Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 12:20 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,470,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
That's just dumb. If I wanted to get married and have kids, why would I bother seriously dating a woman who didn't want the same things? After the third or fourth date, if you don't know that sort of stuff, you're wasting your time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
This has been my direction so far. I don't want to waste a guys time who wants kids or marriage and I certainly don't want to get involved with someone who will eventually resent or try to change my mind set.
Are you people from some kind of cult community where every guy you date has to be a marriage prospect and not only that but according to your preset plans?

No wonder some women scare guys off.

What ever happened to dating, companionship and fun. You deserve not to find anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 12:27 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
I had to think about this question last time I said I would want to know right away. I wouldn't be pushed into changing certain things in my life such as my belifes. That's one thing that will never change. However I can see changing your mind about children once you got to know this person. Or perhaps moving to another state simple things like that. Someone who you could possibly seeing yourself spending your life could change your mind about said things. Let's be honest relationships/love is about give/take.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:42 PM

9,131 posts, read 20,006,903 times
Depends on the purpose of the dating I would think.

If your dating just to go out and have some fun, then long term goals may not be as important.

However, if your dating with the hopes of finding an LTR with a future, then knowing your date's life plans will be an important topic to cover, fairly early in the dating relationship.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:44 PM

819 posts, read 1,129,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
What ever happened to dating, companionship and fun. You deserve not to find anyone.
We're not talking about two high school kids dating, are we? The question is specific to adults who want a serious relationship. If you don't want to be serious, the other person deserves to know.

Also, dating for "fun" basically means you just want to hook up. Nothing wrong with that, but some of us are past that stage in our lives.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:47 PM

499 posts, read 891,766 times
Quote:
Are you people from some kind of cult community where every guy you date has to be a marriage prospect and not only that but according to your preset plans?

No wonder some men scare women off.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:49 PM

499 posts, read 891,766 times
Quote:
We're not talking about two high school kids dating, are we? The question is specific to adults who want a serious relationship. If you don't want to be serious, the other person deserves to know.

Also, dating for "fun" basically means you just want to hook up. Nothing wrong with that, but some of us are past that stage in our lives.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:58 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,364,962 times
Quote:
That's just dumb. If I wanted to get married and have kids, why would I bother seriously dating a woman who didn't want the same things? After the third or fourth date, if you don't know that sort of stuff, you're wasting your time.
Agreed. The older we get, the less time we really have to waste on not getting these questions answered. I have always said put it all out there. If your fundamentals are opposite, you will simply be wasting time.
Next!

Old 02-06-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:

Most people don't date for the hell of it or just to pass the time...Companionship and fun are not the necessary ingredients for a lifetime partner. There are still several people out there who want something more meaningful than a simple tryst or a run around the lake.

So having boundaries and goals now makes someone undeserving??

Old 02-06-2012, 01:07 PM

819 posts, read 1,129,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
Agreed. The older we get, the less time we really have to waste on not getting these questions answered. I have always said put it all out there. If your fundamentals are opposite, you will simply be wasting time.
Next!
Hah, I bet you have terrible luck living in Austin. The proportion of serious-minded people is very small.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Hah, I bet you have terrible luck living in Austin. The proportion of serious-minded people is very small.

Hon, you are spot on there! It is fairly heartbreaking, and it tends to be just stay the same here. Lakeway is nice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships