Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 01:03 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
You're 31 and are freaking out about not having kids yet? I think you may be worrying too much.

Are you financially prepared to have children? If so, then as you date make sure that the woman knows this is a goal of yours. Not something to bring up on the first date of course, but don't wait a few years to discuss it.

I'm not sure where you live, but in my city its not at all unusual for people to make it to their mid 30's or even 40's before getting married and having children.

I see this a lot too here. Fellow new yorker here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 01:10 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,135,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hshaitan View Post
Seriously, I do. And I think I am the only male out there who actually wants kids. I see so many dads that never see their kids and so many single mothers without men around to help them. There also seems to be a lack of women who want to have children that don't already have them.
What does a guy need to do to find a girl that wants to have children?
(p.s.: I'm 31 and kind of freaking out about not having kids already.)
Go for it bro, unless you are being a hypocrite. You may actually be saying it has to be from your seed. If not, few relationships move faster then when men are down for marrying single mothers. You'll have plenty of choice, and can go from zero to diapers and bills in 3 months!

Old 01-23-2012, 01:14 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,662,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Go for it bro, unless you are being a hypocrite. You may actually be saying it has to be from your seed. If not, few relationships move faster then when men are down for marrying single mothers. You'll have plenty of choice, and can go from zero to diapers and bills in 3 months!
No kidding, the options are endless.

Old 01-23-2012, 01:22 PM

625 posts, read 902,563 times
Quote:
Seriously, I do. And I think I am the only male out there who actually wants kids. I see so many dads that never see their kids and so many single mothers without men around to help them. There also seems to be a lack of women who want to have children that don't already have them.

Have you tried the good old fashion method? Finding a woman who shares the same goals and values. Committing to her (marriage) and then starting a family. Many women want kids, but not just with anyone (not saying there's anything wrong with you). They want more than just a guy to impregnate them...they want it all. If you're not willing to step up and be that one, then ...

Old 01-23-2012, 01:40 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,320,786 times
Actually, almost all men do want kids, at least the ones I know do.

I'm 19 and I already want to be a dad. If I were married, had a good paying job, my own home and if the cost of living were lower, I probably would have had a child already. I know being a parent is rarely easy, and I can imagine it wouldn't be but I already feel the desire to be a dad.

I don't want to wait until 30/31 like my parents did... I want to be a young dad and hopefully be a young grandpa. Plus, I'd like to have as many as 5 kids, so I'd rather start young.

Old 01-23-2012, 01:54 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
I think the correct process should be.

1. Dating.

2. Relationship.

3. Marriage.

4. Children.

Any male or female who has babies without a relationship commitment called marriage in order to raise a child together and create a proper family unit role model for the child would be irresponsible.

(By the way, at the age of 31 you shouldn't be calling women "girls"... that's a major obstacle to finding a woman worthwhile to have a relationship with.)

Old 01-23-2012, 02:17 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I think the correct process should be.

1. Dating.

2. Relationship.

3. Marriage.

4. Children.

Any male or female who has babies without a relationship commitment called marriage in order to raise a child together and create a proper family unit role model for the child would be irresponsible.

(By the way, at the age of 31 you shouldn't be calling women "girls"... that's a major obstacle to finding a woman worthwhile to have a relationship with.)

Agreed. Women is a better term. And not saying she is "cute". "Hot" or "beautiful", like a sunset in Tahiti.

Wait....Maybe "Hot" is too sophomoric??

I don't know....

Old 01-23-2012, 02:21 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
yea, they want 'babies/kids' until they actually get them -- then walk out and decide it's not for them after all. oops.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:27 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
You have no worries at 31. An attractive or even a so so 31 year old man is a valuable prize to many women. Most women date and get fed up with guys like me who see no reason to settle down and have children. The first thing I would look for (next to a spouse) is the question: are you financially able to support a family?

Old 01-23-2012, 02:36 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,027,010 times
Didn't expect to open a thread titled "I want babies!" and find a single male OP. If this were a Miller Lite commercial, he would be the guy drinking the "other" light beer and getting chastised by his buddies for being unmanly. Man up!

On a serious note, I can empathize with the desire to become a parent. It certainly isn't what I want right now, but I can certainly see why some guys want to be dads. What I can't see is why any of them would be in a hurry about it at 31. That undermines one of the great benefits of being male, which is that we have basically no biological clock.

My uncle sired his first young at 48, and his second at 53. What was he doing while he was in his 20s and 30s and still virile and attractive? Whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted, and most importantly, WHOever he wanted! Certainly not being in a hurry to settle down with one chick and start making babies. He just made sure to rake in enough dough that once he got old, fat, and bald, he could marry a much younger chick -- which he did. The guy is a freaking CASE STUDY on how a male should go through life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships