Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 09:31 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,356,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I love how people are so quick to buy that the OP's perception of this woman is completely grounded in reality and not imagined, calling her names and such.

I've had guys accuse me of playing games with them, simply because my life didn't revolve around them and I had other serious concerns.
Translation: Guilty as charged. You fit the description little lady..change your ways Miss Not-Exclusive

kidding
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 10:14 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,303,834 times
She's just not that into you. Get over it.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Translation: Guilty as charged. You fit the description little lady..change your ways Miss Not-Exclusive

kidding
You know what...I think I'll start a thread about it.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:26 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,245 times
Quote:
Well, be suspicious of generalities without details...accusing her of "playing games" and acting "hot and cold" without a ton of details elaborating the fact. Maybe she's just not into him period really, and he's perceiving her "hotness" as when she's going out of her way to be friendly and her "coldness" as when she has her priorities on her mind.
Why would she want to give him a kiss if she's not into him? Although I do agree that some guys tend to overread the girl's niceness and smile as "i like you" when that's not necessary the case. Maybe she's playing the "Shallow initial contact" game. If she's not into you, just move on. Don't waste your time.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:27 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,396,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianRice View Post
Why would she want to give him a kiss if she's not into him? Although I do agree that some guys tend to overread the girl's niceness and smile as "i like you" when that's not necessary the case. Maybe she's playing the "Shallow initial contact" game. If she's not into you, just move on. Don't waste your time.
yeah at the end of the first date she initiated the hug and kissed me on the lips. i havent done anything different with her since then or acted anyway different

Old 01-20-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianRice View Post
Why would she want to give him a kiss if she's not into him?.
So, it wasn't possible that this wasn't impulse or she changed her mind...which naturally of course she's entitled to?

You haven't kissed people you ultimately didn't want to be with or weren't seriously interested in?

Old 01-20-2012, 12:34 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
Quote:
She's just not that into you. Get over it.
She should just say this from the get go then.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:01 PM

607 posts, read 1,216,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
nope more like being flirty with me one day than next not talking to me at all the next. Like after we went on a first date she kissed me at the end of the date and it seemed to go very well, but she never followed up with me to say she had a good time or to go out again even though we exchanged numbers after that until she accepted my offer for a second date the next week. I dont know, i just expect that when a girl likes you or is interested in you they'll meet you half way, meaning they'll initiate texts or convo. When i ignored her for a few days and didnt text her one weekend the follow week she started initiating convo again. Thats what I mean by it seems like shes playing games. Now i dont act needy or anything with her. I dont overly talk to her or text her. Im basically going at her pace whatever that is.

Am I the only one who doesn't think this is game playing? I know plenty of girls who wouldn't ask a guy on a first or second date...before she has an idea of whether he's really interested. She probably expected you to call and ask her out again. That's why she gave you her number and she prob got yours so that she'd know it was you when you called. If she never initiates dates, that's a different story - but after just one date, I don't think it's playing games. I also don't get what the problem with texting/calling is. You didn't call her so she called you...sounds straightforward. If I were her, I'd be wondering if you were even interested since you don't call for long periods of time and don't want to ask her on dates.

Maybe I just play too many games b/c I really don't get what the problem is.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:04 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,396,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snd485 View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't think this is game playing? I know plenty of girls who wouldn't ask a guy on a first or second date...before she has an idea of whether he's really interested. She probably expected you to call and ask her out again. That's why she gave you her number and she prob got yours so that she'd know it was you when you called. If she never initiates dates, that's a different story - but after just one date, I don't think it's playing games. I also don't get what the problem with texting/calling is. You didn't call her so she called you...sounds straightforward. If I were her, I'd be wondering if you were even interested since you don't call for long periods of time and don't want to ask her on dates.

Maybe I just play too many games b/c I really don't get what the problem is.
ive asked her out twice, i havent called her just texted. but usually when girls like you they'll text you or at least initiate texts. She hasnt even really done that. The times she has initiated is over AIM

Old 01-20-2012, 01:14 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,733,562 times
I think I'd drop a girl who was playing any games, assuming it was obvious she was doing it on purpose. Unless we're talking about board games, although that could get annoying, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships