Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 04:51 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
He comes across as less masculine to me. There was a guy I liked, but when I saw that he had a cat as a pet it just turned me off. I wondered if maybe he was gay..

Geez what a nutty thing to think LOL. Being gay or straight has nothing to do with the kind of pet people own. You may very well have missed out on a great relationship.

I have a Brother who loves cats and owned some. He is a wonderful straight man married to a woman and a wonderful Father. Good thing for them that his now wife of 25 years didn't think the way you do.

Old 02-04-2012, 04:58 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
ok but does that mean if there were more single guys, they would all be gay? That is the point of this thread, just because it isnt/is common, doesnt mean that single guys who have cats are gay.

Exactly it's not how many men we know who have cats for pets it's the assumption that male cat owners are gay. Although I do think it's more common for men to own cats today than it was years ago.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:26 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
I take that back,because it is comforting to me to have my cats sleep at the edge of the bed.
I'm talking about people who have the cat sleep on a pillow right next to them...yeah that's a little too far.
A peck on the cheek from the cat is fine. I'm talking about like kissing in the mouth,because we have to rememeber cats can carry Aids and worms,even though its so rare and I'm not too sure if it can be transmitted to humans.

I actually wished past boyfriends liked cats,but they didn't. I actually had one that threw my cat against the wall. Was mean to my cat all the time when he got mad. As it turned out,he also became abusive to me as the relationship progressed.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:21 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I take that back,because it is comforting to me to have my cats sleep at the edge of the bed.
I'm talking about people who have the cat sleep on a pillow right next to them...yeah that's a little too far.
A peck on the cheek from the cat is fine. I'm talking about like kissing in the mouth,because we have to rememeber cats can carry Aids and worms,even though its so rare and I'm not too sure if it can be transmitted to humans.

I actually wished past boyfriends liked cats,but they didn't. I actually had one that threw my cat against the wall. Was mean to my cat all the time when he got mad. As it turned out,he also became abusive to me as the relationship progressed.
How did the relationship get a chance to progress AT ALL after he threw your cat against the wall? For me, it would have ended at the moment. He would have been gone within minutes, possibly with injuries.

Old 02-05-2012, 06:26 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
The op is obviously....a nutter. We really let this go on for 42 pages? I only read 3 of them and felt my IQ dropping. On a side note - please no more crazy dog obsessed women.... it's really getting out of hand.

Old 02-05-2012, 12:22 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
How did the relationship get a chance to progress AT ALL after he threw your cat against the wall? For me, it would have ended at the moment. He would have been gone within minutes, possibly with injuries.
I don't know,but I needed him financially at that

Old 02-05-2012, 12:40 PM

391 posts, read 688,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I would have thrown him out the door immediately.

Aggression towards your pet and you is unacceptable behavior.
I hope this nutcase is out of your life.

Old 02-06-2012, 02:50 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,234,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Nothing worse than waking up to a cat's puckered azzhole in your face, is there.

Most cats like to sleep on the bed with their people. I don't see how that's gross. I don't eat out of my cats' bowls, though, and they don't eat off of my dishes.
Yup..mine sleeps on the bed by my feet. Sometimes she crawls up beside me but NEVER on or at the pillow. Cats are cleaner than dogs but at the same time, I don't like my cat or dog licking my face. I know where that tongue has been lol

Old 02-09-2012, 11:04 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,197,532 times
Not unless that cat is Garfield.

But seriously, house cats are a bit more intelligent than dogs. They make for better pets for people who are not at home most of the time. I would own a cat myself. However, I must admit to labeling pets to certain characteristics of humanity. For example: Guinea Pigs being associated with nerds and people who have a love for science. I'm not even sure if this even a well-known pet stereotype like cats are effeminate/feminine and big dogs are manly, but in movies I seen featuring a guinea pig/lab rodent, the owner is bit nerdy or some science fanatic.

Last edited by Chicagoland60426; 02-09-2012 at 11:14 PM..

Old 02-09-2012, 11:12 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,257,378 times
mmmmmm..... My male causins grew up with pack of the cats and they had cats as bachelors and now they are married with kids. Maybe cat people meet other cat people? Like girls who like cats want to rather have a boyfriend with cats than with dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships