Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 05:09 PM

234 posts, read 879,480 times

Advertisements

Love is when you can't live with out a person even through that person have a habit (say talks to loud, eat with mouth open, doesn't put toilet seat down, etc) annoys you (say when he knows you are watching a show he keeps switching channel and what not) makes you angry (when you agree to say that 100 bucks for a car and he goes and waste it) makes you upset cry (when he offend you yell it you just because you scratch his car by mistake blah blah)... get the point.

Couples are to be there for you...is a person you can be comfortable with (like when a guy fart by a girl he is REALLY comfortable and that is nice because he is to a level he can be himself) talk about anything from movies, politics, your day his, sex etc and so on...

I mean a person you decide to marry because you want the same things out of life...you two want 2 kids, you two are cheap so financially life won't be a problem...both like having sex in different positions once in a while and have those fetishes once a month where one play a role what not...and so on...

So why when someone find a flaw on a person...or time past by they get bored they think that they can just trade throw away and switch partners...

Come on that is not love that is lust...and selfishness
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 05:12 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,078,191 times
Modern living has rendered a lot of men and women unfit for marriage or even a simple long-term relationship. The older I get the more I think a dog, a new pickup truck and a good fishing pole might be the way to go.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:21 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,426,939 times
OP, I think your perspective is naive and idealistic. I can agree that some people put too little effort into growing and maintaining - and fixing - their relationships. However, there certainly is a place for divorce because no matter how good your intentions or how much you try, it doesn't always work. Sometimes you simply are incompatible and miserable together, so it's better to end the misery and have another chance at happiness.

You can label it whatever you like, but that does not mean you're right. I can equally as easily label your views selfish.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:31 PM

11,755 posts, read 11,939,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
OP, I think your perspective is naive and idealistic. I can agree that some people put too little effort into growing and maintaining - and fixing - their relationships. However, there certainly is a place for divorce because no matter how good your intentions or how much you try, it doesn't always work. Sometimes you simply are incompatible and miserable together, so it's better to end the misery and have another chance at happiness.

You can label it whatever you like, but that does not mean you're right. I can equally as easily label your views selfish.
It's true. And people here throw around divorce statistics as a way of justifying why you should never get married. But it's never that simple. Maybe some people throw in the towel too easily, but for every story like that, there are stories of people who tried everything they could, but in the end, what was broken couldn't be fixed. Both people have to want it to fix it. Better to be set free than shackled and miserable for the rest of your life.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:39 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,169,369 times
Umm, Romila, I think you need to relax and take a deep breath. The past few days your threads have seemed angry and negative. Maybe there is nothing wrong with everyone else and maybe you're just too demanding with what you want.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:41 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,044,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
It's true. And people here throw around divorce statistics as a way of justifying why you should never get married. But it's never that simple. Maybe some people throw in the towel too easily, but for every story like that, there are stories of people who tried everything they could, but in the end, what was broken couldn't be fixed. Both people have to want it to fix it. Better to be set free than shackled and miserable for the rest of your life.
Many, Many breakups and divorces. It's hard to have faith and believe in "Love ever after" these days. Squabbles over money, Attention, Work, Kids and other things. As a single 35 year old man, I want to believe in Hollywood like romances, But the reality says otherwise. A close friend is going through this right now. Live in relationship for 2 years and together for a year and a half. they are miserable. Basically roommates. No intimacy, Communication or anything. They just moved a few months ago to a new place to "start over." not surprisingly, the old adage you can never really get away from yourself is true. Every time i say to myself :Drew, What's the story with your single status?" I think of them. And I wonder if I am better off. I have little stress otherwise. It must be tough to be living with a spouse or partner and it is cold and empty. And certainly not the first time I have seen this.

But it seems strange-to me, To go through the remainder of my life, however long I have without committing in that way. Having a wife, A partner. Will i live to regret it? Or fill my life with adventure in it's place?

Who knows......Just going to live as best as i can, treat others well. Ya never know.

And so goes the song by Fates Warning.."The road goes on, And on and On...

Old 07-02-2014, 06:14 AM

24 posts, read 27,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Modern living has rendered a lot of men and women unfit for marriage or even a simple long-term relationship. The older I get the more I think a dog, a new pickup truck and a good fishing pole might be the way to go.
It seems that the future life you painted is a good way to go,when i was a school girl and i always wonder why we have to grow up,become sophisticated,split hairs and wear a fake mask to disguise the true yourself from friends and people around you.But it is not the excuses to reject to show our true emotions to others,there still have ao many people with kind heart and willing to establish a good and real relationship with us.We need to open our mind to seek and you will meet the right one.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:21 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,226,696 times
It's best not to even get married since you have no idea what level of commitment the other person has.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:49 AM

377 posts, read 530,399 times
It's easier to replace than deal with the headache. Good thing we have access to millions of potential partners, with all the different avenues to meet the opposite sex online, it's too easy to replace, then to burden oneself with the work it takes to have a healthy relationship. Shoot even that little girl living in the town of less than 100, has access to millions of potential partners...technology makes it too easy to move on.

I'm not saying it's right, but it's just part of life at this time. You have to adapt to the times....instead of giving your next boyfriend 110% where the break up hurts, give him only 78%, so the sting is less. Next one gets 75% and so on.....

Old 07-02-2014, 08:51 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,121,230 times
Why does it matter what people do? Does the fact that people change partners a lot make your relationship any less valid? Worry about your self, and no one else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships