Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2012, 09:46 AM

527 posts, read 1,232,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeclyde View Post
Yes. I'm Black. Bwahahahaaha

My Step-Brother is Puerto Rican and his wife is Japanese.
Still not understanding why you guys got stares from random white men though

Old 02-10-2012, 12:30 PM

69 posts, read 63,066 times
Quote:
My great grandmothers didn't trust white people very much (2 of 3 of my best friends are white, the other is mexican) and told me to always watch out.
and yet, you are doing the exact opposite. Go figure.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:32 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,238,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeclyde View Post
Yes. I'm Black. Bwahahahaaha

My Step-Brother is Puerto Rican and his wife is Japanese.
Yeah I had been following the infamous black vs African-American debate on the other forum and came across a post of yours which I happened to agree with. Not surprised about the reaction you got at the airport. Perhaps it could be that some of those guys were so accustomed to the Asian female/white male paradigm that they had a bit of trouble processing the sight of an Asian woman having anything to do with a black male, romantic or otherwise.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:16 PM

331 posts, read 735,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Yeah I had been following the infamous black vs African-American debate on the other forum and came across a post of yours which I happened to agree with. Not surprised about the reaction you got at the airport. Perhaps it could be that some of those guys were so accustomed to the Asian female/white male paradigm that they had a bit of trouble processing the sight of an Asian woman having anything to do with a black male, romantic or otherwise.
Strange...I'm out and about in LA very often with a Japanese-American lady, nobody bats an eyelid (I'm British-Indian).

Old 02-10-2012, 02:54 PM

410 posts, read 515,146 times
When I went out with a white male, it was very uncomfortable between me and his family. I felt a distance, like an eerie silence all the time. They never made an effort to get to know who I was and never did make me a part of the family. Well there were alot of problems with the relationship over eight years and I'm quite glad that my ex left me for another female.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:20 PM

541 posts, read 941,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Sattar View Post
When I went out with a white male, it was very uncomfortable between me and his family. I felt a distance, like an eerie silence all the time. They never made an effort to get to know who I was and never did make me a part of the family. Well there were alot of problems with the relationship over eight years and I'm quite glad that my ex left me for another female.
why was it uncomfortable the fact that you are not white??? i guess they are stuck in a bubble. and that sucks it didnt work out with him.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:22 PM

331 posts, read 735,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Sattar View Post
A very good Indian friend of mine is marrying a white British guy, and there's never been any problems regarding race. They both went to India with their mothers for pre-wedding shopping and nobody had any issues.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:39 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
The funniest part about these interracial dating/marriage posts is that people say the most ridiculous things. My favorite is when they start trying to talk about "culture". Like "Oh, I wouldnt date a black guy because our cultures are so different". But yet, that same person would totally date a dude from Paris or a dude from Sicily, even though their cultures are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more different than the black dude (who grew up in her town/city and went to the same schools that she did) she already turned down. That is the funniest part to me. People's stupidity/ignorance/whatever else you want to call it.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:50 PM

410 posts, read 515,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBodyUK View Post
A very good Indian friend of mine is marrying a white British guy, and there's never been any problems regarding race. They both went to India with their mothers for pre-wedding shopping and nobody had any issues.
I'm really glad it worked out for them.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:39 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,238,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBodyUK View Post
Strange...I'm out and about in LA very often with a Japanese-American lady, nobody bats an eyelid (I'm British-Indian).
The fact that you are of Indian descent makes for a relatively non-controversial pairing vis-a-vis an East Asian woman. Quite honestly, due to this country's peculiar racial dynamics and in particular its history with blacks, you might find that, in general, IR dating really only becomes an "issue" when a black person is involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships