Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 10:56 PM

89 posts, read 138,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Ulterior motive? Do you also believe Barack Obama is the Antichrist?
Lucario, you should retire to bed. Seriously.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:56 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate_Cupcake View Post
Lucario, you should retire to bed. Seriously.
I suggest you do the same.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
I don't see an issue with it, and I'm a black woman. He wasn't comparing anything. He was giving examples of men who were with Black women. I don't see anything racist in his posts at all.
You don't see anything wrong with him mentioning sally hemmings/thomas jefferson and strom thurmond and his maid? Maybe you have no idea that those relationships weren't deemed consensual. The first so called relationship took place when hemmings, a slave girl was only 13, Jefferson was in his late 50's. While, Strom Thurmond had forced himself on his family's live-in maid during the jim crow era and produced a child from that union. The family paid the maid not to mention that Strom was the father.

You really have no understanding of what he was implying. There are so many consensual modern day wm/bw couples that he could have referenced.
Then he stated, there's no difference between white men.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:03 PM

431 posts, read 474,590 times
I dont think its a racist question just a honest discussion

what people are is more important than what **color** they are
you might as well phase the question in regard to religion
how about a jewish moslim relationship ??

Old 01-23-2012, 11:04 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
You don't see anything wrong with him mentioning sally hemmings/thomas jefferson and strom thurmond and his maid? Maybe you have no idea that those relationships weren't deemed consensual. The first relationship took place when hemmings, a slave girl was only 13/14 , Jefferson was in his late 50's. While, Strom Thurmond had forced himself on his family's live-in maid during the jim crow era and produced a child from that union. The family paid the maid not to mention that Strom was the father.

You really have no understanding of what he was implying. There are so many consensual modern day wm/bw couples that he could have referenced.
Who cares? Move on...

Old 01-23-2012, 11:09 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,278,103 times
Quote:
You don't see anything wrong with him mentioning sally hemmings/thomas jefferson and strom thurmond and his maid? Maybe you have no idea that those relationships weren't deemed consensual. The first so called relationship took place when hemmings, a slave girl was only 13, Jefferson was in his late 50's. While, Strom Thurmond had forced himself on his family's live-in maid during the jim crow era and produced a child from that union. The family paid the maid not to mention that Strom was the father.

You must be very young, because you think like a child. You read too much into some things (see your post above), and not enough into others (the rest of your posts).

Yes, he could have used other examples, but those may have been the first people who came to mind. Grow up before you have a child, please.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:13 PM

431 posts, read 474,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Why does it matter?

I don't believe Cohen and Janet Langhart had children, nor did Ebert and his wife. If I'm wrong I apologize in advance.
ebert was old and disabled when he married
what about mick & bianca jagger tiger woods & spouse
many many black athletes ) football players ) have white wifes
each relationship is unique differasnt folks have differant reasons for being together .cant juge what yours would be like by mentioning others .

Old 01-23-2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
You must be very young, because you think like a child. You read too much into some things (see your post above), and not enough into others (the rest of your posts).

Yes, he could have used other examples, but those may have been the first people who came to mind. Grow up before you have a child, please.
I am not very young, I am 23. You are the only one behaving like a child. I don't get this message board. There are people that are complaining about the topic, but they keep posting. Yet, you call me childish.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:16 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
I am not very young, I am 23. You are the only one behaving like a child. I don't get this message board. There are people that are complaining about the topic, but they keep posting. Yet, you call me childish.
Seriously....

Cricket Sound - YouTube

Old 01-23-2012, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnA151 View Post
ebert was old and disabled when he married
what about mick & bianca jagger tiger woods & spouse
many many black athletes ) football players ) have white wifes
each relationship is unique differasnt folks have differant reasons for being together .cant juge what yours would be like by mentioning others .
I'm a black woman and very curious about whether non black guys tend to avoid interracial marriages with black women because they do not want mixed children?

I guess white guys view Asian and Hispanic women as a safe bet, because the children produced from those unions will still look fairly white, while the child will more than likely be darker if created with a black woman. I think this definitely plays a role in the low IR rates between black women and non black men. What are your thoughts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships