Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 03:07 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times

Advertisements

Well, the semester just started, and the first day I did what any guy does, look for the hot girls in the class Then I saw this girl walk in, and she was really really cute and then she started to sit down, kind of looked over at me and then sat behind me. She'd ask me questions here and there and I'd help her out a bit. The other day, I said whatever, and I went and sat next to her.. and we talked a lot and worked on an assignment. We stayed after class working on it blah blah, then my lab partner came and got me, so she realized I had to go.

We walked down the hall and when I got to my class I suggested we should start studying together and meet up some time. She smiled and said of course and gave me her number and I gave her mine. As she was walking away she said "oh I'm Stephanie" and I replied with my name ..

Anyways, I can tell pretty much that she's into me, but how long should I wait to ask her out on a date? Should I ask her to hang out after we've studied together once, or should I just try to talk to her in class more til she knows me better?

Last edited by intelfan11315; 01-20-2012 at 04:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 03:14 PM

399 posts, read 854,814 times
Tell her it was kind of like an instant connection and you'd like to get a cup of coffee together. Then you can suggest dinner or whatever. If you don't someone else taking those classes might.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:15 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
She smiled and said of course and gave me her number and I gave her mine. As she was walking away she said "oh I'm Stephanie" and I replied the same..
Is your name Stephanie too??

Quote:
Anyways, I can tell pretty much that she's into me, but how long should I wait to ask her out on a date? Should I ask her to hang out after we've studied together once, or should I just try to talk to her in class more til she knows me better?
^^^
You should let her know you a bit better. When you hang out with her after class studying together you will know/feel when is the right time to say: lets change the scenery and go for ... a cup of coffee, a dinner, a snack, see a movie ... or whatever.
Good luck! Looks like you are a nice, caring guy...

Last edited by elnina; 01-20-2012 at 11:50 PM..

Old 01-20-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
You name is Stephanie too??

^^^
You should let her know you a bit better. When you hang out with her after class studying together you will know/feel when is the right time to say: lets change the scenery and go for ... a cup of coffee, a dinner, a snack, see a movie ... or whatever.
Good luck! Looks like you are a nice, caring guy...

Once every couple years :P

And whoops, I did just realize that I wrote it like my name is Stephanie lol. But thanks for the advice, I'll wait and see how we get along after studying.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:54 PM

3,922 posts, read 6,835,417 times
Quote:
Once every couple years :P

And whoops, I did just realize that I wrote it like my name is Stephanie lol. But thanks for the advice, I'll wait and see how we get along after studying.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:56 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
1. You dial the number
2. You wait to hear ringing sound
3. You wait to hear persons voice
4. She says hello(or some other form of greeting)
5 You return greeting and identify yourself.
6. Make small talk.
7. Ask her to meet you for lunch in the cafeteria(or where ever you college people eat)

You owe me $20 for that by the way.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:05 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,023 times
Quote:
Well, the semester just started, and the first day I did what any guy does, look for the hot girls in the class Then I saw this girl walk in, and she was really really cute and then she started to sit down, kind of looked over at me and then sat behind me. She'd ask me questions here and there and I'd help her out a bit. The other day, I said whatever, and I went and sat next to her.. and we talked a lot and worked on an assignment. We stayed after class working on it blah blah, then my lab partner came and got me, so she realized I had to go.

We walked down the hall and when I got to my class I suggested we should start studying together and meet up some time. She smiled and said of course and gave me her number and I gave her mine. As she was walking away she said "oh I'm Stephanie" and I replied the same..

There's no romance, without finance. If she can't give you no assistance, she needs to keep her distance. In life, what is expensive seems valuable, and what's available for free seems worthless. If a woman can try you before she buy you, then, as B.B. King says, "The thrill is gone".

Old 01-20-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
There's no romance, without finance. If she can't give you no assistance, she needs to keep her distance. In life, what is expensive seems valuable, and what's available for free seem worthless. If a woman can try you before she buy you, then, as B.B. King says, "The thrill is gone".

I'm sorry but I really don't understand what you're talking about

Either way, this girl is a solid 9, that's all the assistance I need

Old 01-20-2012, 04:13 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:

We walked down the hall and when I got to my class I suggested we should start studying together and meet up some time. She smiled and said of course and gave me her number and I gave her mine. As she was walking away she said "oh I'm Stephanie" and I replied the same..

Your name is Stephanie, too?? That's a cool icebreaker!! haha

Anyway, don't figure on a specific amount of time. Talk to her about fun stuff she likes to do and how her weekend went. At some point if she is in committed relationship she's going to bring it up. Example: "My boyfriend and I went hiking..." Otherwise, ask as it comes up if she would like to join you for miniature golf on a Friday night. Or hiking on a Saturday.

[or both]

Old 01-20-2012, 04:15 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,169,841 times
play what?

just call the girl

but punch your parents in the face for naming you Stephanie before calling her
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships