Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 09:09 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,737,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope4me46 View Post
Met a guy 6 weeks ago. He text me several times, He started calling every night. We both felt like we were instant soul mates. We talked several hours each night, never a dull moment. After 3 weeks we went out. Had a great date and a second date. After the 2nd date, he wanted me to come over to his house, but I couldn't because of a class I had. The next day he seemed distant, then the day after that I didn't hear from him. So I guess I made the mistake of texting him and got no response. Another day went by, so I called him. He wouldn't answer his phone. He had been totally pursuing me up to this point. Then finally I get a text from him a day later saying this " not ready for a relationship, busy with work, take care and text me sometime". That was so unlike the guy I had been talking to. I tried getting him to explain, but he won't text back at all.
I am clueless. I didn't act like his mother or smother him. I just don't know why he would act like he was crazy about me and open up to me about so many things and then suddenly get cold feet. It's been about 1.5 weeks now. Any suggestions?
You know he's not giving you 100%. So, you deserve better? Don't play yourself anymore than you already have. Baby, you need some new guides, in your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 09:10 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,026,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
From one guy to another: Really?

[whatever happened to being cool for the first few months?]
I don't see how I could possibly wait a few months to get some action with someone I cared about and who presumably cares about me. After a lifetime of loneliness and then having a light in my life, to have to wait an inordinate amount of time to FULLY enjoy that light is just so.....it just sounds really bad, I'll put it that way.

However, I've never been in that position, so I really don't know how I would REALLY react if/when I am ever in it. I'm just expressing the way I feel.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:11 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,047,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Thats pretty juvenile if you ask me. To just completely shut down over someone not coming over. I mean you made it clear that you had to attend class. Besides, the fact that he asked you to come over doesnt mean you HAVE to honor it. Anyway, based on the info in this thread so far, it sounds like you dodged a bullet here..just a feeling.
I agree with Percentage. Chalk it up to experience and let it go. Whatever the guy's reason for cutting off communication, he lacks class and maturity. Seek out someone better.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:23 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,783,345 times
He sounds a bit passive aggressive. Move on and be thankful that it was only a month of your life.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I don't see how I could possibly wait a few months to get some action with someone I cared about and who presumably cares about me. After a lifetime of loneliness and then having a light in my life, to have to wait an inordinate amount of time to enjoy that light is just so.....it just sounds really bad, I'll put it that way.

However, I've never been in that position, so I really don't know how I would REALLY react if/when I am ever in it. I'm just expressing the way I feel.
It's a matter of perspective, I suppose. I've been in enough situations where I've thought to myself, "Why isn't this happening now??" Over time I've learned to be patient and be cool. What I do these days is occupy myself with a variety of activities so that if one thing doesn't happen (e.g. sex), then something else will (e.g. go for a hike).

[drag racing vs. cruising]

Old 01-24-2012, 09:30 PM

11,785 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
But what if part of the problem is that girls are taking too long to get intimate? Granted, after the 2nd date might be too short, but you gotta acknowledge that the opposite could be a problem, as well: taking too long.
But in this situation, taking too long wasn't the problem. 2 dates, she couldn't go back to his place when he invited her, so he's tossed her aside with a juvenile "too busy, take care, call me" attitude? Hard not to guess that sex was his motive and he didn't get his way so he stomped off. Good riddance, lucky her.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:59 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,810,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
The invite to his house may have been tainted with motive, and when you didn't accept, legitimate or not, he pulled anchor.
this was my first thought.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:14 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
That sucks.

Quote:
" not ready for a relationship, busy with work, take care and text me sometime"
I think he meant exactly what he said. He had some time then when he spent it with you but not on an ongoing basis.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:52 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
probably picked up a vibe you weren't going to sleep with him in a timely manner. decided to flake on you.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:15 PM

160 posts, read 295,059 times
Quote:
Met a guy 6 weeks ago. He text me several times, He started calling every night. We both felt like we were instant soul mates. We talked several hours each night, never a dull moment. After 3 weeks we went out. Had a great date and a second date. After the 2nd date, he wanted me to come over to his house, but I couldn't because of a class I had. The next day he seemed distant, then the day after that I didn't hear from him. So I guess I made the mistake of texting him and got no response. Another day went by, so I called him. He wouldn't answer his phone. He had been totally pursuing me up to this point. Then finally I get a text from him a day later saying this " not ready for a relationship, busy with work, take care and text me sometime". That was so unlike the guy I had been talking to. I tried getting him to explain, but he won't text back at all.
I am clueless. I didn't act like his mother or smother him. I just don't know why he would act like he was crazy about me and open up to me about so many things and then suddenly get cold feet. It's been about 1.5 weeks now. Any suggestions?
It's been my experience that people *in general* who are quick to connect with a person are also just as quick to disconnect. The connection for the quick-to-connect people isn't based on anything real; it's based fantasy the first person builds up in their head about the second person. When the OTHER person does something to destroy that fantasy, the first person disconnects almost immediately.

When you didn't hop-to, you destroyed whatever fantasy he had created about you and he disconnected. It's not your fault. It's his problem, not yours. No one is ever going to live up to his perfect standards.

If you were somehow to placate him this time, you would be forever placating him, trying to live up to whatever his weird standards are.

I know it hurts when someone pulls away suddenly (I've been through something similar myself recently), but relationships aren't supposed to be this hard in the beginning. If they're already this hard, they're never going to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships