Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 09:18 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,052,824 times

Advertisements

Show up with a new guy and your ex will find a new place to hang out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 09:21 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,197,174 times
Tell you friends you want to try somewhere else, if it bothers you. If you think that he's gonna purposely mess with you, why frequent the same places?

But if you aren't gonna do that, at least find somewhere else to sit within the bar(s) so that you don't have to SEE him.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:25 PM

677 posts, read 1,538,645 times
Send a drink to his table, raise your glass to the good times you shared.

Look ahead rather than behind. Your future is where your focus needs to be.

Best wishes

~l~

Old 01-16-2012, 12:29 AM

2,002 posts, read 4,584,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
Show up with a new guy and your ex will find a new place to hang out
I was going to suggest this too .

If he's not going to a new place and your friends don't want to go to new places either, the other option is sucking it up and not showing that you're hurt.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:33 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
u say "ex" but u did not mention a divorce so its ex BF. the distance from ex to current if not married is not that far.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:49 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Yikes! I'm sorry it didn't work out. I remember the situation you were in and our previous public and private discussions about it.

I agree with those who suggest finding another hangout. Consider it a way of being kind to yourself: You're sparing yourself the hurt of seeing him and of stirring up memories of your past good times there.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:55 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,902 times
This.
I can't add anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly8 View Post
Send a drink to his table, raise your glass to the good times you shared.

Look ahead rather than behind. Your future is where your focus needs to be.

Best wishes

~l~

Old 01-16-2012, 04:56 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
This is just one reason why I tend to leave town after a relationship has ended.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:56 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleTulip18 View Post
So, tonight I went out to one of my favorite local bars to get my mind off the situation. This same bar used to be "OUR" bar, meaning me and my ex. We broke up less than 1 week ago and tonight he showed up and sat down at the other end of the bar. He made sure to say hi across the bar to a mutual friends of ours sitting next to me to make it known that he was there and I would notice. It's sunday, so it was quiet in there and I was with the main group. I parked right out front so I KNOW that he intentionally went in there & I think it's too soon to be seeing eachother. I immediately finished my drink and left. I had to walk past him, held my chin up and walked right by him to get out the door. For the past year he and I have gone to that place. It was so hard to see him I went home and just lost it.

How do you handle such a situation when he shows up there? or at any place that I happen to be in?
If you are not comfortable with the thought of running into him, then why would you even go there, knowing that it's a place he frequents?

Last edited by ChessieMom; 01-16-2012 at 07:23 AM..

Old 01-16-2012, 07:20 AM

733 posts, read 1,663,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
If you are not comfortable with the though of running into him, then why would you even go there, knowing that it's a place he frequents?
Close friends or not, if they are decent people and are informed of your painful breakup, they would understand and help. A simple request of "let's try something/somewhere new" is really not too much to ask. I understand how hard breakups are and would help any friend or acquaintance to deal with the situation if they bring it up. I can't imagine your friends behaving differently. If they act uncaring, it's time to ditch these "mutual friends". There are people EVERYWHERE, it's really not hard to make new friends and get into a new Friday nights routine.

I usually use breakup as the perfect excuse to indulge myself and try out new and possibly expensive hobbies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships