Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 11:24 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times

Advertisements

u r right. these days it is the "correct" answer. we are no longer free to express our honest opinion. we are no longer free to express what we want. however nevertheless its the best answer bek if tiger woods applies for the job she won't miss her chance. she can always tell snoop dog the job is already filled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 12:03 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
In today's world of online dating I 've notice a common occurence, many people like to say they have "no preference" when it comes to a person's race. I'm often confused by this notion, and left wondering if they are being truthful.

In this thread let's try to discover if there is any truth to this pattern. Do you prefer one particular race, more than one race but not all of them, or have "no preference" in a potential mate?
I've discovered it for myself.

There are beautiful women from all corners of this spherical world.

There's also some ugly ones.

Most of them are kinda average.

The ones that really need to discover are those that think that there's not one datable female from X "race".

Old 01-31-2012, 07:39 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,167,662 times
I have no preference of race or gender on my end. With reasonable consideration, age isn't even that much of a factor.

However, I have found that I attract mostly white males in their 20's.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:48 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,792,220 times
Quote:
In today's world of online dating I 've notice a common occurence, many people like to say they have "no preference" when it comes to a person's race. I'm often confused by this notion, and left wondering if they are being truthful.

In this thread let's try to discover if there is any truth to this pattern. Do you prefer one particular race, more than one race but not all of them, or have "no preference" in a potential mate?
Perhaps what confuses you is culture. For instance, someone might specify they have no racial preference but that does not mean they don't have cultural preferences.

One can favor a particular culture and not be racist since people of any race can be raised or adopt a culture of another country. For instance, if you are ethnically white but were born and raised in Japan, culturally, you are Japanese. And I don't think there is anything wrong with having such cultural preferences. It's like investigating which country you prefer. It's based on the laws, customs, socio-economic landscape, not race.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:13 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
I have never had any preference when it comes to race. I've dated guys of all different races. I'm mixed myself - so I'm not sure which race would even be the "correct" race for me to prefer. I also happen to think that it's really cool to date people of different races or cultures and learn about their families, how they were raised, and eat their food!

Old 01-31-2012, 09:26 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,006,903 times
When I look around, I see more and more mixed race couples. Maybe "no preference" in race is not universally accepted, but it is far more accepted now than at any prior point in history, and continues to trend towards even greater and more widespread acceptance.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:51 AM

526 posts, read 955,192 times
I see that a lot on Match. I think they are just being open about meeting people from all walks of life. After all, if you don't find someone atractive (based on their pictures), you can just ignore them without using the "race card."

I, however, do have my race preferences on display as I am not physically attracted to all races. I don't see that as being racist, but rather being honest.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:54 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:

It means they will get with people who look like them.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:57 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,382,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
When I look around, I see more and more mixed race couples. Maybe "no preference" in race is not universally accepted, but it is far more accepted now than at any prior point in history, and continues to trend towards even greater and more widespread acceptance.
Agreed.

When I was online dating, I also selected no racial preference and meant it. I knew I was open to black and white men, but met a Thai guy that was cool and who knows what other men I could have met if I were open to it.

I also saw a lot of profiles where people added some and excluded others so if someone says "no preference", I'd believe it.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:07 AM

31,027 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
Agreed.

When I was online dating, I also selected no racial preference and meant it. I knew I was open to black and white men, but met a Thai guy that was cool and who knows what other men I could have met if I were open to it.

I also saw a lot of profiles where people added some and excluded others so if someone says "no preference", I'd believe it.
I could go with that. With out thinking about it I have indicated just Black and White women in the past, but I was probably eliminating others? It was most likely a Mcsteak. Who knows maybe I missed a great Samoan woman!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships