Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2012, 05:38 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times

Advertisements

I just ruined the sausage...and he's pissed! lol

He ran out to get one of the kids from soccer and he said "watch the grill".

So my oldest says "mom, aren't you supposed to check the sausage?" Ooops...yup!

I head out there and open the lid and the damn grill is on FIRE...like flames shooting out of it!

They are a little crispy
Of course my oldest has to call my husband and say "DAD, she BURNT the sausage"

Okay sue me! He knows better than to make me use the grill....I can cook circles around him but I can't grill to save my life.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:44 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,991,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I just ruined the sausage...and he's pissed! lol

He ran out to get one of the kids from soccer and he said "watch the grill".

So my oldest says "mom, aren't you supposed to check the sausage?" Ooops...yup!

I head out there and open the lid and the damn grill is on FIRE...like flames shooting out of it!

They are a little crispy
Of course my oldest has to call my husband and say "DAD, she BURNT the sausage"

Okay sue me! He knows better than to make me use the grill....I can cook circles around him but I can't grill to save my life.
NOOOOO!!!

NOOOOOOOOO!!!

YOU KILLT THE SAUSAGE!!!

You know...If the inside is still edible...I'd still eat them...

Old 03-06-2012, 05:46 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
NOOOOO!!!

NOOOOOOOOO!!!

YOU KILLT THE SAUSAGE!!!

You know...If the inside is still edible...I'd still eat them...
Well I don't have to eat them...LOL, that's all I know!

But yeah, he is pissy...LOL
I told him he could stop at the store and get another pack and I got the "forget it, I'm not stopping now"

Old 03-06-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Well I don't have to eat them...LOL, that's all I know!

But yeah, he is pissy...LOL
I told him he could stop at the store and get another pack and I got the "forget it, I'm not stopping now"
Guess you're on your own J6!

But I don't know how he left his grill running with meat on the grill. That's a nono, and something I would never leave to a female or my chldren.

If I ever had a son, and he called me up and said "Daddy I need a ride home from practice" And I had the grill running with meat going, I'd tell him "hold on son, daddy's got your dinner on the grill and it's going to take some more time. Play your game boy until I get there."

Old 03-06-2012, 05:52 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,560,619 times
Quote:
Isn't that made by TOTW?

We used to feed Blue, but he got the runs off that one. Then we tried TOTW and he had some serious gas issues.

So now we are using Evolve and it seems to sit pretty well.
TOTW?
I think it's made by Diamond something, the group that was involved with the melamine(sp?) scandel a few years back.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:56 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,195,349 times
Quote:
I"m really not a huge fan of marinades.

I just like my meat thawed and tossed on the grill. Add BBQ sauce if you want.
I don't like bland meat... and the marinade helps keep it tender. Dry meat is horrendous.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I don't like bland meat... and the marinade helps keep it tender. Dry meat is horrendous.
Do you like...Burn your meat up or somthing?

I mean i love my meat done, and I have few experiences where my meat is actually dry.

I'm far from a grilling expert, but my old man is quite the griller/smoker and he doesn't do any marinades to his grilling meats and they are never dry.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:31 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,560,619 times
Quote:
Do you like...Burn your meat up or somthing?

I mean i love my meat done, and I have few experiences where my meat is actually dry.

I'm far from a grilling expert, but my old man is quite the griller/smoker and he doesn't do any marinades to his grilling meats and they are never dry.
Marinades are kind of over rated IMO; many don't enhance the flavor, but actually override it.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:36 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
I love Italian dressing on my steak, meat tenderizer on my pork chops, chicken is great with lemon or garlic marinate.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:39 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,195,349 times
No, I do not ever burn my meat, nor is it ever cooked past medium (rare to medium rare is preferred.)

I don't do this for steaks, just that I love ribs that fall off the bone. The acid from various marinades (red wine, vinegar, beer, etc. helps break down the connective tissue somewhat and makes it more tender when cooked.

I'm just experimenting with it lately. Haven't had anything come out horrible yet. I must add that I don't have anyone to teach me how to grill or what tastes good (apart from asking the chef at work) and so I have to do this myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships