U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 04:32 AM

3 posts, read 7,822 times

Advertisements

Hi well my story is a bit long but make it short. Do you guys think that good and
bad karma follows you>. Example; when i was 16, i had my first serious relationship lasting almost a year and was the girl i lost my virginity 2, she left me and cheated on me when i did absolutely nothing but to love her, well really young and obviously broke my heart but i kept on being a really sweet guy, and that brought a beautiful girlfriend when i was 18 my high school sweetheart. Well in my opinion that was my good karma right? for being cheated i guess. Well i went out with her for almost 5 years we were going to get married this month but, she left me back in june of 2011 when she broke up the 2 year engagement. well i guess that happened because when we started going out i was a senior she was a junior and as u can imagine senior year is all about parties and stuff like that, i always invited her but she never wanted to at all shes always been antisocial, well i went out one night and cheated on her well a couple times actually, maybe cuz i was young and she was young but i know i ****ed up not trying to cover my actions. and i actually confessed her i did it, when my friends were telling me not to tell her but i did, she forgave me and well the rest is history i was always the sweetest to her after that, her family and supported her on everything, but i mean i guess she never got over that and that's why she broke up with me, and the tables turn funny huh but i have been crying literally everyday since she left me a lot of people say sorry but don't mean it, i know i am for a fact sorry i have been going to church now, gym, and focusing on myself, and haven't went out with any girl ever since, still have her pictures in my wall, write songs for her, and well i guess i haven't gotten over it. and stuff but back to karma you guys think i payed karma when she left me and had been suffering for so long, and knowing that she got freaking hooooter than when i met her, she is almost done with college and she is going to be successful apart from me. you guys think karma will always follow me since she never did nothing to me and i freaking broke her heart???? idk if i should still look for her and maybe one day she forgives me and ill still be here, the last words i said to her were as long as there is still love in my heart for u it means to me we are still together like a long distance relationship, but dont know im looking for advice from people who had various relationships and say well i had the one and left it/ did u guys, girls ever found love again> pure> will i get my heart broken like i did to her **** thanks for taking the time and reading havent talked to anyone at all ever since =(
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 04:44 AM

16,434 posts, read 20,183,505 times
This is not the answer you wanted, but it's the only way to escape bad karma: forgiveness of sins through the blood and sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:22 AM

2,467 posts, read 3,811,593 times
I don't believe in Karma. It's a good thing to believe in if you think people get what they deserve, but I don't really believe that.

Your ex made a choice that wasn't really fair to you. I've done some "bad" things and had bad things happen to me, but right now I'm 26 and happy with a wonderful woman. I don't believe outside forces led us together. I feel like I have control of my life, not some mysterious force.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:28 AM

16,081 posts, read 25,578,080 times
The laws of nature say no one can escape karma. She did forgive you for the infidelity, but it doesn't imply she has to stay in the relationship. You are living your karma now.

So are the tears, agony and church genuine or are your trying to fix your bad karma for the next relationship?

http://dharma.ncf.ca/introduction/truths/karma2.html

http://www.skepdic.com/karma.html

Last edited by virgode; 02-08-2012 at 07:39 AM..

Old 02-08-2012, 07:36 AM

9,130 posts, read 16,635,539 times
Karma aside, it is time to move on. I am not a believer in karma, but I do not think your suffering would be due to karma anyway. You are punishing yourself by not allowing yourself to heal and move on from the relationship that ended.

She broke up, she is gone. Take down her pictures and reminders of her. Quit surrounding yourself with her. I know it isn't always easy, but until you let her go, your not going to move on yourself.

If your genuine in going to church, seek the Lord's help! He has blessed me so many times!!

Old 02-08-2012, 08:48 AM

5,636 posts, read 9,113,900 times
Even though I have strong Buddhist leanings, I don't really believe in karma. To me, karma is simply the natural consequence of making poor life decisions or treating others poorly. An uncorrected personality flaw is bound to keep giving you problems in the future, not because of some cosmic record-keeping, but because you bring it on yourself by unskillful behavior.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:03 AM

406 posts, read 706,947 times
Count me in as one of those that do not believe in karma.
Heck bad things happen to good people all the time. Good things happen to bad people all the time.
The one thing I really wish I could teach people and make it stick (and I wish I had taught myself years ago) is that for every action there is a reaction. Every single choice you make, every single thing you act upon is going to have a reaction. Think long and hard about your choices before you act upon them.

And, as others have said, move on. Quit crying in your beer over what was and go out into the world and seek what is ....... there are wonderful, great people in this world. You will meet another. and another. and another. if you so choose. Next time you begin a serious relationship, learn from this one. But seriously, get out of the past and get on with your life. There is an entire world out there full of adventures and full of people.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:56 PM

26,922 posts, read 34,498,394 times
No such thing as karma.

I think karma is something feeble minded folks use as justification for something bad happening to someone.

As far as your situation... Lesson learned. Move on and do not repeat your mistakes.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:41 PM

23,624 posts, read 16,763,037 times
Karma can be real but only if you believe in it; "self fulfilling prophecy" brought about by guilt or the belief itself.

If there is karma it sure wouldn't apply to people splitting up or cheating on a boyfriend or girlfriend because relationships end when a person loses interest in you. Some power is not going to come in and hurt someone else because your girfriend left left you!

Last edited by LS Jaun; 02-08-2012 at 06:45 PM..

Old 02-08-2012, 05:50 PM

7,846 posts, read 11,706,262 times
Even if it was karma, I dont' think karma has a 5 year backlog. Why would you date for 5 years, be engaged for 2 and she calls off the wedding 8 months before the big day? I don't think her calling off the wedding has to do with your cheating on her in high school. If that's what she told you, imo, I think it's an excuse. If you met at 18 and you're dating 5 years, that puts her at 23. She may have realized she's not ready to get married. You even said she's just about done with college, will be successful and even her appearance has changed. She is living her life and probably felt she would have given up a lot of things if she got married so young. I think you need to discuss the real issue at hand and don't assume your cheating and karma had anything to do with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships