Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2012, 02:31 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Any of you guys see that clooney film, The ides of march??? It wasn't too bad of a movie.

Makes you really think twice about how politicians get to where they are, the soul selling and back door deals and crap.

That, that is exactly how I could never have faith in a President actually doing much to make that big of a difference in people lives.

Far far too much has to be wheeled and dealed to make it to office. They are way to beholden to big interest to actually give a fu$$ about the little guy.

Yeah, I know, stating the obvious....
The President can crap in one hand and wish in the other to see which will fill first.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:32 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Alaska butts up to Canada on one side, yes?
Yeah, but it's not a "state line"...... at least not in the sense that it butts up to another "state"...

LOL

Old 03-11-2012, 02:35 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Alaska butts up to Canada on one side, yes?
Thus, it's not a state border! Of course, knowing you, you can argue the word state also can mean a country , but it wasn't used in such a context, obviously.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:03 PM

So I'm walking down in our parking structure getting ready to go to the store and I hear some noises/screaming. I look over and this couple are fighting about something. Not sure what it is, the woman was getting hysterical and trying to stop the guy from getting his car, something about a dog and her calling the cops.

I'm never sure how to deal with those situations, there wasn't really any physical violence, but it was getting a little bit ugly.

I've heard horror stories about bystanders stepping in and wishing they didn't.

IDK, she said somthing about calling the cops... I'll keep an eye out and see if any show up...

Old 03-11-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
So I'm walking down in our parking structure getting ready to go to the store and I hear some noises/screaming. I look over and this couple are fighting about something. Not sure what it is, the woman was getting hysterical and trying to stop the guy from getting his car, something about a dog and her calling the cops.

I'm never sure how to deal with those situations, there wasn't really any physical violence, but it was getting a little bit ugly.

I've heard horror stories about bystanders stepping in and wishing they didn't.

IDK, she said somthing about calling the cops... I'll keep an eye out and see if any show up...
Sounds like a domestic scene, so stay out of it.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Sounds like a domestic scene, so stay out of it.

Being that I'm not a bouncer like Phil, I'd gladly like to stay out of it, I suppose, if things get really ugly I could have hit him with my purse.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Being that I'm not a bouncer like Phil, I'd gladly like to stay out of it, I suppose, if things get really ugly I could have hit him with my purse.

Yeah, I can't say I can quite picture you solving such disputes...

Old 03-11-2012, 04:25 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:

I've been asked many times to be a bouncer. I couldn't do it, I'm too nice to pick someone up and throw them around lol.

Old 03-11-2012, 06:27 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:

Like Sierra said, it's probably best if you stay out of it unless you see someone actually being beaten. Even then, it pays to "measure twice and cut once".

Believe me, I've been on the receiving end of fists and feet when I've gone bounding like Superman into a domestic dispute. I usually got the Kryptonite kicked out of me by BOTH parties - that's why cops dread domestic calls so much.

Now I would just hang back and watch with the patented SifuSneer on my face, arms crossed, dressed all in black, dark sunglasses ... and only get involved if one party was obviously in danger of mortal injury. With the lawsuits these days, coupled with the insanity of the general population, you really take your own life in your hands when you get involved.

But for me, it's how I was raised and how I was trained, so I don't have many options.

Old 03-11-2012, 06:56 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post

With the lawsuits these days, coupled with the insanity of the general population, you really take your own life in your hands when you get involved.
These days you can probably get sued if you don't get involved, too!

Chow, you could have just taken the brick out of your purse and thrown it at them. That'll learn em.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships