Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2012, 07:45 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times

Advertisements

I've always found honesty is the best policy AC...lie too much and it will come back to bite you in the butt!

Old 01-16-2012, 07:46 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Obviously theaters don't want food brought in. But with the prices they charge, most people that want a snack, will bring their own. I don't think you can walk in carrying what is obviously a meal. I carry a specific bag when I am taking in popcorn or snacks, so that it is not visible.
Always had the impression it was frowned upon.

But hey, that's a terrific idea. I always carry a manbag. You know, I can safely shove chips and little snacks in. I never even had the idea of carrying snacks in. I am pretty sure they won't pull a strip search on movie goers.

Thanks, justthe6ofus. Very clever idea.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:51 AM

On your next movie date you could always pre-purchase a few boxes of candy and let her choose first....then go with the "I thought this would save us from having to stand in line at the concessions"

I don't know, I'm old and married...but that wouldn't bother me at all.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:52 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
On your next movie date you could always pre-purchase a few boxes of candy and let her choose first....then go with the "I thought this would save us from having to stand in line at the concessions"

I don't know, I'm old and married...but that wouldn't bother me at all.
What if the woman deems me "cheap" and that creates a bad impression?

I love to be cheap though.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post

Well if she thinks that it's cheap, then she can pay!

I don't see it as cheap, I think it's money conscious. And honestly, if you have to throw the cash around to impress her, is this someone you would really be compatible with?

To add, it doesn't mean you can't take her out to a nice dinner, but ALL of your dates don't need to be extravagant or cost a lot. I prefer "cheap" or inexpensive dates...they usually involve doing something and don't revolve around food.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:55 AM

37,615 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:

Then you pass on her and look for the next one. Seriously. Anyone that impractical, I have no use for.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:38 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Quote:

I swear. In this day and age if a guy swings for the tickets and is standing in line for them, I'll head over and stand in line and pay for the corn and sodas. It only seems right.

Back in the day we used to stop and get those frosty drinks like at 7-11 and spike the heck out of them with rum or vodka and take them in. Those little glass juice jars, like Snapples, were good for doing this too because they fit well in the purse. This way you have taken her to the movies and bought her drinks all in one step. It's not cheap - it's economical.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:50 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
I can get "discounted" movie tickets from work for 7.50, which I still think is too much for most of the crap they put out these days. Concessions are ridiculous. It's $6 for a small popcorn. I prefer to just bring my own candy and drink. That's what big purses are for! I prefer to go to the cheap theater. It's only a couple bucks for a ticket, and the theater is better. It's an old historic theater with a balcony and a huge screen. Love it!

Old 01-16-2012, 10:15 AM

Kids are home today, so tomorrow is my grocery shopping day and I'm making my menu.

I'm browsing my collection of cookbooks and allrecipes.com and can I just say that anything with meat is looking so freakin' good! Gaaaahhhh! I'm having such a craving today!!

Old 01-16-2012, 10:24 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Yanno, we went to the movies yesterday. $10 each for the movie, and then 10.50 for one drink and one small popcorn (we share!). That's just over $30 for 2 hours in a movie theater. It's ridiculous, and it's why we don't go to the movies very often anymore. I usually buy a bottled soda and make popcorn to take in, but I forgot this time. I won't the next time.

I read all this crap about how the movie studios are so concerned about the fact that the theaters so rarely fill up anymore...well DUH. Look at the damn prices. Everyone is making a killing...off the consumer.

And yes, we split the costs.
Never really understood why people want to "go out" to the movies. Is it just for the sake of "going out"? I'd prefer to rent a movie for a buck fifty where the popcorn only costs about thirty-five cents and the drinks are right in the fridge. I can never concentrate on the movie in the theater.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships