Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2012, 01:46 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,425,202 times

Advertisements

The choice to marry someone of a different age should not be done by formula really. A lot of people throw around the silly "rules" of halving the higher age and adding 7 and all this kind of nonsense.

Rather what one should be doing is deciding for oneself what one actually wants from a relationship. What your hopes and dreams and plans are for the future and your relationship in that future.

Then simply ask yourself if the age difference precludes any of those hopes, dream and/or plans. If they do then you have a problem and you need to decide if they are a deal breaker or not. If they do not then there is no problem and you should proceed with the relationship as best you can.

The problem is no one can answer any of this for you. It is something for you and your potential partner to do both alone and then together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 06:38 AM

19,506 posts, read 9,534,290 times
I did. He's almost 8 years older than I am.
We share pretty much same likes - music and food/drink.
I think he's more tolerant in that regard than I am, which might be surprising to many, given that he's the older one.
He's been retired a couple years now and just waiting on me to do the same.
Seems the waiting is the hardest part.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:18 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Hmmm if I married 10 years older he would be 45.

I only know a few men that age. My uncles friends. And LS Jaun. By the way ladies he is hawt!

10 years younger would be 25. Um that's my baby sister's friends. I dunno.

15 yrs older would be 50. Hmmm I dunno never dated that old.
15 yrs younger would be 20. I think no to that.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:11 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,828,747 times
I like dating women who are older than me but 10 years is too much for me. I'll go 5 max.

Old 09-29-2012, 05:35 AM

2 posts, read 3,922 times
age does not really matter what matters is how along you get and if you are confortable being in that relationship then go 4 it and give it your best. age is not really an issue here . its good to be where you are confortable and where you feel safe and secure.

Old 09-29-2012, 06:16 AM

92 posts, read 108,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
in my opinion women only look good when they're young
the same thing can be said about us men

Old 09-29-2012, 06:22 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,828,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlbr View Post
the same thing can be said about us men
Unless you're me.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:45 AM

499 posts, read 756,570 times
My plumber married a woman (financial consultant!) a few years back after being single for nearly 10 yrs. He was 38, her 28. Interracial couple too (Him Jamaican Black, Her Guyanese Indian). She's also taller than him in heels (He's about 5'9, her 5'7-5'8).

He gets to walk around and show off his model wife. He runs his own business (more like him and his buddies run it). He's definitely not rich and I think she might even make more than he does, but they are HAPPY, it shows and people regularly comment (becuase they are jealous as hell)

Old 09-29-2012, 03:42 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Men how do you feel about older women? Would you date, even marry a woman 10 years older than you? 15 years older than you? Whats your limit?
Ladies - would you date, marry a man 10 years YOUNGER than you? 15 years? What is YOUR limit? Do you think it is all just a number and if the chemistry is right than age doesn't mater? Or do you believe it is essential to stay within an age range despite chemistry or love.
I would go with a woman about 10 years older than me...If she wanted me to...

Old 05-08-2013, 06:41 PM

3 posts, read 6,239 times
Don't mean to bump this thread but here it goes..... Me and my fiance have known each other for 3 years and are now getting ready to get hitched. There is a VAST age gap between us as I am 26 and she is 65. If age was the issue then yes, there would be problems. She has been married before with 2 kids older than me and I also have a 5 year old child. For me it has been great as I see myself as an "old soul" type that resonates well with her vibe but moreso we seem to be sapiosexual and perhaps demisexual to an extent. That has allowed us to culture a bond that exceeds any age discrimination and seems to be accepted wherever we go and being overtly social creatures has enabled us to receive "intel" that we are such a great couple together and that it shows< as happiness> in our faces and interactions with ourselves and with others.

I would not trade this relationship for the world although she & I both know I could be with a much younger girl/woman but as of yet I would not want to go that route(which I did when I was younger), but after experiencing such a mature, grounded, accomplished and worldly woman I don't know how I'm going to go about my life after the inevitable of her moving on to the next life. Now tell me you have heard of couples in our similar situation...or denounce us, as you will surely be the first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships