Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2012, 03:25 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,136,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Is it considered thinking ahead when one orders flowers for someone two weeks before Valentine's Day (to be delivered on Valentine's Day) ??
It's enthusiasm and positive thinking. The definition of enthusiasm is going out after Moby Dick in a row boat and taking the tartar sauce with you!

Old 01-30-2012, 03:38 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,179,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
It's enthusiasm and positive thinking. The definition of enthusiasm is going out after Moby Dick in a row boat and taking the tartar sauce with you!
I just wanted to ensure that she would definitely get the flowers I thought she would like, instead of them running out of the particular kinds of flowers to make that arrangement and subbing for something else.

I'd normally prefer to a lady out and buy her a thoughtful gift, but since V-Day is on a weekday this year instead of the weekend (where I might actually be able to come up and surprise her, we're both students) I opted for flowers and an Amazon gift card instead.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:22 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,349,351 times
lol, i guess its going to be one interesting rest of the work week.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:08 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,533,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
What? Singing into my hairbrush? LOL
I have photos to prove it wasn't a hairbrush.

Quote:
Well nobody is forcing you to eat Falafel. There's a lot of other good stuff on that menu.
Just saw it on the menu which reminded me of the one time I tried it, and I really tried it, I tried to make it all the way but just couldn't stand to finish it. A friend told me it is an aquired taste, I told him I won't live that long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I have this weird thing about me.

I can't never say I have a favorite of any one thing.

I just can't commit like that.

I have favs in various cateogories.... for music for example, my fav is hard heavy rock, but I don't have any one favorite band, each has its own nuances.

Same for food, each type has its own specialness... LOL, for lack of a better term.
Quote:
I agree with you...I have favorites in all categories but right now I'm wanting greek (well for a while now, I guess until I get my fix).

Quote:
What's your favorite place?
Same here, I have my favorite haunts, different cuisines, but if I had to choose one that has never failed me, can go as often as I want because of the reasonable prices, and has an ever changing menu it would be.....................wait for it...............................

Lucky 32

Old 01-30-2012, 02:13 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,204,065 times
Quote:
What drove the price up?

I'm cheap...we go to the dollar store and get candy before we go to the movie and I smuggle in drinks as well.

^^^This. We stop at either a dollar store or a Walgreens, etc. Why must Jr. Mints cost $5 at the theater when the same exact box is $1 everywhere else? Sometimes I bring drinks but then my bag looks suspiciously big lol

Old 01-30-2012, 02:39 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,128,977 times
I do the same thing. I can't believe how expensive movie theater food is!

Old 01-30-2012, 04:12 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,204,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I do the same thing. I can't believe how expensive movie theater food is!

I think almost all theaters now pop the popcorn but I remember many, many years ago, I saw one of the employees walking with a HUGE bag (it was like 3 feet long) of pre-popped popcorn. They dumped the popcorn in the case so it would warm up. Eww. And then I saw the "butter" topping. It was some processed yellow goop. And they have nerve to charge $4.75 for a small bag of that crap? LOL

Old 01-30-2012, 04:29 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,963,134 times
What a day.

Was a warm day. Gonna be even more warm tomorrow.

It's the end of January, where the F is all the cold weather and snow?

Old 01-30-2012, 04:31 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,039,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
We live near Tarpon Springs so once a week we go greek(you know I don't mean it that way)!
I didn't think Irish girls went for Greeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Shouldn't one of those things be boobs? Just saying.
Isn't it "ta-ta's"?

Quote:
Made linguini with clam sauce. First time making it... holy crap, it's good. Can't say that about a lot of my other first attempts.
You're hired, come cook for me, otherwise these people are getting leftovers!

Quote:
I just wanted to ensure that she would definitely get the flowers I thought she would like, instead of them running out of the particular kinds of flowers to make that arrangement and subbing for something else.
What kind of flowers? I LOVE gerber daisies and gardenias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
lol, i guess its going to be one interesting rest of the work week.
Why is that??

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
I have photos to prove it wasn't a hairbrush.

Just saw it on the menu which reminded me of the one time I tried it, and I really tried it, I tried to make it all the way but just couldn't stand to finish it. A friend told me it is an aquired taste, I told him I won't live that long.

I've never had falafel...there are too many other interesting things on the menus!

Same here, I have my favorite haunts, different cuisines, but if I had to choose one that has never failed me, can go as often as I want because of the reasonable prices, and has an ever changing menu it would be.....................wait for it...............................

Lucky 32
Oh I should have guessed! I love that place. I was there not too long ago with my girlfriend...she was moving so I took her for one last "hurrah" and of course, the peanut butter pie (it was her favorite). I've never had a meal there I didn't like.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:44 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,533,334 times
Quote:
Oh I should have guessed! I love that place. I was there not too long ago with my girlfriend...she was moving so I took her for one last "hurrah" and of course, the peanut butter pie (it was her favorite). I've never had a meal there I didn't like.
Taken into account the conditions I listed, probably, but if money wasn't a concern at all Table 16 would be at the top.
Falafel is awful unless you are one who enjoys a reeeaalllly bitter tasting dish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.