Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2012, 04:00 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
I figured just making one waffle with blueberries then make & freeze plain waffles with the remaining batter. Otherwise I would have tossed them into the batter.
Next time they will all be blueberry.
You pretty much have to have meat every night, unless you have something for protein substitute.

you freeze waffles? I've never heard that before. Whenever I make waffles I just eat them all, or I'm making them for others, who also eat them all.

Old 02-04-2012, 04:22 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Can't say that I have, I bet it's tasty. Turkey has substituted beef in this household for years.
No red meat for you all? The others still eat red meat, but only once a week or so (ground beef or a steak). The other nights it's poultry, fish or meatless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I only eat meat about 2 nights a week anymore, so chicken has become the meat of choice. I found out that I can get a box of turkey loins for like 10 bucks, and you get 16 in a box.
Okay, what is a turkey loin (what part of the bird) and where do you buy 16 for $10??

Quote:
I took a crack at making waffles this morning with our waffle/omelet maker. The wife suggested putting in bluberries and since was only making one waffle I poured the batter in first then added the bluberries..............the freaking tomato sized bluberries. End result: a mess.
OOPss! LOL

Quote:
I'm not sure how you should add fruit to pancakes and waffles, but I would imagine that you would have to cut them in halves.

Where is J6 when you need her? She'd tell us. LOL
I don't ever put blueberries in the waffles...I make blueberry sauce instead because not everyone in this house likes them that way. Bananas, chocolate chips or plain is typically the choice.

Quote:
You pretty much have to have meat every night, unless you have something for protein substitute.

I've been eating Quinoa, eggs, greek yogurt, cottage cheese and beans for protein. I get tired of chicken, turkey and fish sometimes.

you freeze waffles? I've never heard that before. Whenever I make waffles I just eat them all, or I'm making them for others, who also eat them all.
Leggo my Eggo??? Of course you can freeze them. Stick wax paper between them and toss in a baggie.

Old 02-04-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
No red meat for you all? The others still eat red meat, but only once a week or so (ground beef or a steak). The other nights it's poultry, fish or meatless.

Okay, what is a turkey loin (what part of the bird) and where do you buy 16 for $10??

OOPss! LOL

I don't ever put blueberries in the waffles...I make blueberry sauce instead because not everyone in this house likes them that way. Bananas, chocolate chips or plain is typically the choice.

Leggo my Eggo??? Of course you can freeze them. Stick wax paper between them and toss in a baggie.

I forgot about eggos. LOL I haven't had one in...20 years? It's been a while.

Turkey tenderloin. Super low in fat. here's a link: What Are Turkey Tenderloins? | eHow.com

I work next to a turkey farm, and I walked in there one day and asked if I could get a box of tenderloins. They said it was 10 bucks, and I walked out with a box.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:52 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
And now for something completely different, not having to do with food, or kids, or cars......but nevertheless-mesmerizing......

Radiohead - Lotus Flower - YouTube

Old 02-04-2012, 08:57 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
This would have been the first time, the waffle maker we have makes a waffle about 7" in diameter, about 1" thick. One batch from the Bisquick box will make 4-5 waffles. I'm not eating that many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
If I eat red meat it will more than likely be a burger from a restaurant. I might eat two steaks in a year.

Quote:
I forgot about eggos. LOL I haven't had one in...20 years? It's been a while.
I'm curious to see how the fresh made waffles will compare to the pre-frozen ones once they have been frozen. If the results are good I might make a batch and keep them in the freezer. I will also consider an alternative to Bisquick.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
This would have been the first time, the waffle maker we have makes a waffle about 7" in diameter, about 1" thick. One batch from the Bisquick box will make 4-5 waffles. I'm not eating that many.

If I eat red meat it will more than likely be a burger from a restaurant. I might eat two steaks in a year.

I'm curious to see how the fresh made waffles will compare to the pre-frozen ones once they have been frozen. If the results are good I might make a batch and keep them in the freezer. I will also consider an alternative to Bisquick.

we made waffles one day last week for breakfast. It made 5 good sized waffles and 1 small one in our waffle maker. But we ate them all LOL.

They'd probably be better. Better quality at least, since you know you made them.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:23 PM

More my speed:

Shinedown - Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom) - Official Video - YouTube

Old 02-04-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
we made waffles one day last week for breakfast. It made 5 good sized waffles and 1 small one in our waffle maker. But we ate them all LOL.

They'd probably be better. Better quality at least, since you know you made them.
Fresh wins everytime.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:33 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
Quote:
Eh, I'm not crazy about that song but the movie kicks ass

One of the very cool fight scenes.....

Expendables Basketball Scene - YouTube

Old 02-04-2012, 09:46 PM

I like both songs.

Radiohead I"m gettin' in to, and I've been a fan of shinedown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships