Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2012, 11:42 AM

2,615 posts, read 5,399,973 times

Advertisements

I'm white, wife is Latin darker skinned. What the heck is there not to be open about, unless you're a racist? The kids will still be human beings!

Anyone with such ridiculous hangups should do the civilised world a favour by refraining from breeding.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:48 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,625 times
if a guy doesn't want black mixed children then he probably wouldn't bother dating a black woman in the first place.
but if this is just dating or the beginning of your relationship, i think youre thinking too far ahead. this may not even last a month longer
i have dated two white guys, one just plain white and the other half asian and white and they were both okay(more like really happy to) with having mixed children

Old 01-24-2012, 11:59 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I am a black woman and wear my hair natural.

I don't use "grease" LOL! I primarily use shea butter and olive oil on my hair.

I also wouldn't consider our hair to be "coarse." It is kinky but not course, which is defined as "harsh or rough to the touch." My hair is VERY soft, not coarse.

I don't know what you are talking about regarding the washing of hair and bacteria, if what you are saying is the case, then we should wash our hair more often since. The reason why we do not have to wash our hair as often is due to the fact that our hair is not oily like caucasion hair. Some textures are more oily than others amongst black people, just like white people. Most white women I know with curlier/wavy hair also do not wash their hair every day because it makes the hair frizzy and strips it of natural moisture.

Also, I use black soap, not shampoo to wash my hair and honestly I only use that maybe once a month and normally just do a co-wash and detangler (co-wash is washing one's hair with conditioner).

I agree with you that our hair has less moisture (i.e. water) which is why we add moisture to our hair via water and oils. I seal the oil in with shea butter so I do not have to moisturize every day probably every 2-3 days and my hair is still soft and not coarse.

Relaxing has nothing to do with hair being coarse or not. One can have straight, rough, harsh, coarse hair. Many black women who have relaxers have a head full of damaged coarse hair. I won't get into my views on relaxers because it may cause a lot of hard feelings.

But wanted to reiterate that black hair is not coarse and it also can and does grow just as fast as caucasian hair or Asian hair or Latin hair. I have very long hair and I cut my hair every 3 months. My daughter has very long hair and she is only 3.

Older generations did used to use "grease" but that is falling out of favor now. "Grease" blocks the hair follicles and is the cause of slow growing hair. One should use natural oils or shea butter instead.

On topic, if a white man marries a black woman then of course he shouldn't mind having interracial children. I know a few WM/BF couples and 2 of them have children. One of the dad's is a stay at home dad and he just adores his children. They have 2 boys and one girl. The boys look like him and the girl looks more like her mom but you can tell all the kids are related because they share a lot of features.
Baby, two things can't be true. 1.) I also wouldn't consider our hair to be "coarse." And, 2.) Many black women who have relaxers have a head full of damaged coarse hair. Your saying two different things, here. So, can black hair be coarse, or not? Lastly, I don't know you, or anything about your lovely black hair, but I can assure you that black peoples hair comes in a wide range of textures; course being one of them.

Last edited by Just1Fan; 01-24-2012 at 12:27 PM..

Old 01-24-2012, 12:01 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Conversations about black women always turn into skin tone and/or hair texture. Never fails.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:02 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Conversations about black women always turn into skin tone and/or hair texture. Never fails.
Or stuff like "most black women are obese..........."

Old 01-24-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
if a guy doesn't want black mixed children then he probably wouldn't bother dating a black woman in the first place.
but if this is just dating or the beginning of your relationship, i think youre thinking too far ahead. this may not even last a month longer
i have dated two white guys, one just plain white and the other half asian and white and they were both okay(more like really happy to) with having mixed children
she's hoping and praying it'll last forever..............

Old 01-24-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Or stuff like "most black women are obese..........."
Yea, I forgot that one, LOL.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:07 PM

526 posts, read 955,256 times
Quote:
I was thinking the same thing. Now I am confused about this thread. Is this about mixed children, hair textures, or Tom Cruise's "adopted" son?

Old 01-24-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Now I am confused about this thread. Is this about mixed children, hair textures, or Tom Cruise's "adopted" son?
This thread's about Tom Cruise's mixed children's hair texture.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
This thread's about Tom Cruise's mixed children's hair texture.
and speculating on whether Tom's nappy-haired mixed daughter is obese or not........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships