Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 01:28 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,357,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
It's you who need the chill pill and some learning skill with the ignore. There are some posters here who have made a lifetime out of how they are stuck in America after having grown up in a wonderful foreign land of milk and honey. All I am offering is help them go back to paradise.
lol, ive said what needed to be said, and i'll leave it at that. Just remember that you are not Captain America! Not everyone that airs their dirty laundry in the "most useless forum in CD" as you so eloquently put, is a pauper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 01:29 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami*imA View Post
I'm from China and my parents are gov't officials there. My parents found me a job with a starting salary $120K USD/ year and they tried to use the job offer to break up me and my boyfriend at one point. I don't even think I can make that much in the US because I just don't know many people here.

My husband is white. The difference between him and me didn't seem too big in the beginning, but now when we get into an argument I feel like we're always talking about completely different things.

The firm I was working for said they'll sponsor for my work visa and then added more and more requirement on my job. I started to complain at home that if I wanted that job at the firm I'd have to use a work visa, and the partners were use the visa as a leverage. How's how the whole visa/green card discussion started between me and my husband.
Ok, I mistook you were from Norway. Yikes

Chinese young girl. American male. Rich recipe for green card exploitation. I run into this pair way too often. Every marriage is a green card marriage which has dimmed my outlook on such deals. This man is "exploiting" you.

Why don't you leave this guy and listen to your parents? You keep getting a three year extension and if you have a good job, there is a higher category of green cards which is faster.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
lol, ive said what needed to be said, and i'll leave it at that. Just remember that you are not Captain America! Not everyone that airs their dirty laundry in the "most useless forum in CD" as you so eloquently put, is a pauper.
Thank you for helping the OP

Old 02-03-2012, 01:55 PM

85 posts, read 171,814 times
Quote:
Ok, I mistook you were from Norway. Yikes

Chinese young girl. American male. Rich recipe for green card exploitation. I run into this pair way too often. Every marriage is a green card marriage which has dimmed my outlook on such deals. This man is "exploiting" you.

Why don't you leave this guy and listen to your parents? You keep getting a three year extension and if you have a good job, there is a higher category of green cards which is faster.
My parents DO NOT want me to live in anywhere but near them. I tried to stay away from them so that I'm not under their constant control. But right now for $$$ sake, I may have to kiss their ***** for quite a while to get everything back on track. I screwed up a year. Got a lot of catching up to do .

Old 02-03-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Dude if you keep posting these kind of really cool comebacks, I'm gonna start an
Antlered Chamataka fan club for C D
Thank you, believe.

The reason for my anger and perceived "bullying" on this thread is that way too many immigrants are exploiting the immigration system, which was designed for "truly skilled immigrants", and not for shortcuts and money scams. These people give ALL other honest immigrants a bad name

Old 02-03-2012, 01:57 PM

831 posts, read 2,826,104 times
A lot of guys cheat, it's a chance you take when you get into a relationship. Sorry

Old 02-03-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami*imA View Post
My parents DO NOT want me to live in anywhere but near them. I tried to stay away from them so that I'm not under their constant control. But right now for $$$ sake, I may have to kiss their ***** for quite a while to get everything back on track. I screwed up a year. Got a lot of catching up to do .
Ami, follow this table carefully.
Visa Bulletin For February 2012

You see the immense backlog for Chinese and Indian skilled immigrants. This category is seriously bloated.

Say if you get a job in 6 months, you need 3 years of experience before you can apply on the EB2 category. And if we project it for 2015, you will get you green card in 2017. If you go with EB3, it will take as late as 2027. That's the sad reality.

But since you're performing school here, there's a clause which says that that will enhance the chances.

All I am saying is, you need to use yourself to further you. Any other deal comes strapped with limitations and even danger. Now you have "married" some sick individual.

It's okay to kiss parents' a$$, rather than a man ho who trolls around craigslist.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:02 PM

650 posts, read 1,812,056 times
I feel sorry for you because you seem like a very nice person and probably a loving wife. With that said, you have to see the whole situation the way we see it. He's not the guy you fell in love with and probably never will be. He'll never change and you'll never forgive him, that alone will doom the marriage. There's no trust and therefore, no future.

Forget all the reasons why you feel you need to stay. The fact is, he lied to you; cannot support you; derailed your career; bankrupted you; and basically used you. Don't worry what people think about your short marriage, it's nobody's business. Can you honestly spend the rest of your life with this guy? What makes you think he won't just create another email and go back to his old habits? Did you two meet on craigslist as well?

Old 02-03-2012, 02:03 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,449,916 times
Quote:
For anyone bitter and grumpy and willing to leave the United States, I'm willing to sponsor your air ticket. 750$ (one-way only, baggage fees, non-vegetarian meals included) per head. Serious offer, if you are living here and bitching about being stuck in a so-called miserable country.

Again, serious offer.
Do we get to pick the country you'll send us to? I'm native born, but hey, I'll go if you set things up where I can have a good job elsewhere...and maybe summa that socialized medicine.

Sorry about digressing.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Do we get to pick the country you'll send us to? I'm native born, but hey, I'll go if you set things up where I can have a good job elsewhere...and maybe summa that socialized medicine.

Sorry about digressing.
Bulgaria
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships