wise if they have kids, take care of the kids and work in a good job, have a car and drive blah blah.

I mean now a days woman work, I work, fine with that. I like making my own.

But if we look at the bible or the past. Men are the one that brought in the bacon. And woman was housewives.

I mean if now a days women have to share responsibilities meaning also sharing with the bringing home the bacon, men too should help out in the house stuff (like cooking cleaning and what not)

And on DATES I think men should take time to get to know a woman ask her what she likes, what color do you like, what makes you happy, what makes you angry and what not.

When you are in a dating phrase people NEED to get to know each other. But most date I go to guys want to make out the first night out.
I have a rule: no kissing while just dating MEETING GETTING TO KNOW one other phrase.

Imagine if I went on a date with 3 guys that week and ended up kissing all three NO NO NO.
Anyways you have to be careful who you kiss there are diseases out there.

I mean I believe that dating is about getting to know someone becoming friends. If you see that that friendship is becoming more then just friendship you like this person you date seriously. Then while dating seriously see what he want out of life, what he want sexually, how many kids he wants, the financial situation how it will work, if he is religious or spiritual etc. I mean there has to have the serious talk, then you can become real serious if you see you have those things in common and what the same things out of life then you can get REAL serious getting engaged. Then preparing to buy the stuff to get married and then get married and live happily ever AFTER.

PS I am christian...so sex is only have marriage which is a big problem now a days since people (men) are not looking for a real relationship something deeper but looking for sex.
I want sex too...I have my desire, I am not dead after all but I have my values.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 07:27 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,730,129 times
Sorry, to inform you but the time for true love has come and passed. Love is nothing more than a competition and a business these days.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:44 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,469,913 times
Default Does true love still exist?? People are just not taking time to GET TO KNOW ONE another anymore! WHY ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romila View Post
I mean I believe that dating is about getting to know someone becoming friends. If you see that that friendship is becoming more then just friendship you like this person you date seriously. Then while dating seriously see what he want out of life, what he want sexually, how many kids he wants, the financial situation how it will work, if he is religious or spiritual etc. I mean there has to have the serious talk, then you can become real serious if you see you have those things in common and what the same things out of life then you can get REAL serious getting engaged. Then preparing to buy the stuff to get married and then get married and live happily ever AFTER.

PS I am christian...so sex is only have marriage which is a big problem now a days since people (men) are not looking for a real relationship something deeper but looking for sex.
I want sex too...I have my desire, I am not dead after all but I have my values.
In answer to your main question, yes, true love still exists and I have to believe it's not limited to us old farts. As to the matter of values, good for you.

I knew my wife for five years before I ever asked her out so I would say we had some time to get to know one another. Did we learn it all? Of course not. But suffice it to say, we had a bit of a head start on the process and while there have been and remain the inevitable bumps along the road, we've managed to survive together for 15 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Sorry, to inform you but the time for true love has come and passed. Love is nothing more than a competition and a business these days.
Bunk! That's all. Stinkin' Thinkin' at its worst and most self-serving.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:45 AM

65 posts, read 99,870 times
I surely miss the days when 'woman was housewives' ! lol

Old 01-15-2012, 08:08 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,730,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post

Bunk! That's all. Stinkin' Thinkin' at its worst and most self-serving.
What do you mean self-serving? I just call it like I see it.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:11 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,469,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
What do you mean self-serving? I just call it like I see it.
Self-explanatory. As for the rest, no doubt!

Old 01-15-2012, 08:12 AM

370 posts, read 1,365,771 times
You live in Brazil, yes?

Maybe the men see you as too old to be wife and mother. It's part of the machismo culture anyhow. They probably are looking for 20 something girls they can mold into housewives.

There is no shame in taking care of a home and family but this should be a choice. Unfortunately due to the cost of things, few people can do this and still keep up a nice lifestyle.

Men seem to like the money ladies bring in from their jobs, but still want the kids to be fed (and quiet), the food ready on the table, and the house cleaned.

It's not easy.

But to all you cynics, even old people 'fall in love.' Never give up.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:29 AM

1,704 posts, read 2,323,451 times
Quote:
I am having a hard time finding the "RIGHT" guy.
I am 31 and never been married, have no kids(only if you count my two dogs as kids LOL)
I am an attractive woman. And hard working. So why am I single. I know the answer you will know too. If you read on.

I mean I go on date and the guys seem clueless, have not conversation, and are asking to much are being to picky.

Guys now a days want a woman that cooks, clean, take care of him and the house and future wise if they have kids, take care of the kids and work in a good job, have a car and drive blah blah.

I mean now a days woman work, I work, fine with that. I like making my own.

But if we look at the bible or the past. Men are the one that brought in the bacon. And woman was housewives.

I mean if now a days women have to share responsibilities meaning also sharing with the bringing home the bacon, men too should help out in the house stuff (like cooking cleaning and what not)

And on DATES I think men should take time to get to know a woman ask her what she likes, what color do you like, what makes you happy, what makes you angry and what not.

When you are in a dating phrase people NEED to get to know each other. But most date I go to guys want to make out the first night out.
I have a rule: no kissing while just dating MEETING GETTING TO KNOW one other phrase.

Imagine if I went on a date with 3 guys that week and ended up kissing all three NO NO NO.
Anyways you have to be careful who you kiss there are diseases out there.

In my experience, a lot of younger women today don't embrace their role at home. They have this entitled "are you good enough for me" attitude which i think is part of the problem. They seem to deeply resent having to be a mother figure at home and try to use the shame game of "I'm not your mother" "momma's boy" or the "50/50" argument.

I think since society is constantly trying to "progress" that younger people have moved away from gender roles that helped keep family life stable and structured. Women have certain responsibilities at home and so do the men.

Doesn't mean that there is no compromise due to different living situations at home but at least there is structure.

On the flip side to that, I think younger men should learn how to be men too. A real man takes care of his family before himself.

Not lying around playing video games, drinking with buddies, yelling out orders and getting their gf pregnant AGAIN thinking they're a REAL man

Old 01-15-2012, 09:10 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,784,192 times
I'm 34 and I am a fortunate soul indeed. I have found true love and the reason being is that I always believed in it, when it entered into my life I almost couldn't believe it. The thing about true love is that it may only show up for a season and not a lifetime. Right now I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:30 AM

526 posts, read 955,094 times
Quote:

I experienced the same thing last year in my my many, many dates. At the end of the day, you have to stay true to yourself and nobody else. I believe the right guy will wait for you until you are ready. Waiting until marriage to have sex might only be something that another Christian will do, so I am wondering if you are dating the non-religious kind?

Don't give up! True love does exist and it'd come into your life in the perfet time, space and sequence

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
I'm 34 and I am a fortunate soul indeed. I have found true love and the reason being is that I always believed in it, when it entered into my life I almost couldn't believe it. The thing about true love is that it may only show up for a season and not a lifetime. Right now I'm enjoying every minute of it.
I am a romantic girl and I do believe in love. I agree with you that sometimes love comes into your life just for a season or couple of them. I've being in love before and I can't wait to feel the same way again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships