Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 07:41 AM

19,045 posts, read 25,110,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
there is no such thing as leagues. Leagues are a made up thing. Compatibility sure. Men go after what they find attractive. Just because a man may not be as good looking as someone else doesnt mean he isnt allowed to go after an attractive women.

If people only went after what was in their percieved "leagues" then a lot less people would be approached or be together.
I'm not following. The historical trend is that likes go with likes from looks, to level of education, to intelligence, race, religions, culture, etc. I suppose you could say those things are not leagues, but they seem like they are to me. People don't pair up randomly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 07:43 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,168,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
hahahha "i love her.. but she doesn't know my name "
I'm not saying it doesn't happen lol, but the rate at which people say it happens is no where near to being true IMO

Old 11-18-2012, 07:59 AM

2 posts, read 2,786 times
Default The secret is all in here

Yes, I personally know you are spot on with that fact, quiet simply put: You are simply not sure of what you know deep down is true. Check this link out, I know you will find what you have been looking for: [url=http://2477d57jxf0301l7g5cypzwo1p.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=001]Goldfish[/url]

Enjoy..

Old 11-18-2012, 08:16 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,123,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Yes because of the supply and demand. Everyone wants the best product for the cheapest price.
Jesus effing christ. Is this for real?

Old 11-18-2012, 08:45 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,382,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'm not following. The historical trend is that likes go with likes from looks, to level of education, to intelligence, race, religions, culture, etc. I suppose you could say those things are not leagues, but they seem like they are to me. People don't pair up randomly.
would it matter if 2 people got along really well? In college do people care about onces religion, culture, race, intelligence, ect other than they both have to be attracted to each other?

People have to be attracted to each other to make it work but the theory of classes is bs. really if you dont think ur good enough for someone else, u just lack confidence.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
would it matter if 2 people got along really well? In college do people care about onces religion, culture, race, intelligence, ect other than they both have to be attracted to each other?

People have to be attracted to each other to make it work but the theory of classes is bs. really if you dont think ur good enough for someone else, u just lack confidence.
It's not a theory. It's a fact documented in census. People of the same class marry. It's all tightly correlated with class, especially marriage. I think it makes sense. For example, vegetarians prefer to date other vegetarians. Why? They share similar ethics and worldviews. It's the same for religion and culture. These are commonalities that draw people to each other.

Quote:
The notion of "birds of a feather flock together" points out that similarity is a crucial determinant of interpersonal attraction. Studies about attraction indicate that people are strongly attracted to look-a-likes in physical and social appearance ("like attracts like"). This similarity is in the broadest sense: similarity in bone-structure, characteristics, life goals, ethnicity and appearance. The more these points match, the happier people are in a relationship (Folkes, 1982, Wilson et al., 2006).
Findings suggest that interpersonal similarity and attraction are multidimensional constructs (Lydon, Jamieson & Zanna, 1988), in which people are attracted to others who are similar to them in demographics, physical appearance, attitudes, interpersonal style, social and cultural background, personality, interests and activities preferences, and communication and social skills. A study conducted by Theodore Newcomb (1961) on college dorm roommates suggested that individuals with shared backgrounds, academic achievements, attitudes, values, and political views typically became friends.
A wiki

Old 11-18-2012, 08:59 AM

44,257 posts, read 64,046,055 times
I don't think so.
I have not had trouble scoring smart and attractive women.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:09 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,169,428 times
Average looking women are hard to get. Super attractive women are VERY hard to get. Either way, it's not easy. That's why Russian mail-order brides are such a good idea.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Average looking women are hard to get. Super attractive women are VERY hard to get. Either way, it's not easy. That's why Russian mail-order brides are such a good idea.
What's the purpose of repeating that over and over? And my husband never had a problem getting women in his life. Neither did my brother.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:46 AM

11,865 posts, read 16,940,928 times
I don't know what my level of attractiveness is but if I don't like you, I don't like you. It has nothing to do with imaginary leagues or playing hard to get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships