Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 12:20 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times

Advertisements

He's sulking because you weren't at his beck and call, and possibly because he didn't get laid. Good riddance to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 12:29 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,681 times
Sounds to me when he didn't get you over his house, it was over for him.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:05 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,963,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope4me46 View Post
Met a guy 6 weeks ago. He text me several times, He started calling every night. We both felt like we were instant soul mates. We talked several hours each night, never a dull moment. After 3 weeks we went out. Had a great date and a second date. After the 2nd date, he wanted me to come over to his house, but I couldn't because of a class I had. The next day he seemed distant, then the day after that I didn't hear from him. So I guess I made the mistake of texting him and got no response. Another day went by, so I called him. He wouldn't answer his phone. He had been totally pursuing me up to this point. Then finally I get a text from him a day later saying this " not ready for a relationship, busy with work, take care and text me sometime". That was so unlike the guy I had been talking to. I tried getting him to explain, but he won't text back at all.
I am clueless. I didn't act like his mother or smother him. I just don't know why he would act like he was crazy about me and open up to me about so many things and then suddenly get cold feet. It's been about 1.5 weeks now. Any suggestions?
It's so simple. Put out or get out...It wasn't you he was after it was your body. Don't take it personal it happens. Just move on..

Old 01-25-2012, 06:38 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
But what if part of the problem is that girls are taking too long to get intimate? Granted, after the 2nd date might be too short, but you gotta acknowledge that the opposite could be a problem, as well: taking too long.
I'd be willing to bet that he flaked not because she said no but because someone else said yes.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:57 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,152 times
sounds like a waste of time and if u pursued him and got into a relationship he'd be a basket case anyway.. better to find things out early on then to continue it and be miserable.......

Move on

Old 01-25-2012, 06:57 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineFlower View Post
It's been my experience that people *in general* who are quick to connect with a person are also just as quick to disconnect. The connection for the quick-to-connect people isn't based on anything real; it's based fantasy the first person builds up in their head about the second person. When the OTHER person does something to destroy that fantasy, the first person disconnects almost immediately.
I agree and I've experienced this too. You'll go crazy trying to figure out what went wrong so all you can do is just move on.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:59 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,383,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I'm trying to put myself in his place & the only thing I can see is that you didn't go over to his place when he wanted you to. I don't know what went on through his mind, but it looks like that made you look (in his mind) as if though you weren't committed to him or that you were playing games. It was so much "talk" but when he wanted to make it something real, you flaked. Which you DIDN'T, but he felt as though you had.
This is total bull! Sounds to me like he was ready to pursue something physical with you and when he realized you were not going to hit the sack easy, he cooled off.

YOU were not playing games, you were being honest and trying to to rush into anything and why would you go over his house so soon. Its idiotic that you should have shown any "commitment" to this guy. If he really cared about you and really wanted something with you, he would still be calling and pursuing. HE was playing the game. He acted like he had a genuine interest and he obviously didn't.

Forget him. He's a waste of time. Sorry, I know it sucks though.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:00 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I'd be willing to bet that he flaked not because she said no but because someone else said yes.
Might be this here. When she flaked, he started working other avenues. I suspect he isn't trying to really build a relationship, but will put out some effort to try and get to the intimacy.

If he is going to flake off like that, you are WAY better off! I know it still is painful, but I am sure you will find someone far better!

Old 01-25-2012, 09:53 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
He sounds a little high-maintenance to me. I'd count your chickens if I were you. Good luck.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:55 AM

203 posts, read 511,672 times
how old are you two?
First thought that came to my mine is he wanted to get laid. You didn't play along, he bolted for greener (and looser) pastures, lol..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships