Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 12:23 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,620,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Based on what I see in life, and on this forum, I fear it tis the latter........
I've rooted among the ruins so many times, I'm thinking of getting bids to build a memorial ...

Old 03-31-2012, 12:25 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Quote:
I'm actually more afraid of whether or not the woman is a nut job. I mean, it can go two ways, she can have been broken and rebuilt herself and has grown stronger because of it. Or she could have been broken and not rebuilt herself.

Based on what I see in life, and on this forum, I fear it tis the latter........
A nut job as in won't let go when/if things end?

See I could not be with someone until I felt safe enough to be alone with them...because once you are naked and underneath, you are trapped. That's a very vulnerable position to be in. I would love to say I'm a trusting person but I'm not.

Naive yes...absolutely, but not trusting. I know that sounds like a conflict but it's like I really want to believe what they tell me, and I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I am CONSTANTLY questioning if they are being authentic.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:31 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
A nut job as in won't let go when/if things end?

See I could not be with someone until I felt safe enough to be alone with them...because once you are naked and underneath, you are trapped. That's a very vulnerable position to be in. I would love to say I'm a trusting person but I'm not.

Naive yes...absolutely, but not trusting. I know that sounds like a conflict but it's like I really want to believe what they tell me, and I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I am CONSTANTLY questioning if they are being authentic.
I mean just nut job in general......as in can't cope with her own life and has a boat load of personal issues.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
...See I could not be with someone until I felt safe enough to be alone with them...because once you are naked and underneath, you are trapped. That's a very vulnerable position to be in. I would love to say I'm a trusting person but I'm not...
That's why smart cowboys always keep their boots under the bed and their six-gun within easy reach.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
I mean just nut job in general......as in can't cope with her own life and has a boat load of personal issues.
POTUS (not just the current one) has an entire staff to run their personal life and I'm sure they have their own demons. Does this make them all nut-jobs?

Old 03-31-2012, 12:34 PM

You know what I realized this morning...my husband makes me fat. LOL

Okay, he doesn't MAKE me fat and he doesn't force feed me, however we've been apart for about 10 days now and I've lost 4lbs. I eat completely different when he's not here.

I hate dinner...I do...we don't eat til around 7pm. Dinner is "family time" so we all sit around the dining room table (well, those of us that are home) and he likes his meat and potatoes..etc. He expects a full meal.

So, I sit there with all of them....I'm not starving and I could really do without but I start picking at stuff I don't even want to eat.

When he's not here I have coffee in the morning, breakfast around 10am, "dinner" around 4:00 and then wine in the evening (I know, bad habits!).

I think I'm going to have to boycott dinner though. I'll still cook but I can't sit there anymore! I have no willpower to do that!

Old 03-31-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
It is possible to fall out of love by taking antidepressants of SSRI (Specific Serotonin Reptake Inhibitor) family that increase the serotonin neuro transmitter level in brain synaptic space. It is proven that many people lose the ability to love by getting such medication to the point that this becomes an unwanted side effect of such antidepressants that threatens the relationship of couples that were in love but suffered from some kind of depression or anxiety.
source

Gee, whattaya know? Someone ELSE believes that antidepressants cause relationship problems ... huh...

Old 03-31-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
You know what I realized this morning...my husband makes me fat. LOL

Okay, he doesn't MAKE me fat and he doesn't force feed me, however we've been apart for about 10 days now and I've lost 4lbs. I eat completely different when he's not here.

I hate dinner...I do...we don't eat til around 7pm. Dinner is "family time" so we all sit around the dining room table (well, those of us that are home) and he likes his meat and potatoes..etc. He expects a full meal.

So, I sit there with all of them....I'm not starving and I could really do without but I start picking at stuff I don't even want to eat.

When he's not here I have coffee in the morning, breakfast around 10am, "dinner" around 4:00 and then wine in the evening (I know, bad habits!).

I think I'm going to have to boycott dinner though. I'll still cook but I can't sit there anymore! I have no willpower to do that!
You're an evil evil woman and deserve no love.

I kid, I kid...

Don't worry about the small stuff.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
You're an evil evil woman and deserve no love.

I kid, I kid...

Don't worry about the small stuff.
Yeah, I know! I complain all the time about our dinner time. He gets very insulted when I say "I'm not hungry, I'm not eating".

I have kind of thought of feeding the kids around 4:30 or so, and then he can just reheat when he gets home, but that probably wouldn't go over very well...I'm sure he'd be insulted at that suggestion.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
POTUS (not just the current one) has an entire staff to run their personal life and I'm sure they have their own demons. Does this make them all nut-jobs?
We're all nut jobs.

It's just a matter of degree.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships