Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 04:36 PM

27 posts, read 76,761 times

Advertisements

I am a black American woman, but I've never really felt compelled (until now) to ask a few black American guys on City Data, why they have such a low opinion of black American women? It's very odd that many black American guys put down black American women, without acknowledging that people are people. You have good and bad, rich and poor and everything in between. Given all of the stereotypes that black American guys face, it just seems strange that so many are quick to use stereotypes to describe black American women. Especially since, black American women are out achieving black American men in record numbers.

Last edited by Alexandria2000; 01-28-2012 at 05:21 PM..

Old 01-28-2012, 05:15 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria2000 View Post
I am a black American woman, but I've never really felt compelled (until now) to ask a few black American guys on City Data, why they have such a low opinion of black American women? It's very odd that many black American guys put down black American women, without acknowledging that people are people. You have good and bad, rich and poor and everything in between. Given all of the stereotypes that black American guys face, it just seems strange that so many are quick to use stereotypes to describe black American women. Especially since, black American women are out achieving black American men in record numbers.

I am hoping that we can discuss this in an intelligent manner, without resorting to petty arguments.

Jealousy

Old 01-28-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Jealousy
So you believe that some black men are jealous? Please explain.

I visited one online site and it was filled with black guys putting down black women. It was strange because so many of them were using racial stereotypes. I was thinking to myself that there was no difference between them and certain non blacks who use the same stereotypes. It was so odd because you would think black guys who face a lot of negative stereotypes, would simply know better. Apparently not.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:46 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Quote:
I know!!! Isn`t it awful how the "black" american women is treated?
Give me a break!!!!

Old 01-28-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I know!!! Isn`t it awful how the "black" american women is treated?
Give me a break!!!!
Excuse me but I am specifically referring to the comments made about black American women, by black American men on this forum. I have read countless threads about various topics and whenever the issue concerns a black woman, specifically an American black woman, inevitably, someone will throw out a lot of crazy stereotypes. I am asking the black guys who are quick to use stereotypes about black women, why do they engage in this type of behavior?

Old 01-28-2012, 06:00 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Excuse me but I am specifically referring to the comments made about black American women, by black American men on this forum. I have read countless threads about various topics and whenever the issue concerns a black woman, specifically an American black woman, inevitably, someone will throw out a lot of crazy stereotypes. I am asking the black guys who are quick to use stereotypes about black women, why do they engage in this type of behavior?
As a black guy, I see a c^(*load of those stereotypes being acted out every day. I know not every black women adheres to those but a lot of those stereotypes are being acted out by select numbers of black women.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:03 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,708,177 times
I honestly think alot of black men have some type of inbred hatred for their own women. Its hard to explain but I see it everyday.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:06 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Quote:
Excuse me...but there is white American opinion , along with black American opinion in this thread as well. This is just NOT a black American thread going on....sorry MRS. ALEXANDRIA 2000.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:06 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,601,893 times
As a caucasian male, i cant tell you first hand, but I did notice a major barrier and divide between AA men and AA women. I dont now why it is or how it came about, just find it somewhat unnatural and sort of odd.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
As a black guy, I see a c^(*load of those stereotypes being acted out every day. I know not every black women adheres to those but a lot of those stereotypes are being acted out by select numbers of black women.
Ok, and you don't understand that it's class based? That's like me complaining about black guys, without realizing the class differentials. Why are some black guys so quick to act as though all black women behave the same way? You act as though middle class and upper income black women behave like Shaniqua from the hood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships