Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2012, 03:41 PM

96 posts, read 101,117 times

Advertisements

Now for the big question. Is the money in your husbands account money he busted his ***** for, or is it money you busted yours for? Not only that, why do you feel entitled to money someone else worked themselves to the bone for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 03:49 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buick>Import View Post
Now for the big question. Is the money in your husbands account money he busted his ***** for, or is it money you busted yours for? Not only that, why do you feel entitled to money someone else worked themselves to the bone for?
Because they're married. I earn significantly more than my husband and it would never dawn on me to have such disparity in my marriage. We're a family, not just two working roommates.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:06 PM

410 posts, read 515,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buick>Import View Post
Where are all your supporters in breaking men out of slavery to women?

Old 02-14-2012, 06:09 PM

96 posts, read 101,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Sattar View Post
Where are all your supporters in breaking men out of slavery to women?
***** whipped, Or busy playing the "game".

Old 02-14-2012, 06:38 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,941,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Because they're married. I earn significantly more than my husband and it would never dawn on me to have such disparity in my marriage. We're a family, not just two working roommates.
I agree with this. Separate accounts are for cohabitation, not marriage.

I don't understand the "keep everything spearate and pull out calculators" crowd. I also do not understand the "he need to take care of her/man always pays" crowd either. No, they both need to take care of each other. Not sure why that is so hard for a lot of people to figure out.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:22 PM

30 posts, read 34,970 times
OP, I'm sorry you mentioned anything to your husband, I think the timing was wrong. I would have waited until after you set foot in the USA. These types are always thinking of "their" money and how to guard it, he may be spending more for now, there is a reason. His actions I believe are a temporary thing as I think you will find out after your return. Bank up money so you can make it on your own, I can see that light bulb go off in his head. He's been alerted to the fact that you won't go with his way of living. Good luck.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:49 PM

664 posts, read 773,586 times
I really don't understand the whole we're married so everything is both of ours thing. How does your being married have any effect at all on his job and the money he earns? Or vice versa?

Old 02-15-2012, 02:44 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mn311601 View Post
I really don't understand the whole we're married so everything is both of ours thing. How does your being married have any effect at all on his job and the money he earns? Or vice versa?
When I was married it all went in one pot. It would have seemed odd any other way. And we never fought about money...

Old 02-15-2012, 03:13 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mn311601 View Post
For some people, to repeat what I said earlier, getting married means you become a family. A family is a unit, an entity of sorts, but it's never comprised of one individual. It's we not me.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:02 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,027,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Um, the real question is if they have talked about it.

I can't believe how many people come on here and they haven't even approached the topic with their spouses.

I wonder how many people are afraid to...or are they collecting ammo to use on their spouse...or are they just trying to understand what's normal...?

Let me trim it down.

If you have a problem (ANY problem), talk about it with your partner first.
None of this "he should know" or "if she cared, I wouldn't have to say" garbage.
No one is a freakin' mind reader and they might not have ANY clue you are hurting or feeling like they are being insensitive.

Second point - if it doesn't feel right, IT AIN'T RIGHT. No matter what anyone's opinions on here are about what's normal or what everyone else does or thinks. It's YOUR relationship. It has to be run on YOUR terms.
LOVE. THIS. POST!!!

I'm amazed at these simplistic questions as well.

I mean these people are with their partners for YEARS it seems, but yet they are AFRAID to ask or talk to them about anything.

Like, where they do that at?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships