Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2012, 03:52 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,308,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
Cougars are "empowered" so according to women, that is good.

A man over 25, looking for younger women is acknowledging that the field his age has been well picked over. After all, men average a few years older than their wives. According to women, this is bad.
In reality the term "empowered woman" hold's no weight, and it's more indicative of a woman's shortfalls trying to compensate if anything.

According to women who buy into this logic it's "bad", but as a man your simply fulfilling your biological needs. Culturally in the west, younger women go for older men, vice versa. Sure this isn't always the case and there are exceptions.

By this logic a man should be fine with trying to procreate with Joan Rivers and we all know how that would turn out .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 09:38 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,733 times
Default I agree with the historical part...

...My wife is 10 years younger- and already..she is fading - quicker by nature than a male...so what am I supposed to do? Give up on love and life and the joy of sex - because my mate has reacher her expirey date?

Oleg,

I know that is pretty much how it was in my extended family background too. The man was usually considerably older than the woman and it wasn't considered weird. I have a question for you regarding "women expire faster near the end (of life) than men". I tend to see older women looking much better and being in better health overall than men their age. Single elderly women (mostly widowed or divorced) go on cruises, tours, mountain hiking, and travel all over the world in travel groups or alone. It's rare to see a single elderly man (widower or divorced) doing these things. I always thought this was due to men aging much worse than women and often being too sick or afflicted with ailments to enjoy an active life like elderly women do. Was your comment more about the natural sexual desire in women leaving them much earlier in life than it does men as the genders age?

Old 08-27-2013, 07:52 AM

9 posts, read 20,937 times
although before I would have said no...too old, too young...I have changed my mind because of first hand experience with a family member...a mildly learning disabled young man who is now 24 and a girl he first met when she was in middle school who is now 17...they have mutually agreed to wait until she is 18 to possibly date...for now just calls and texting to get to know each other better..recognizing that it is important to be friends first. He is sweet and caring...very respectful of women...she seems sweet and very family oriented...they are finding out they share many interests and values. Yes, he does have a job, and yes she is finishing high school this year. Both of them still live at home...and both of them have have had some bad experiences with past dating of people their age. I now think it depends on the situation...love and caring are so important, and if 2 people find each other (of legal age, that is), then I think it's worth a try...if it doesn't work out, still they've had a nice experience

...so my 2 cents worth on this is: usually not, but it depends on the individuals..hopefully at 18 and 25, these kids (I can say that, i'm in my 60's)...have been raised with the right values and can have a great life together....

Old 08-27-2013, 04:27 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,814,788 times
When I was 18/19 I was attracted to 18/19 year old girls.

I'm 24 now and I had to go to Target earlier this week during the week where all the college freshman were buying furniture and stuff with their roommates and the general attitude/vibe of the place was sexually depressing, not sexually stimulating. Brought back a lot of memories though.

Old 08-27-2013, 04:33 PM

211 posts, read 373,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomRep View Post
Thoughts? Yay or nay?

Was having an interesting convo with my friends the other day and they didn't seem to have a problem with it. I'm indifferent towards the whole thing, I'm on the fence to be honest, not sure if I could do it or not. One of my boys is 26, and he's seeing a 19 year old...she looks mature enough but I'm not sure. She's not old enough to drink.
If shes older than 18, than yay. I mean being in a relationship with girls that young wont work out unless hes way immature, but its good for short term dating.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:57 AM

Default drinking criteria for maturity?

Quote:
Thoughts? Yay or nay?

Was having an interesting convo with my friends the other day and they didn't seem to have a problem with it. I'm indifferent towards the whole thing, I'm on the fence to be honest, not sure if I could do it or not. One of my boys is 26, and he's seeing a 19 year old...she looks mature enough but I'm not sure. She's not old enough to drink.

hmmm...I think if drinking together is important for a long term relationship, then, by all means avoid women under 21..and older women who choose not to drink...but if other things in common can be shared is important..then, I believe it is important to judge by the individual...I know many way over 21 years olds who act immaturely...

Old 08-28-2013, 07:07 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Thoughts? Yay or nay?

18 , 21 makes no difference; she's a legal hit.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:11 AM

Default target not a sexually stimulating place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
When I was 18/19 I was attracted to 18/19 year old girls.

I'm 24 now and I had to go to Target earlier this week during the week where all the college freshman were buying furniture and stuff with their roommates and the general attitude/vibe of the place was sexually depressing, not sexually stimulating. Brought back a lot of memories though.

...I never realized Target shoppers should try harder to be sexually stimulating...although sex is a compelling fact of our human condition, it not the only consideration...just to make a point, though...how sexually stimulating do most women think groups of men of all ages that engage in gender jokes, suggestive comments, and leering at passing women are?..maybe they should try harder to be sexually stimulating and not so sexually depressing?...As I read these posts, I am becoming more and more convinced that 18+ dating is so varied that it is impossible to make judgments without "walking in their shoes." To each his/her own (unless boundaries are being violated).

Old 08-28-2013, 07:16 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukelukeluke View Post
...I never realized Target shoppers should try harder to be sexually stimulating...although sex is a compelling fact of our human condition, it not the only consideration...just to make a point, though...how sexually stimulating do most women think groups of men of all ages that engage in gender jokes, suggestive comments, and leering at passing women are?..maybe they should try harder to be sexually stimulating and not so sexually depressing?...As I read these posts, I am becoming more and more convinced that 18+ dating is so varied that it is impossible to make judgments without "walking in their shoes." To each his/her own (unless boundaries are being violated).
I think his point was that dating someone who just finished high school and heading to college in a week wasn't a turn-on for him, age-wise...

Old 08-28-2013, 07:29 AM

Default Target conclusion?

I did understand his point...to clarify my point: perception of maturity can be situation specific...not a real indicator of the individual's maturity level....I think more than one interaction should be experienced before any valid decision can be reached...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships