Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 11:10 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,869,223 times

Advertisements

Maybe he's just not a phone/text person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 11:45 AM

31,036 posts, read 22,064,322 times
I really don't see any problems? You have a good time when your out with him. Do you want to bear his children or somthing?

Old 01-30-2012, 11:58 AM

297 posts, read 726,383 times
Sounds like a "regular guy" to me. And sounds like a lot of my male friends. They are not into idle chit chat. I am not either. Actually I HATE the phone!

I do have a couple of male friends who will text other people constantly when they come to visit me. Quite annoying to me.

One constantly texts his wife. One time I was visiting them at their home and they were sitting across from each other in the living room. They were texting each other there!

So anyway people are different. Perhaps you could go to a bar and find someone who always has the cell phone to his ear. Maybe that person would constantly text you and that would be a better match?

Old 01-30-2012, 07:32 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,737,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthbetold155 View Post
Has anyone experienced this before?
Maybe the "back pocket girl". You know, a girl that you keep around for company when your bored, lonely or in-between girlfriends. Sometimes called a surrogate girlfriend.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:15 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,266,293 times
Quote:
I've been seeing this guy for about three weeks now. We met a few Saturdays ago and he asked me out the following weekend. He then was going to be out of town the next weekend and we would hang out next. In the meantime he doesn't really speak to me. We discuss where and when were meeting but we never text or talk for longer then 5mins and then there are 4-5 days between us talking again.

I tried just waiting it out and he doesn't try to talk to me so I try and contact him and he will take a while to respond and then we'll have a short convo and then nothing again for days on end.

We have a lot of fun and chemistry when we are together but in-between dates you can hear a pin drop. Has anyone experienced this before? He only works part time so I know he's not too busy and he always has his phone attached to his hip when were together.
When I met my soon to be wife, you couldn't keep us a part and we hated talking on the phone. It would take us about 20 minutes until we was out the door meeting up with one another. Now my then girl friend traveled a lot, so we had to make do with phones sometimes. We would stay up all night talking on the phone...my neck would hurt like heck the next day lol

Anyhow, I guess what I'm saying if anything is this person doesn't sound all that interested in you. He could be playing the field, or just flaking out on you. I would tell this person how you feel and if nothing changes, maybe it's a good time to move on.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:28 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,336 times
Directed towards the OP..

As Trimac stated there seems to be alot of these threads going around about guys going MIA...

There is only so much A POSTER can state to each and everyone..

Okay, so I am going to use YOU as an I.E. and how I would relate to it..

You have had two glorious dates from what you posted here, you guys get along great, conversation is never lacking and never awkward and the two of you seem to share awesome chemistry?

You went on further to state that you have observed that he has his cell strapped to his hip? And he only has a P/T JOB?
My question is? Instead of pondering, why not ask without sounding fatal and ect...

Play it by ear in between dates however when you finally go out AGAIN? Make it a point to ask...
It could be blase...something so easy..
"So hey quick q. I notice everytime we meet up we chat about everything but in between dates it is like we do not talk, just curious..as to why?"
Be flippant and light about it but at the same time NEVER be afraid to ask direct questions...
I mean really? What are people afraid of?
If you cannot communicate effectively with someone in the early stages than how are you supposed to develop a healthy relationship if someone who cannot answer a direct question?
Not too mention, how much time will you invest knowing this bothers you? This is not going to go away!
It may not be the answer you are going to be happy with, there may be a chance that this person's personality will not mesh with yours, so with this said, would you not want to get this out of the way now?

Old 02-02-2012, 12:37 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
I've been seeing this guy for about three weeks now. We met a few Saturdays ago and he asked me out the following weekend. He then was going to be out of town the next weekend and we would hang out next. In the meantime he doesn't really speak to me. We discuss where and when were meeting but we never text or talk for longer then 5mins and then there are 4-5 days between us talking again.

I tried just waiting it out and he doesn't try to talk to me so I try and contact him and he will take a while to respond and then we'll have a short convo and then nothing again for days on end.

We have a lot of fun and chemistry when we are together but in-between dates you can hear a pin drop. Has anyone experienced this before? He only works part time so I know he's not too busy and he always has his phone attached to his hip when were together.
Maybe he's saving his words for when he is in your presence.

[if he blows his words throughout the week he'll have less words, smaller sentences, and shorter conversations with you on date night]

Old 02-02-2012, 06:55 PM

147 posts, read 350,891 times
If he was interested in you for a relationship, he would be more attentive. You are part of the stable. You are there when he needs you. I have done the same thing.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:19 PM

890 posts, read 1,649,466 times
I actually like spending time face to face with someone I'm dating. I hate talking on the phone. So he could be that kinda guy. But I'll send a "have a nice day " text occasionally
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships