Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2012, 08:26 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Heck no! That reminded me when I was about 13. I liked this girl at an art school I was attending after school. She was about 16. A guy older then I about 19 noticed I liked this girl. He told me to go ahead and ask her out. I told him she was bigger than me and 16. He replied "You are not going to carry her, so what is the problem?" I asked her out and she accepted, since then I never was afraid of girls bigger or older than I. Take care.
I can see that! While there are some bigger woman that can't find a date that are some that have a full dating card. A close friend of mine who I go pub hopping with always has a date and they're not ugly men. She has a really cute face and a great personality so I can see why.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:57 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Read a few posts further. I followed up.

It's not about eating... but more about carelessness. A person who is careless enough to avoid going to the dentist every 6 months probably has other careless tendencies regarding health.

It's more of an ideal scenario. I don't ask for dental records. But if later down the road while dating, it comes up... that is of concern. Unless she has a valid excuse like she was in an accident or something. But a cavity getting so bad that one needs a root canal is typically an indication of not visiting a dentist regularly. Especially in her 20s.
Access to dental insurance isn't exactly readily available even to many employed people, and paying out of pocket is prohibitive.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:20 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Access to dental insurance isn't exactly readily available even to many employed people, and paying out of pocket is prohibitive.
I don't have dental insurance myself. But I still go to the dentist (which is obvious since I have a computer and internet).

Old 01-29-2012, 10:38 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Oh, this is a beaut. I would love to see the research where this half baked theory came from. Can you provide a link to substaniate these claims?
Really?
Paul Reuben,the Gibson Girl.
The Romans. All throughout history.

In Victorian times,they wore garments to constrict the waist and puffed out the hips.

To be honestxthe only thing that I see that has been consistant regarding female beuaty is the waist hip ratio of O.7,which you can have at 130 pounds or 300 pounds.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:22 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I don't have dental insurance myself. But I still go to the dentist (which is obvious since I have a computer and internet).
Enlighten me, what does having dental insurace have to do with having a computer and the internet?

Old 01-29-2012, 11:30 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Really?
Paul Reuben,the Gibson Girl.
The Romans. All throughout history.

In Victorian times,they wore garments to constrict the waist and puffed out the hips.

To be honestxthe only thing that I see that has been consistant regarding female beuaty is the waist hip ratio of O.7,which you can have at 130 pounds or 300 pounds.
They wore corsettes to cinch the waist smaller - just like spanx today. I went to art school and many people have a misconeption about women from the era you are talking about due to art. Go to a museum and you won't find a skinny chick in a painting and it wasn't because there weren't any, it's just the larger form gave artists more dimension to work with. Hence, the public of today thinks all women of those eras were large and in charge.

So, where's the evident assertions about Africa. Last I checked they come is all shapes and sizes and certainly don't use waist cinchers. You tend to rattle on about the middle east and Africa and other countries you really know little about.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Enlighten me, what does having dental insurace have to do with having a computer and the internet?
I have a personal belief that you put health above unnecessary expenditures. But this is all offtopic.

I think the topic was nailed by the individuals that indicated that less men in general are attracted to bigger women. However, there's plenty that are... just gotta find them.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:00 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
They wore corsettes to cinch the waist smaller - just like spanx today. I went to art school and many people have a misconeption about women from the era you are talking about due to art. Go to a museum and you won't find a skinny chick in a painting and it wasn't because there weren't any, it's just the larger form gave artists more dimension to work with. Hence, the public of today thinks all women of those eras were large and in charge.

So, where's the evident assertions about Africa. Last I checked they come is all shapes and sizes and certainly don't use waist cinchers. You tend to rattle on about the middle east and Africa and other countries you really know little about.
Spanx doesn't cinch the waist,it holds you in.

Look up Madegascar and you would see they fatten the women up over there so they ccan become more appealing to men.
If you hadn't noticed,African american men tend to like bigger women.
Why? Idk,but I suspect it may be cultural.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Spanx doesn't cinch the waist,it holds you in.

Look up Madegascar and you would see they fatten the women up over there so they ccan become more appealing to men.
Let's be honest here. When men were interested in bigger women way back then... it was a "chubby" girl. Now big has gotten grossly big and that's not what men were after.

Either way, however, extra weight generally has weight implications and I, along with my slight OCD, find that unattractive.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:32 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,307,651 times
Quote:
uhh no, that's just another stereotype.

a bigger women does not equal a feminine woman,

femininity....now that's something that all men like in a woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships