Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 01:19 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,205,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
My opinion is based on my experiences living in the Upper Midwest for a decade, followed by New England for a few years. Not everyone in these areas drink, let alone drink heavily, but the general population does not look down on such behavior as heavily as someone from say, LA might.

For the record, unless someone has health issues, everyone processes and responds to alcohol in the same manner whether they are drinking their first ever beer, or are a seasoned drinking veteran. The only difference is that the long-time drinker has "learned" how to act while under the influence of alcohol.

My response in question here was in response to a specific comment. If you read above that, you will find my opinion to the OPs situation, who, asked for help in diciphering his text. I gave her that.

Also, I never said that there is not a possiblity that this guy got turned off by her being drunk. Read my first paragraph in my response to the OP. I clearly wrote that it is possible he only texted the next day out of politeness.

There are people posting from all around the country, possibly even the world and the majority responded that possibly her being "pretty drunk" might have something to do with the response she received. Just an observation I'm making...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 01:22 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,959,730 times
Why can't people just talk to each other any more?

Old 01-25-2012, 02:41 PM

228 posts, read 421,002 times
Sounds like he is possibly throwing the ball back in your court. Maybe he wants you to tell him when you are available, so he doesn't appear too eager. Just propose the next meeting time, if he wants to see you he will take the cue and agree to your proposed meeting or he will work out another possible time. If you get a cryptic response instead, it's probably time to write him off. Maybe avoid doing this via text messages, though.

Also, I wouldn't always expect an immediate answer to text messages. As many folks have pointed out, technology often fails, and everyone isn't connected by the hip to their phone. My job was much too demanding to keep my cell phone in view or on my person, I always left it silenced in my purse. I would check at lunch sometimes, if I had the chance, but that's when I usually wanted a break from all technology!

Old 01-25-2012, 02:48 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,144,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
Next time you get "pretty drunk" on a first date, consider taking a taxi home.

and

How about not drinking enough to be intoxicated in the first place.
How about not judging the OP, and answering her question? None of us were there, and more importantly, what one decides to do is a personal choice, and is really subjective. Who is anyone to say what she should have done?

I agree with the person who said to just ask him what he meant. "as in... or ...?" Just be up front, see where you stand, and move on accordingly.

(Sorry if all this has been covered, I only read the first page of responses. Now I'll go back and read the rest...)

Edit: UH OH.... (I still stand by my comments...)

Old 01-25-2012, 02:52 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,326,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I met this guy 2 weeks ago at a bar and he asked me for my number. He asked me to go to dinner with him last Friday. Made reservations and we went out drinking afterwards. I got pretty drunk so I stayed at his place. We fooled around but didn't have sex. I left in the morning and he texted me to make sure I got home okay and later that day to see if I was feeling better. Fast-forward two days and I hadn't heard anything so I texted him asking him when I could see him again and almost 9 hours later he texted me back "haha! good question :P". I have yet to respond since I have no idea if he's being sarcastic or what. Any ideas?
The not texting you for two days and then waiting 9 hours to respond to your initital text and THEN on top of that he didn't respond with a serious answer, tells me the prognosis doesn't look so good. He sounds like he's not that into you. I would say don't text him and then wait a few more days to see if he texts you again. If he doesn't, he's not that into you, sorry. I would just lose his number after that. Stuff like this is why dating sucks.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:00 PM

527 posts, read 1,231,090 times
My feeling is that he's just not that into you, but doesn't have the guts to tell you that he doesn't want to see you anymore. Cut your losses and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships