Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 05:07 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,117,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
In essence, it's a high functional version of Autism.
I don't really understand with that is either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 05:38 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,508,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I don't really understand with that is either.

Asperger's Syndrome Symptoms in Children, Teens, Adults

Old 01-25-2012, 06:27 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,865,059 times
It's weird that I've never heard of this disorder until post y2k. I can attribute my lack of success with women due to social awkwardness, bad social publicity, acne, weight, and social status.

Not that I have problems attracting women, just always attract certain types that I can't build a future with. Not only that, but me being a guy with limited relations (Single digit) I can't go for ones who racked up a higher number because of the whole STD thing, sometimes they're never upfront about any of it. At my age, it's a tight spot and hard to get over, unless my number was high enough to match the more sexually active I probably wouldn't care.

EDIT: cut off some parts that was off topic.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:45 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,820,271 times
I don't have AS or Autism but I'm certainly not popular to the opposite sex.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:10 PM

7,592 posts, read 6,076,467 times
my son has AS (he is 12 so no dating issues yet)
However since we had him Diagnosed with it, I hae started to look back on my life and wonder if I had it to some degree, certainly think my father may have been AS (Although I am certain he is undx BPD) I had one friend who was clearly AS and he had the worst time of all meeting women. He finally got married when his church told him to and told him to whom, and the lady he married, oddly enough, probably AS as well.......
Niether had ever had a serious relationship and they were in their mid 30's when they got married. Both had all the traits of AS the guy overwhelmingly so. (he reminded me a lot of my father, in his mannerisms and such, which is why I wonder about the whole thang...)
I am seeing that yes People with AS do have trouble but I think with group therapy or social therapy that could be overcome
Anyway congrats on your April nuptuals. Wish you all the best always !

Old 01-25-2012, 08:49 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,013,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I have A.s. some people are not sexually/romantically 'desirable' to people, guess that's just the way it is. I don't know why. nothing i can do about it at this stage of life.
Unfortunately even attractive people who have AS - and there are many of them (physically attractive and their personality) - can be less noticed by the OS because they seem awkward and/or shy. Less a problem for females but still an issue. I have a friend who I suspect has AS who is pretty good looking but hasn't really had a relationship since he was 15.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:05 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,725,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Unfortunately even attractive people who have AS - and there are many of them (physically attractive and their personality) - can be less noticed by the OS because they seem awkward and/or shy. Less a problem for females but still an issue. I have a friend who I suspect has AS who is pretty good looking but hasn't really had a relationship since he was 15.

well i am a female and it's B.S. its less a problem but yes thats true most people with A.S. are not approachable i agree with that. doesn't help if you are ugly either or considered to be ugly.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:13 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,013,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
well i am a female and it's B.S. its less a problem but yes thats true most people with A.S. are not approachable i agree with that. doesn't help if you are ugly either or considered to be ugly.
Well I'm just basing it on people know. Know lots of people - both male and female - online and in real life and it's not hard for reasonably attractive aspie girls to GET a relationship, because men still do most of the initiating...but maintaining one is different. Some aspie girls do have a probably finding a relationship, but it's less common to hear about 40 year old female virgins not by choice.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:17 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,725,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Well I'm just basing it on people know. Know lots of people - both male and female - online and in real life and it's not hard for reasonably attractive aspie girls to GET a relationship, because men still do most of the initiating...but maintaining one is different. Some aspie girls do have a probably finding a relationship, but it's less common to hear about 40 year old female virgins not by choice.
Alright if you say so. I'm just telling you I wish people would stop saying that altogether that just b/c some woman is 'reasonably attractive or good looking' it is easier for her to to get a bf or w/e. Might be the case for some but not all and of course nothing is ever said about girls that are flat out ugly. And just because something is less common doesn't make it non existent.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:34 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,190,652 times
I've never felt particularly popular with women, but then I have or have had a fair amount of female friends.

Probably more to do with my inability to "tell them how I feel" than an actual lack of popularity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships