Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 11:02 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
We've only done it twice. I hate it - I basically can't sleep all night. My hubby is out like a light no matter what.
man I wished I could do that. Be out like a light when it comes to sleep! lol.

I don't have too many arguements, and most of the time I go to bed with already having made up with her. If this situation happened I don't think I'd sleep at all, but at least the morning sex would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 11:08 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Don't start arguing after 6pm, that is a good rule, because that is when tempers are short, you had a bad day at work, the kids were bratty all day, everyone is tired. When the hackles start to rise about an issue, make a conscious choice to go work out, take a shower, or whatever, to not start a fight after 6pm. You can always fight about it in the morning.

Old 01-21-2012, 06:46 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
In general, I agree you should not let problems that are causing linger longer than they need to. However, I have also found at times, it is best to withdraw until both people can regain some perspective. Arguing in the heat of the moment usually just makes matter's worse. If it is late, sometimes it is best to just get a good nights rest, and resolve the issue in the morning.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:31 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
In general, I agree you should not let problems that are causing linger longer than they need to. However, I have also found at times, it is best to withdraw until both people can regain some perspective. Arguing in the heat of the moment usually just makes matter's worse. If it is late, sometimes it is best to just get a good nights rest, and resolve the issue in the morning.
You are so right. I think one reason we don't fight much (besides that we usually agree on the big things) is that I like to stop and take a few minutes to digest everything and then I usually find that I can just get over it and move on and that it was something stupid.

A few seconds is all it takes to remind yourself that this is your partner - a person who usually wants the best for you and for your family. Not some enemy.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:10 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Usually people see clearer in the sober light of day. If you can't resolve your problems that night and you can get a good night's rest just sleep it off. Sometimes I don't like leaving things hanging because I'll keep myself up worrying about it.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:21 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehouse View Post
i used to go through hell with my ex. she believed that one should not go to bed upset and because of that, she would not allow me to sleep.
Some people are never satisfied with any result. Personally, I sleep it off and start the morning as if nothing happened. New day...start it off with a clean slate.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:14 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Not all conflicts can be resolved in such a short turn around. Using this logic you're likely to just sweep issues under the rug in the interest of following a rule, rather than truly resolve anything.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:08 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,076 times
We rarely argue, but there have been a few times when we went to sleep (different houses) still upset over something. It always gets resolved in the morning.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:17 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Some people are never satisfied with any result. Personally, I sleep it off and start the morning as if nothing happened. New day...start it off with a clean slate.
Sometimes that works...but other times merely burying ugly feelings allows the animosity between people to grow and return, with a revenge. The sequel can sometimes be worse than the original.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:07 AM

774 posts, read 2,602,212 times
I agree.

Letting something fester over night is a bad thing. You'll both try to ignore it and someone will get bitter. It can lead to very bad things. I've been there.

Fight it out before you go to bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships