Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 09:45 AM

709 posts, read 955,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I'm a vegetarian, and a foodie.
You may be a vegetarian, but that automatically prevents you from being a foodie.

As long as a woman does not try to prevent me from eating what I like, why would her food choices remove her from my dating list?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 09:46 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times
Ridiculousness

Old 01-31-2012, 09:54 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I dated a guy briefly who didn't:

1. drink beer, or alcohol of any kind
2. eat cheese, or any dairy
3. he was allergic to tomatoes
4. citrus fruit was completely out of the question

What a nightmare.
My SO carries an epi-pen for a food allergy and doesn't do dairy. He's also kind of fussy: doesn't like mustard, mushrooms, celery, etc. We work around it, just like we work around my vegetarianism.

And because I know what's coming, yes, AC, he doesn't like celery. Fortunately, he doesn't need any.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:55 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
My SO carries an epi-pen for a food allergy and doesn't do dairy. He's also kind of fussy: doesn't like mustard, mushrooms, celery, etc. We work around it, just like we work around my vegetarianism.

And because I know what's coming, yes, AC, he doesn't like celery. Fortunately, he doesn't need any.
I have dropped the celery. I haven't really had a need for it these days

Old 01-31-2012, 10:13 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
I can (Trimac's thread about veggie haters inspired me).

If someone on a date for instance, orders a med well burger with American cheese, no lettuce, onion or tomato, I know it won't work.

If someone won't do ethnic cuisines, like Thai, Indian, etc. on a date, then I know it won't work.

If someone's idea of a good meal is chicken fingers, then I know it won't work.

If someone says they point blank never eat vegetables, then I know it won't work.
Wow.

And that doesn't seem a little controlling to you?

That you have APPROVE of a persons food choices in order to let yourself connect with them?

Old 01-31-2012, 10:15 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
EXACTLY.

Hell, MrsCPG didn't share my tastes in music, movies, or books when we first started dating, and these are all important parts of my life. Heck, her favorite band at the time was Wilson Freaking Philips. But I didn't roll my eyes. I would just offer that I preferred some other stuff, music that she, in turn, didn't care for. So, over the years, we've learned to accommodate one another. I would take her to watch Phil Collins (Proof that I love her) and she would accompany me to hear some pretty hard-core jazz. As a matter of fact, we were watching Moneyball the other night when she turned to me and said, "Thank you for getting me to like baseball." So you just never know what a little love and patience can do.

Why? Because we're smoking hot together. Because we have never had a single day in the 7,906 days we've known each other that we didn't make each other laugh.

Ding, ding, ding ding! We HAVE a winner

Old 01-31-2012, 10:19 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times
Unless she was a cannibal, I couldn't see ruling someone out over their tastes or preferences in cuisine. Picky eaters can be frustrating at times, but so long as they aren't high maintenance in every other way I can work around it.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:23 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Wow.

That you have APPROVE of a persons food choices in order to let yourself connect with them?
The irony is that she is being picky about someone elses pickyness.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:27 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Wow.

It all comes down to maturity, wisdom, and reality. When you've eliminated the entire human race for one thing or another--incompatibility you might rationalize--and you're totally alone, you begin to see things differently. Or you end up on CD complaining that no one can get it right but you.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:33 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
Can you tell you're not compatible with people because of their food choices?
ABSOLUTELY!!! For me, a woman's food choices would give me an indication on if our lifestyles are compatible. Which would instantly let me know if she is GF material or just bang-able material. If we go to a restaurant and she orders the most fattening and unhealthy item on the menu with soda, side of whatever or extra bacon or something, then a giant piece of desert. It lets me know instantly that her lifestyle is not the same as mine which is HEALTHY/FITNESS/ACTIVE oriented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships