Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 06:02 PM

3,295 posts, read 7,016,713 times

Advertisements

Everything can be spun as gay these days by the most trivial of associations.

If for instance, it were be to noted say, that women eat apples on average a bit more than men do, and apples were slightly more likely to appear being held in the hand of a woman in an advertisement for apples than in a man's, then pretty soon eating apples will be considered gay and the average Joe sixpack will have to pull out his granny smith or red delicious out of his brown bag at the office and start munching away in the few minutes when no one else is looking for fear of taking a status hit to his manliness.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:03 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
What do women think of of men who keep fish/aquariums? I'm more of a fish person than a cat or dog person, a bit like Charles Grodin's character in Beethoven lol.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:05 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,880 times
Sorry but that's one of the silliest, most pedantic things I've ever seen.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:09 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbler. View Post
Everything can be spun as gay these days by the most trivial of associations.

If for instance, it were be to noted say, that women eat apples on average a bit more than men do, and apples were slightly more likely to appear being held in the hand of a woman in an advertisement for apples than in a man's, then pretty soon eating apples will be considered gay and the average Joe sixpack will have to pull out his granny smith or red delicious out of his brown bag at the office and start munching away in the few minutes when no one else is looking for fear of taking a status hit to his manliness.
What about the finger length thing. That if your index finger or longer or the same length than your ring finger you're more likely to be gay because that's a more typical feminine trait? Well mine are, and I like women. Why is it all one way, anyway? Why aren't more women being accused of being lesbian/gay too?

Oh that's right, because it's encouraged...

Old 01-26-2012, 06:10 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
I think you either think too much, or maybe not enough. Can't make up my mind which. What does owning a cat have to do with a persons sexual preference? Are you completely missing something upstairs, or is it just me? Talk about turn off's...whew!
Took the words right out of my mouth!

Old 01-26-2012, 06:16 PM

3,295 posts, read 7,016,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I made the observation that cats are associated with single people (because they can take after themselves, can live in apartments), and dogs with families. Maybe that's why cats are associated with both lesbians and gay men? They like to go their own way to while dogs are pack animals.
Interesting thought!

Then again, domestic dogs as kept by humans rarely roam in "packs", right? And dogs are seen as more subservient to their masters than cats.

And also solitude can also be associated with manliness and ruggedness, right.

The lion is "king of the jungle" and it's one of the few members of the cat family that's a pack (err... pride) animal.

Okay, that's getting a bit off topic.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:16 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
I think you either think too much, or maybe not enough. Can't make up my mind which. What does owning a cat have to do with a persons sexual preference? Are you completely missing something upstairs, or is it just me? Talk about turn off's...whew!
Cats seem more feminine to me, and I've seen very few men keep them as pets unless they have a wife or girlfriend. But a single guy with a cat screams gay. Maybe I am wrong about him but when I saw him holding his cat it was a confirmation that he was not straight

Old 01-26-2012, 06:20 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Cats seem more feminine to me, and I've seen very few men keep them as pets unless they have a wife or girlfriend. But a single guy with a cat screams gay. Maybe I am wrong about him but when I saw him holding his cat it was a confirmation that he was not straight
That's a funny assumption.

I guess I shouldn't let my husband hold our cats...it might turn him gay
(oh, and it was his idea to get a cat, not mine)

Some people like cats as pets because they are more self-sufficient and great for someone that works long hours. They still get to have a pet/companion without having to worry about the animals well-being while they are at work.

Makes sense, huh?

Old 01-26-2012, 06:21 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Is it common for straight men to own cats as a pet?

Alot of straight men like p*ssy.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:21 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships