Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 04:22 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times

Advertisements

Society tends to judge us for the type of music we listen too or the way we dress. I don't know how you dress or what you listen too but if you fit that bill perhaps that's why men see you as just being into black men.

Of course by the company you keep also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 04:24 PM

826 posts, read 1,893,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
Althought you already expressed you do not like online dating, I find it a very good way to send the signal that you are open for an interracial relashionship. I am Latina (but I have dark skin and an accent which lead many to believe that I am from Jamaica, go figure) and when I'm out the only men who approach me are Hispanics and blacks. White men look but they never come forward... Until I signed up for online dating. I think many white men want to be 100% sure that you will not discriminate them based on their race/color before they approach you and online dating lets them know that. Online dating might not be "natural" to many people but it's becoming more and more normal nowadays.
Repped for the bolded. That's basically what I was saying.

Old 01-22-2012, 04:26 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times
A truly attractive women doesn't have problems meeting men of any race. Usually the ones who say they have "problems" meeting men are not that cute to begin with. Or they have baggae like too many damn kids.

Old 01-22-2012, 04:37 PM

35 posts, read 29,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Society tends to judge us for the type of music we listen too or the way we dress. I don't know how you dress or what you listen too but if you fit that bill perhaps that's why men see you as just being into black men.

Of course by the company you keep also.
I listen to motown and blues music and I dress on the conservative side. In terms of 'company' I haven't established any yet, I'm new.

Old 01-22-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
A truly attractive women doesn't have problems meeting men of any race. Usually the ones who say they have "problems" meeting men are not that cute to begin with. Or they have baggae like too many damn kids.
I don't have any children, and I've only been in two relationships. In my case, it may be my lack of experience with men. I've spent much of my time completing my education. I'm a Ph.D trained epidemiologist.

I've been told that I'm cute, but I wouldn't be described as having super model looks. Also, I don't have the stereotypical 'black' features that many men like (i.e. voluptuous figure). I'm very petite, 5'3, 114 lbs.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie25 View Post
I don't have any children, and I've only been in two relationships. In my case, it may be my lack of experience with men. I've spent much of my time completing my education. I'm a Ph.D trained epidemiologist.

I've been told that I'm cute, but I wouldn't be described as having super model looks. Also, I don't have the stereotypical 'black' features that many men like (i.e. voluptuous figure). I'm very petite, 5'3, 114 lbs.
I don't think you need to have supermodel looks to attract any type of guy, white guys included. A buddy of mine who's married to a white guy is petite and dark. I am tall, slim and a bit fair. White guys, like all other guys, have diverse tastes. They are not monolithic (love this word). I am sure you are fine, just the way you are.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacelilies View Post
I don't think you need to have supermodel looks to attract any type of guy, white guys included. A buddy of mine who's married to a white guy is petite and dark. I am tall, slim and a bit fair. White guys, like all other guys, have diverse tastes. They are not monolithic (love this word). I am sure you are fine, just the way you are.
I'm interested in different types of men, not just white guys; but thank you for the words of encouragement. I'm considering breast augmentation to gain a more voluptuous figure (but nothing too drastic, just a C cup).

Last edited by Melanie25; 01-22-2012 at 05:27 PM..

Old 01-22-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
I'm interested in different types of men, not just white guys.
Then what are you waiting for?
Get thee to an online dating site ASAP.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:36 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
I'm interested in different types of men, not just white guys; but thank you for the words of encouragement. I'm considering breast augmentation to gain a more voluptuous figure (but nothing too drastic, just a C cup).

ARGH!!!!!

Don't do the breast job thingy...... I'm sure you're lovely just the same.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:44 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,405,107 times
I always just asked if she would like to go out like any other woman

brushrunner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships