Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women will you approach a guy you find attactive 2012 Poll
Yes I will always approach a guy I find attractive 20 27.03%
No I expect to be approached regardless of how attractive a man is and will never chase. 23 31.08%
It really depends on the guy 31 41.89%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 08:57 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,693,016 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife
prove it

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Disprove it.
That's kind of impossible because there is not right or wrong answer to that. It's not really yes or no but a lot of circumstances and different life experiences so at best its more of a agree to disagree rather that an absolute answer.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:06 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,619,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Yup women only approach certain guys.
And men only approach certain women.

Unless they want to get laid, then they'll approach every woman and hope one gives in.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:47 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,524,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife
prove it

That's kind of impossible because there is not right or wrong answer to that. It's not really yes or no but a lot of circumstances and different life experiences so at best its more of a agree to disagree rather that an absolute answer.
True.

Personally, I prefer men who have the confidence to go after what they want in life and that includes them having the confidence to go after the type of woman that they want. I prefer a man that want to wear the pants and be head of the household. I do not want a man who wants a woman to always have to be in control. I prefer traditional roles on my romantic relationships.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:51 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,276,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
And men only approach certain women.

Unless they want to get laid, then they'll approach every woman and hope one gives in.
Depends on the motives, you're right. A man who wants to get laid will approach a woman regardless. A woman who wants access to a man's wallet will be approachable.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:54 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,276,570 times
Quote:
True.

Personally, I prefer men who have the confidence to go after what they want in life and that includes them having the confidence to go after the type of woman that they want. I prefer a man that want to wear the pants and be head of the household. I do not want a man who wants a woman to always have to be in control. I prefer traditional roles on my romantic relationships.
Cool! I don't hear many women really want to be the ones who cook and clean (traditional roles) for their man while he is the head of the household (decision maker, etc.) .

Old 10-22-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
True.

That is fine if you are traditional nothing wrong with that.

But what with the extreme. I don't see how those other guys fall into want women to always be in control.
I pretty sure in most relationships even traditional ones there is just one spouse who is always the one in control with some exceptions. I might have taken out of context but I think even in traditional relationships are more egalitarian than people give them credit for.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:16 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,987,929 times
I wouldn't. It's just my style. If that meant I ended up alone then so be it. Thank goodness for cats and for channels in the 300s in that case.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:48 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,524,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
That is fine if you are traditional nothing wrong with that.

But what with the extreme. I don't see how those other guys fall into want women to always be in control.
I pretty sure in most relationships even traditional ones there is just one spouse who is always the one in control with some exceptions. I might have taken out of context but I think even in traditional relationships are more egalitarian than people give them credit for.

Basically, some men love it when women ask them out because then they don't have to do any "work". They already know that she likes him/thinks he's attractive/will have sex with him...even if he's not really into her. Most men are not going to turn down what basically amounts to potentially easy sex.

And also you did take my comments a bit out of context because my statement was not about "control" but about the dynamics of a relationship (which are established at the start of a relationship)

Old 10-22-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Basically, some men love it when women ask them out because then they don't have to do any "work". They already know that she likes him/thinks he's attractive/will have sex with him...even if he's not really into her. Most men are not going to turn down what basically amounts to potentially easy sex.

And also you did take my comments a bit out of context because my statement was not about "control" but about the dynamics of a relationship (which are established at the start of a relationship)
I think this is another agree to disagree.
If the attraction is mutual I don't think the word "work" does not really fit in my opinion.

Also I can't cosign to the dynamics of the relationship are established at the start. I mean if a woman asked me out and I accepted that suddenly means she the bread winner and leader. Sorry cali my brain cells can't process that right there. I don't see it that way but some people do makes no sense to me but the world would be boring if everybody followed the same script as long as we don't belittle others about it.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:59 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,298,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
It's 2012. Women will you approach a guy you find attractive?

Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships