Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2012, 03:46 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
I love that song. Let me give you some of my U2 workout songs.

U2 - Vertigo - YouTube

And this one:

U2 - All Because Of You - YouTube

It was shot on the fly in NYC, much to the surprise of New Yorkers
I love it-- we work out to the same stuff
I actually have the same U2 video-- All Because Of you on my favorites as well.
Amazing concert, in NY

This is another I workout to....

U2 I Will Follow - YouTube

Old 02-18-2012, 03:46 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
Switching to movies now. I was just reminded of Napoleon Dynamite.

Napoleon Dynamite - Rex Kwon Do [HQ] - YouTube
Better yet there was this one episode on an old show called Upright Citizens Brigade, about a group of fat kids learning to fight.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:49 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Well you sound like you had a relaxing day too then. If you have a sore back the best thing I think for that is icy hot or a heating pad...that is ashamed about your friend with the spine disease. I think when someone is very physical and into their sports like that, the worst is to be sidelined where you can't even do those things anymore. I always try to mind my own buisness out in public, but a few times when I was younger, people would see that and think they could start a problem. I let them know real quick I am not that one, LOL. My mother used to always tell me not to start fights, but don't walk away from one either. You have to set most people straight from jump street or else they will think it's carte blanche to do whatever they want towards you. It's a shame to have to be like that but that's the modern world for ya. Why were people starting problems with you in the first place? Were you a weird dresser or something?
Nah I didn't dress funny, they would look at my hair and my glasses and start making fun of them.

My hair growing up was a bird's nest. So curly that I could do nothing that would keep it from breaking out into curls. Hated it so much. Then the eye doctor would subscribe to me glasses the size of the hubble telescope, so kids would be walking by me, I'd be doing something with my friend, and they'd start pokin' fun at my hair. As soon as I would stand up my friend was already kicking the kid's bikes down and they were going down with them.

Thankfully I got into football and realized I had potential for it. That helped change me, the strength and conditioning I went through changed my personality and myself. From about age 14 on, people didn't say too many bad things about me without getting wobbly in the knees. Of course that's only physical, when I'd speak they weren't too afraid because I'm too funny and nice to be angry...most of the time.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:52 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Better yet there was this one episode on an old show called Upright Citizens Brigade, about a group of fat kids learning to fight.
I just found this one. Hilarious.

The Fat Nazi - YouTube

Old 02-18-2012, 03:54 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I was in some thread a little while back and they were ragging on how Bono hasn't aged well. Of all the great things he does, music and his charity work, people are gonna sit and talk shyt and pick on him because he may or may not be aging well????

I wonder why sometimes I still think humanity is OK........
I'm sure Bono doesn't care what the critics say....U2 is the most powerful band on the planet

Old 02-18-2012, 04:01 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Nah I didn't dress funny, they would look at my hair and my glasses and start making fun of them.

My hair growing up was a bird's nest. So curly that I could do nothing that would keep it from breaking out into curls. Hated it so much. Then the eye doctor would subscribe to me glasses the size of the hubble telescope, so kids would be walking by me, I'd be doing something with my friend, and they'd start pokin' fun at my hair. As soon as I would stand up my friend was already kicking the kid's bikes down and they were going down with them.

Thankfully I got into football and realized I had potential for it. That helped change me, the strength and conditioning I went through changed my personality and myself. From about age 14 on, people didn't say too many bad things about me without getting wobbly in the knees. Of course that's only physical, when I'd speak they weren't too afraid because I'm too funny and nice to be angry...most of the time.

I know that part about the hubble telescope glasses wasn't a joke, but the visual did make me LOL. The only football I ever played was powderpuff or flag football in gym class. But I love to watch it now, what is your favorite team? I like the Cowboys and Penn State (because I love to torture myself). I have never done this baked chicken with lemon recipe before but it smells good and I did chicken pieces not a whole one. I will let you know how it turns out!

Mia’s lemon yogurt baked chicken « Chef in disguise

Old 02-18-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I love it-- we work out to the same stuff
I actually have the same U2 video-- All Because Of you on my favorites as well.
Amazing concert, in NY

This is another I workout to....

U2 I Will Follow - YouTube
I love that song.

Many bands covered it. I love the cover version from "Third Eye Blind". But can't find it on YouTube.

Old 02-18-2012, 04:07 PM

Switching bands now.

This is my treadmill/vibrams song. I loop it on repeat coz it's never tiring. Gives a sense of running out there in the fields.

The Who - Baba O'riley - YouTube

1,754 posts, read 2,468,130 times
If somebody offers to cook a delicious bass, and then want to play tetherball, I'm gonna lose it.

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I know that part about the hubble telescope glasses wasn't a joke, but the visual did make me LOL. The only football I ever played was powderpuff or flag football in gym class. But I love to watch it now, what is your favorite team? I like the Cowboys and Penn State (because I love to torture myself). I have never done this baked chicken with lemon recipe before but it smells good and I did chicken pieces not a whole one. I will let you know how it turns out!

Mia’s lemon yogurt baked chicken « Chef in disguise
I torture myself with the Bengals.

Sure, let me know. I'm open to trying different chicken recipes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships