Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2013, 10:28 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
No. Timber himself posted that it is immature to date younger women. That is general shaming.
No it's not, it's one person with an opinion. If that's enough to shame you, you're way too fragile to function in this world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 10:28 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
No. Timber himself posted that it is immature to date younger women. That is general shaming.

That the person is immature. If you're going to date an immature person, it only makes reasonable sense that the person doing so is immature themselves. If one person is significantly more mature than the other they wouldn't have a healthy relationship as there would be a imbalance; they wouldn't be equals (which is pretty necessary for healthy relationships). And in general, a late 20s person is gong to be significantly more mature than a 18-20 yo. There are precocious 18-20 yos and immature late 20s people though. Pretty obvious stuff. Hard to debate that.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
When you see it play out over and over it starts to make sense

I've not seen this as I've said before. Maybe it is a regional thing.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:30 AM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,776 times
Quote:
Never went down that road. I only touched on the shaming used on guys who don't follow the female imperative.
Well if you aren't into that lifestyle that's a difference. All I'm saying if we too get tired of those leftovers looking for us and then shame the females that do the same thing they did (even the very same women they had fun with in the past).

Old 11-15-2013, 10:35 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
No it's not, it's one person with an opinion. If that's enough to shame you, you're way too fragile to function in this world.
Ouch he's trying to attack me. Owwww.

My gf is one year apart from me so it would hardly affect me. Anyways, its not just one persons opinion, that is a pretty common utterance about men with younger women. That or they're insecure or a number of other interchangable defamatory terms.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:39 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,562 times
Older guys have gone for younger women since the dawn of our species and will continue to do so until we go extinct. No amount of PC pearl clutching will change that.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Older guys have gone for younger women since the dawn of our species and will continue to do so until we go extinct. No amount of PC pearl clutching will change that.

No one is denying that, but the reasons behind it are worthy of exploration, and they have changed some over the years (with others remaining stable).

Old 11-15-2013, 10:47 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
Quote:
No woman in 2013 will admit they want a provider. Calling men immature for dating a younger woman is a shaming tactic no matter how you look at. It is designed to make him, and others reading it, feel bad about dating a younger woman because doing so does not fit the female sexual strategy
I've never wanted a provider. There are many women who are not looking for providers. Courtesy of my independent divorcee mom, I grew up not looking to men to "take care of me." Men can date whomever they choose. Heck, I dated older men when I was in my 20s and it's not because I wanted a provider, but it's because we had commonalities. However, I see few commonalities with women in their TEENS and men in their late 20s and up.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:50 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I've never wanted a provider. There are many women who are not looking for providers. Courtesy of my independent divorcee mom, I grew up not looking to men to "take care of me." Men can date whomever they choose. Heck, I dated older men when I was in my 20s and it's not because I wanted a provider, but it's because we had commonalities. However, I see few commonalities with women in their TEENS and men in their late 20s and up.
"independent divorcee." Funny how these two words work so well together these days

Old 11-15-2013, 10:53 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Ouch he's trying to attack me. Owwww.

My gf is one year apart from me so it would hardly affect me. Anyways, its not just one persons opinion, that is a pretty common utterance about men with younger women. That or they're insecure or a number of other interchangable defamatory terms.
It was an "if/then" statement. As in, if the shoe fits, wear it. If not, don't. But the way you completely missed that part while lashing out against it gives away that you are in fact deeply insecure about your stance on the issue for some reason or another. Which is bizarre because men have been chasing women younger than them for as long as there have been men and women on this Earth. Most men are older than their respective SO's, no?

But if a man habitually reaches down to an age group for companionship that is typically at a significantly lower maturity level, then yes it's safe to assume he's likely a manboy and maybe could stand to be shamed into growing up just a little. But that's a different proposition than a 25-year-old just happening to find a 19-year-old who is wise beyond her years.

25-year-old men are still allowed to act like the post-adolescent idiots that many of them are, just as their female counterparts are too. In fact, it's tolerated in these modern times more so than it ever has been thanks to delayed adulthood. Even so, society is only willing to tolerate a certain level of immaturity from its near-men who need to start lurching more toward manhood and reaching back less toward boyhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships