Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 01:20 PM

129 posts, read 246,449 times

Advertisements

Maybe he is thinking the same thing.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 01:23 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,134,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelyhousewife View Post
I am currently involved in a long distance relationship with a guy I went to high school with. We are now and until this weekend it had been 14 years since seeing each other last. We live 473 miles away from each other and have talked about moving closer to each other and I thought it was a go. I spent this weekend with him although I was unsure of things so I rented a room and did things the old fashioned date style. We had a good time and being that the chemistry was there we slept together. I went back to my hotel room and slept so that I could go back home the next morning. We had a long goodbye and he held me for about 30 minutes and kissed me. I got home yesterday and while we normally communicate through text and calls several times a day, I have only heard from him once and Im getting nervous. Im not sure if this is normal and im just overthinking things or if I have cause for concern.

You have a right to be nervous. Not because he is not talking as often, but because relationships are in general very unpredictable and volatile. Whenever something changes, the whole relationship could change. So hang in there and see how it plays out. You have changed your relationship and now it's time to see which direction it takes you. If he changed his mind about you two being together, the sooner you find out the better for you so you could move on. But give him time. He might need time to analyze/evaluate his feelings and decide what he wants to do. Give yourself time as well. Make sure things are the way you imagined them to be.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:18 PM

15 posts, read 21,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Did you drive the 400 plus miles to visit him in his hometown and you stayed in a hotel? Or did you all both meet somewhere and each get hotel rooms?

I am trying to get a sense of his level of interest in meeting up with you again (how much effort he had to put into making the get together happen).

he wanted me to stay at his place but I didnt want there to be any pressure so I stayed in a motel.

Old 01-17-2012, 12:08 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
100% honesty here: it was too much intensity too soon and now he has backed off.

I realize you two got caught up in the moment, etc. and from your perspective, you did already "know" him...or at least the 14-years-ago him. Things built and you two slept together and in the morning when that building excitement was no longer there, he faded away.

Be strong. To me it sounds like this is something that isn't going to go from here.

Hugs to you.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:42 AM

15 posts, read 21,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
100% honesty here: it was too much intensity too soon and now he has backed off.

I realize you two got caught up in the moment, etc. and from your perspective, you did already "know" him...or at least the 14-years-ago him. Things built and you two slept together and in the morning when that building excitement was no longer there, he faded away.

Be strong. To me it sounds like this is something that isn't going to go from here.

Hugs to you.
You are absolutely right! Last night he called and we talked. He said he didnt think things were going to work and that he was afraid of one of us moving so far away and it not working for my kids sake. He didnt want my kids to be tossed in the middle and in a way I can respect that but it doesnt hurt any less.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:35 AM

941 posts, read 1,804,401 times
...and there it is.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:04 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
I am sorry, lonelyhousewife.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:09 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post

Hugs to you.
Yep, that was my feeling too.

And relationships like this mean a lot of sacrifice, something both parties really need to take time to consider.

When people aren't up to the challenge they are wise to bow out gracefully.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:11 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelyhousewife View Post
You are absolutely right! Last night he called and we talked. He said he didnt think things were going to work and that he was afraid of one of us moving so far away and it not working for my kids sake. He didnt want my kids to be tossed in the middle and in a way I can respect that but it doesnt hurt any less.
Oops, just saw this after I made my last post.

I'm sorry for your disappointment

I don't think he's a bad guy and I don't think he intended to hurt you.

He just got a huge wake-up reality call and realized he was about to bite off more than he could chew. Sadly, he probably couldn't "see" that until your visit made everything more real for him.

Old 01-17-2012, 02:27 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,705 times
I'm sorry, housewife. As someone who has been in a long-distance relationship before and had my heart broken in a similar way, you have my sympathies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships