Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2013, 09:38 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
Trust me, you did not. Society and the media will have you believe you can compete with 22 year olds well into your thirties in the looks department. Reality, not anecdotal examples, tell a much different and harsher reality
Well, out in the real world, women in their 30s aren't competing with 22 year olds for anything, and while a 22 year old might turn some heads. I don't see men in their 30s clamoring to be in relationships with them. It's the exception, not the norm, that men are with women 10-15 years younger than they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 09:38 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,478,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10th Man Down View Post
Yeah, I get that one a lot. When in college it was pretty easy to detect the 18 year from the 28 year old. First of, I didn't see any wrinkles on the 18 year old. The skin, the physical features, everything was top notch on the 18 year old woman. 28? Its pretty easy to see who is mid-20's up. Now, its a different matter to distinguish a 17 year old from a 20 year old woman ,but as she reaches her early 20's, she begins to look more and more what she'll look in her late 20's.

There's also a whole lot of different behaviors. 18 year old, if she's not sexually experienced, she will not approach the Alpha male regardless of how attracted she is to him. She'll ''throw'' hints and will bait him, but she won't pursue him. mid and late 20's women have left the Alpha life stage behind them and are looking for a smart, dependable future provider. Don't be that sucker. Be the guy who has the looks or the $ to bang hot, young women who won't bother you with their drama and with their baby rabies(older women).
I know of few women who have wrinkles at 28 unless they are crackheads..

Old 11-15-2013, 09:39 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Women, and men like yourself, want desperately to believe that looks are only a small part of how a woman is judged for mate potential. People like you even believe that a woman's looks and her ability to attract a higher value man stay with her forrrreeeevvvvverrr and don't deteriorate with time and more drastically after "the wall" which is slightly past 30 on average. I feel bad for you guys eating up this feminine imperative.

It isn't eating anything up, I just don't think like this. I never have. This isn't a business proposition or a cost benefit analysis.

Dating is really damn simple->

Do I find them attractive (physical looks/temperament/body language/lots of intangibles) - check
Do I have fun with them - check
Do we communicate well/healthily - check
Do our lifestyles mesh (life priorities, general schedule, energy levels) - check
Do we have some shared interests - check
The most important:
Is the chemistry there - check

So, are looks important, sure, especially for the first step (the approach), never claimed otherwise, and damn, I wish I had the time/money/charisma/energy to date all the smoking hot 30 and 40 somethings I meet. Some of the women in my crossfit class are pure lookers. That would be amazing, but I don't.

That's it. No levels. No walls. No analysis. It's really freaking simple. I'm 42. Most women I've been interested in romantically over the pas several years have been 2-4 years older, a couple 2-4 years younger. These are the people I feel drawn to. I've dated a few younger but we aren't at the same place and didn't mesh well culturally.

As an aside, they're too young for me, but a good looking 28 yo would slay a good looking 18 yo in looks. Most 18 yo olds don't work out seriously like good looking 28 yo olds. They don't have the muscle tone of an adult woman.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:46 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,193,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
We're talking about women in their mid to late 20s here vs. teens, not thirties vs. 22 years old. Trust ME, I did look basically the same at 18 and my mid-twenties, especially without makeup. My body was exactly the same, if not better in my mid-20s. In my 20s, I definitely didn't worry about teen competition. Now at 38, I still really don't worry about it. I don't care, really. I'm happy with the way that I look at my age...
So we see people here, self righteous males and females alike saying dating younger women is immature. A typical shaming tactic. Yet we have no issue with women partying all through 20s and trying to settle down at 28 / 30.

Do you see the hypocrisy?

Only date your own age or close to it men, then when the women are done partying and banging hot guys, settle down with her at 30ish when she realizes her ability to settle down with someone she really wants is fading. Man up, do the right thing.

Or, as men begin to realize how much more attractive we are as we age, date younger women and settle with one who is in her early 20s leveraging her beauty and not being ran through by every hot guy she ever desired. Oh no no no, that just won't do. You're immature and insecure for denying a woman her ability to have her cake and eat it too in that 30 year old who wants to lock you down after she's had her fun with half the city.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
That's mainly a troll you're arguing with. I noticed the join date and the amount of post. It seems that lately they're multiplying on this date and probably aren't no where near the so called ''Alpha level'' which is a term used either in HS or to animals. In a human, the word that should be use is assertive.
This post is against the T&Cs. FYI, never used the term alpha level

Old 11-15-2013, 09:50 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
So we see people here, self righteous males and females alike saying dating younger women is immature. A typical shaming tactic. Yet we have no issue with women partying all through 20s and trying to settle down at 28 / 30.

Do you see the hypocrisy?

Only date your own age or close to it men, then when the women are done partying and banging hot guys, settle down with her at 30ish when she realizes her ability to settle down with someone she really wants is fading. Man up, do the right thing.

Or, as men begin to realize how much more attractive we are as we age, date younger women and settle with one who is in her early 20s leveraging her beauty and not being ran through by every hot guy she ever desired. Oh no no no, that just won't do. You're immature and insecure for denying a woman her ability to have her cake and eat it too in that 30 year old who wants to lock you down after she's had her fun with half the city.

Where is the hypocrisy? Both men and women typically party in their 20s. There is no difference there. You both have shared experiences and similar life histories.

Do you want some type of double standard? Where it is ok for a man to party through his 20s but not a woman?

That would be hypocrisy.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Where is the hypocrisy? Both men and women typically party in their 20s. There is no difference there. You both have shared experiences and similar life histories.

Do you want some type of double standard? Where it is ok for a man to party through his 20s but not a woman?

That would be hypocrisy.
You beat me to it. Young people, not fully matured yet and still figuring out where they're heading in life, are out having fun, living it up as singles with no responsibilities, finishing education, finding jobs. That's what your early 20s is for! Into your late 20s is when you're at the life stage of thinking about settling down. It has nothing to do with being "used up" and "walls" and "looks fading".

Old 11-15-2013, 09:56 AM

255 posts, read 373,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
That's mainly a troll you're arguing with. I noticed the join date and the amount of post. It seems that lately they're multiplying on this date and probably aren't no where near the so called ''Alpha level'' which is a term used either in HS or to animals. In a human, the word that should be use is assertive.
Yep, when you don't agree with the current belief system on a blog: you're a troll. Assertive? I don't see anything assertive in the men who have women flocking to them. They don't need to. They're Alpha. Alpha, the man who is physically superior to other men i.e, the men women want to sleep with.

Quote:
You beat me to it. Young people, not fully matured yet and still figuring out where they're heading in life, are out having fun, living it up as singles with no responsibilities, finishing education, finding jobs. That's what your early 20s is for! Into your late 20s is when you're at the life stage of thinking about settling down. It has nothing to do with being "used up" and "walls" and "looks fading".
Young women can find out what they want, they can party up and expect some guy later on to be fine with it. But most guys can't party up. Get it? I swear, people here either have selective understanding or are a little bit blind.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

That would be hypocrisy.
Never said such a thing. Only saying it is hypocritical to applaud women partying and then finally settling with a poor sap to be her provider and then turning around and shaming men who realize their attractiveness and refuse to fullfill the 30 year olds hypergamic plan deployed at the latest possible moment

Old 11-15-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10th Man Down View Post
Yep, when you don't agree with the current belief system on a blog: you're a troll. Assertive? I don't see anything assertive in the men who have women flocking to them. They don't need to. They're Alpha. Alpha, the man who is physically superior to other men i.e, the men women want to sleep with.

Young women can find out what they want, they can party up and expect some guy later on to be fine with it. But most guys can't party up. Get it? I swear, people here either have selective understanding or are a little bit blind.
No, I don't "get it". What is this nonsense of "Most guys can't party up"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships