Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2012, 04:33 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times

Advertisements

I don't think you can mix all white men into the same category. Some may think it is ok, while others do not.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:34 AM

4 posts, read 7,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate_Cupcake View Post
I'm a black woman and very curious about whether non black guys tend to avoid interracial marriages with black women because they do not want mixed children?

I guess white guys view Asian and Hispanic women as a safe bet, because the children produced from those unions will still look fairly white, while the child will more than likely be darker if created with a black woman. I think this definitely plays a role in the low IR rates between black women and non black men. What are your thoughts?
If having darker children was a significant deterrent (for non-blacks) from entering into IR relationships, than IR rates for black men with non-black women would be just as low, but as you know, IR rates between black men and non-black women are much higher than vice versa, so the fear of darker children isn't the reason why non-black men shy away from black women.

Non-black men shy away from black women for the same reasons that many black men, who only date IR, shy away from black women.

There's no need to get into what those reasons are; we all know those reasons have been repeated over and over and over.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:57 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,426,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho View Post
If having darker children was a significant deterrent (for non-blacks) from entering into IR relationships, than IR rates for black men with non-black women would be just as low, but as you know, IR rates between black men and non-black women are much higher than vice versa, so the fear of darker children isn't the reason why non-black men shy away from black women.

Non-black men shy away from black women for the same reasons that many black men, who only date IR, shy away from black women.

There's no need to get into what those reasons are; we all know those reasons have been repeated over and over and over.
What are those reasons? I got a vague mental image of a loud black woman shouting "Yo mama!" but I don't know if that's what you mean...

Old 01-26-2012, 10:30 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,303,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography Freak View Post
I got a vague mental image of a loud black woman shouting "Yo mama!" but I don't know if that's what you mean...
Hilarious.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:41 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
,you must realize that black men (like yourself) don't exactly have the best reputation for being the best husbands, fathers, law abiding citizens, etc. either,
Actually, I'm the exception, in that, I would be a good husband and father; I also run a successful business and have no criminal record. As far as the rest of your post, I agree with it.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:00 PM

Ok everyone, have at it: http://www.isteve.com/IsLoveColorblind.htm

"Although the bitterness that some black women feel over intermarriage is well known, the imbalance rests even more heavily on Asian-American men. For every 1,000 Asian women with husbands, only 860 Asian men had wives, leaving a large number of Asian bachelors left over."

"Like most guys, Asian-American men are fairly reticent about admitting any frustrations in the mating game. But the news for them was even worse. Asian women had white husbands 3.08 times more often than Asian men had white wives. That means 75 percent of white-Asian couples featured a white husband and Asian wife.
"

"Also, among whites, interracial marriage hasn't impacted one gender much more than the other. Although white women hunting for husbands, for example, suffer more competition from Asian women, they also enjoy increased chances to acquire a black mate. Thus, among non-Hispanic whites, for every 1,000 white women who are married, 1,006 white men are married. On a national level, this imbalance is close to imperceptible."

http://www.isteve.com/2003_Census_In...Gender_Gap.htm

Last edited by calicali01; 01-26-2012 at 01:09 PM..

Old 01-26-2012, 01:09 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
If you're going to make blanket statements about black women, you must realize that black men (like yourself) don't exactly have the best reputation for being the best husbands, fathers, law abiding citizens, etc. either, so I think you need to stop pointing fingers, step away from the computer, and go sit down somewhere.
You, too, need to not make blanket statements about black men. Ironic that you chastised someone else for doing the same about black women.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:18 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
There is something the media isn't telling us about single black women.

They need to I depth,and I think that what we would find is that of that 70% number that gets thrown around,about 50% are in commtited relationships,that are heterosexual.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:19 PM

"This Also helps to explain the data in which you pointed out that in their most recent sexual experience, White women were about 10 times more likely to have been with a Black man then a White man was with a Black woman. Although I know of no data to support this, I imagine that Asian male- Black female one night stands are quite rare

Personality differences among the races may also contribute to the intermarriage discrepancies. Blacks tend to have more outgoing and aggressive personalities, while Asians tend to be more shy and reserved, with Whites intermediate between the two.

http://www.isteve.com/response.htm#P...%20personality

Old 01-26-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
There is something the media isn't telling us about single black women.
What do you mean? Tell you what?

And why wait for the media to tell you issues about black women when all you have to do is ask a black man who will give you a candid and unbiased answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships