Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 08:47 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, I kind of noticed how the guy was the "jerk", maybe he just doesn't want to be in a serious relationship with the OP. I dont see what makes him so bad for not wanting to be with somone who, in his opinion dresses "too sexy".

Maybe he could have handled it a little better. But really, how do you tell someone, that they think that they look like a hoochie.

No offense to the OP.

That would require some serious tact on his part, I'm not even sure where someone would start with that topic.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:48 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
After reviewing the profile I can see the guy being a jerk for dumping her if he was one of the Dukes of Hazard... I'll go out on a limb here and say he was being kind with his words when he said 'sexy' he really meant 'skanky.' There's a difference.
I looked at the profile pics as well, and I was actually gonna say, "Well you don't dress that poorly"... until I moved to the 'Halloween 2010' folder. Yikes!

Old 01-27-2012, 08:51 PM

61,722 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
I think you need to add WHERE to the HOW in order to put it in true perspective.
You read my mind, because that was going to be my next question...

Old 01-27-2012, 09:03 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
There is something that makes me curious:

1. How were you dressed when you FIRST met? ( because I see there IS a difference)
2. How were you dressed the last time you went out with him? ( possible picture?)
3. How were you dressed on dates (with him) in between??
4. How many times you went out with him.
Quote:
I think you need to add WHERE to the HOW in order to put it in true perspective.
Quote:
You read my mind, because that was going to be my next question...
Well let's consider her profile pics in more detail. One was taken at TGI Friday's. One was taken at a video arcade with her son. This is how she dresses in "family-friendly" settings. Then there's the Halloween pictures where she's basically wearing lingerie and literally has half her bare ass showing while out at a public bar. If her "outfit" were half a square inch smaller, she'd have been arrested. Opinions vary of course, but it's pretty clear to me the OP has little sense of propriety. Lots of people are ragging on the guy she went out with, but I can't blame him for taking a pass.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:12 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCurlybelle View Post
He sounds like an insecure, controlling douchebag- NEXT !!!!!!!!!

His loss.
How is he a controlling douche? He didn't ask or demand she change how she dresses. He told the truth about why he didn't want to see her anymore. For all the women on here who complain about men being liars, along comes one who tells the truth and now he's a douche and a loser? The truth is like the rain, it doesn't care who it falls on. Could he have been a little more delicate or PC, maybe, but then he probably wouldn't have been completely honest either.

It's obviously not his loss either since he's not the one posting about it on a public forum wondering what went wrong.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:15 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
How is he a controlling douche? He didn't ask or demand she change how she dresses. He told the truth about why he didn't want to see her anymore. For all the women on here who complain about men being liars, along comes one who tells the truth and now he's a douche and a loser? The truth is like the rain, it doesn't care who it falls on. Could he have been a little more delicate or PC, maybe, but then he probably wouldn't have been completely honest either.

It's obviously not his loss either since he's not the one posting about it on a public forum wondering what went wrong.
You nailed it man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-27-2012, 09:16 PM

61,722 posts, read 87,123,005 times
I have to agree - a mother of now 11 year old son, should slowly settle down and show some class. She could still show off her great body, but let the guys guess a bit about it. A woman can look sexy and desirable, without looking cheap.
Now lets imagine: you have a date with a girl, you want to take her out to a nice restaurant, you look professional-casual... and you girl - hmmm... just like that. Are you still going to take her out to that restaurant?

Old 01-27-2012, 09:16 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post

Old 01-27-2012, 09:18 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Quote:
I have to agree - a mother of now 11 year old son, should slowly settle down and show some class. She could still show off her great body, but let the guys guess a bit about it. A woman can look sexy and desirable, without looking cheap.
Now lets imagine: you have a date with a girl, you want to take her out to a nice restaurant, you look professional-casual... and you girl - hmmm... just like that. Are you still going to take her to that restaurant?
Are those her eleven year old's shirts?

Old 01-27-2012, 09:23 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Now lets imagine: you have a date with a girl, you want to take her out to a nice restaurant, you look professional-casual... and you girl - hmmm... just like that. Are you still going to take her out to that restaurant?
Yes...

Don't know why people make such a big deal out of what kind of cloth one chooses to cover themselves with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships