Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 05:35 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,942,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Look. First's things first. The term, 'to get.' You're not dropping a butterfly net over the woman to put her in a cage. You are not conquering. You're not trying to coax her into the sack for a quickie (Well, okay, maybe you are). If that's how you approach things, then count on Rosie Palms being your regular saturday night date.

Second, the #1 sure-fire way to get a woman interested in you is to, ahem, TALK TO HER. As if she were a real human being with real thoughts and emotions and desires and beliefs. Not as if she were a life-support system for boobs and a vagina.

Third, respect yourself. In how you dress. In how you talk. In how you walk through the room. Because if you don't think you're a person of value, if you think you're playing out of your league, then you are automatically telling her that you are beneath her.

So there you go, Tiger. Knock 'em dead.
Sounds so simple, doesn't it? I don't know where or how it was made to be so complicated.

I will add this; you don't have to say a word about it but what you think of yourself, what you think of the opposite sex in general creates an air about you that comes across as loud as a shout--even if people don't know what they're seeing and hearing, they know if it's good or bad. Can't change the way your dating/love/relationship life is? Change your thinking. It will be worth the effort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2012, 05:45 PM

8,012 posts, read 8,164,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I think...

a) men for the most part are delusional and clueless about their level of attractiveness to women.

b) men are always trying to score with someone out of their league

c) most men would be better served finding a a strong, reliable woman within their "league"
What is it with you and men and your generalizations?

Old 01-29-2012, 05:51 PM

28,896 posts, read 53,921,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Sounds so simple, doesn't it? I don't know where or how it was made to be so complicated.

I will add this; you don't have to say a word about it but what you think of yourself, what you think of the opposite sex in general creates an air about you that comes across as loud as a shout--even if people don't know what they're seeing and hearing, they know if it's good or bad. Can't change the way your dating/love/relationship life is? Change your thinking. It will be worth the effort.
I think it has to do with not attempting to understand women. Women are actually pretty easy to understand at all times. There's not a damned thing mysterious about them. So if one approaches a woman and talks to her not as if she was a fertility goddess, but rather as a normal person, one would do a heck of a lot better.

Old 01-29-2012, 05:57 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,942,409 times
Quote:
I think it has to do with not attempting to understand women. Women are actually pretty easy to understand at all times. There's not a damned thing mysterious about them. So if one approaches a woman and talks to her not as if she was a fertility goddess, but rather as a normal person, one would do a heck of a lot better.
I don't think it's about trying to understand anyone, man or woman. It's about letting your hair down, having fun, taking things one step at a time and just getting to know someone rather than flogging them with your expectations. People can be mysterious and hard to understand, but if you just slow down, take the time to get to know them, you'll see them differently--as a real person, not a mystery to be figured out or understood, as many seem to think.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:28 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,387,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post

I guess my point is that maybe the whole belief that attractive women are much harder to have a relationship with isn't entirely true (and mean of course there is a basis for it). I'm not just talking exceptions, but maybe a different dynamic is going on.

What do you think?
Any individual is going to be hard to get if s/he thinks/knows the pursuer does not fulfill her/his requirements for a mate (longterm or otherwise). On the other hand, if s/he thinks/knows the pursuer does fulfill those requirements, it is not going to be too difficult/challenging, but there still will be moderate work involved. Therefore, even an "average" looking individual with high self-esteem with other very positive attributes such as a great personality, high intelligence, good health, etc. is going to be perceived as hard to get by the individual who brings less or nothing to the table.

Of course, there are the exceptions. Some people have unrealistically high requirements that few can meet and some people have really low requirements that practically anyone can meet.

[and then there are those who could be looking at what they want right in the eye and not be aware of it]

Old 01-29-2012, 06:41 PM

24,606 posts, read 55,741,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romila View Post
Attractive women either they want a rich men so they can keep up their visuals. Women who are attractive are picky and they should be, because they took the time to look good, take care of themselves.

So who want to be with a loser, who is ugly.

Women want to feel love, protected, and want security. I mean some attractive women do work, they are not just trophy wives. Those who do make their own money, still want a guy who is rich, because they life style are expensive. Imagine looking that good it takes money.

Point is attractive women either want a rich guy or a rich hot guy.
If you are not rich, you don't fit the bill.

Sorry.
Maybe an attractive body, although that depends on genetics too, but I think makeup can only do so much to an ugly face.

You're probably overstating the whole rich part. Yes it's a factor, but a lot of attractive women really do care more about looks themselves.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:42 PM

24,606 posts, read 55,741,769 times
Quote:
Yes! I always hear about men complaining about how women are so complicated and hard to understand. Women are as equally predictable as men, you've just got to understand things through a female point of view. Same with women who just 'don't get' men. Having both male and female friends, growing up with sisters, and having a brain that is supposedly 50% male and 50% female I have some idea. Short of being a hemaprodite.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:42 PM

819 posts, read 1,126,953 times
I only date attractive women and have never had any problem "getting" them. In fact, the uglier ones always seemed to have a chip on their shoulder anyway. Ugly inside and out.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:46 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,903,982 times
Reminds me of the story of the guy who, after years of searching, finally found the perfect woman. She rejected him because she was looking for the perfect man.

For you youngsters out there (the under 40 crowd) NO ONE gets out of life unscathed. We all end up with saggy skin, wrinkles, gray or no hair, ailments, memory lapses. IF you want a woman (or a man) to grow old with find someone who faces life with humor and courage. Like Roseanne Barr said once "I don't want a namby pamby man with perfect hair and teeth who jump out of airplanes or climb rocks or drive race cars.......I want a real man. One who has the courage to look a 30 year mortgage in the eye and not flinch."

Find a partner who you can talk to. who shares your values. who shares your ambition. who shares your likes and dislikes. And when you lie on that bed awaiting the white horse you will have the warmth of someone who has been a partner either holding your hand or waiting on the other side. You will have lived a full and good life. But if your focus is on the size of her breasts or the perfection of her skin or the color of her hair, you will die alone because she will not be the woman of the perfect skin or breasts or hair in 10 years, let alone 50 years.

So, girls and boys, grow up...........THEN grow old.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:59 PM

1,704 posts, read 2,311,744 times
You can't generalize all people "good looking or not" the same.

I see good looking women with ugly, short, fat, tall, skinny, avg looking guys ALL THE TIME.

If you have something going for you, personality and the confidence to approach them then you have a 50/50 chance.

If you think they are out of your league then you have 0% chance.

Not every hot good looking girl is with a buff model who is rich and has multiple college degrees like they want you to believe on dating sites
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships