U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 02:14 AM

3,106 posts, read 7,241,960 times

Advertisements

Another chick I wanted to punch in the throat after about an hour into the date. Ok, that's a bit too harsh...kick down a flight of stairs.

JK. I've been single for about nine months now. I have ZERO problem hooking up with chicks but I want something long term. I'm 26 and I feel like I'm ready to move forward with that "special" someone. I've got the single and ready to mingle mindset out of my head too. I've been single for 6 of the last 8 years so pretty much most of my adulthood.

I can go to bars and clubs, pick up on chicks easy but that's not where I wanna met someone I want something meaningful. Plus, that's not really my scene either. Not much of a drinker and I like actual dancing not dry humming.

I was pretty excited for this date. She seemed cool from what I could tell online. First time I've been excited for a date since my first date with my ex three years ago. She has vertigo and I'm a huge theme park / adrenaline junkie. Then she says she can't play team sports because she gets too angry....oooookkkkk.

IDK, I'm about ready to give up finding someone worthwhile and just start whoring around even thought that's not what I want. I know I shouldn't because I'd be a huge hypocrite doing that. However, it SUCKS constantly being single while your friends are dating or in relationships.

Girls always complain how hard it is finding a good guy...I really think it's more the other way around.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 02:18 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,720,392 times
Calling females "Chicks" is your first problem ... You are about ten years too old for that.

What were your issues with this one?

Old 02-10-2012, 02:20 AM

Sorry, I added some more info since your post.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:28 AM

733 posts, read 1,651,843 times
Yeah, you were definitely too hard on this one. I personally am not a fan of many theme park rides, but I have been to many theme parks and still have fun. If she gets motion sickness...then simply don't go to a theme park with her? You could go to theme parks with your friends, then enjoy other activities with her.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:31 AM

I didn't realize til now that's a dealbreaker for me. Living in SoCal, there are three different theme parks. I go to each one at least once a year too.

The team sports anger issue is a huge red flag for me.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:36 AM
miu

17,639 posts, read 37,713,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Another chick I wanted to punch in the throat after about an hour into the date. Ok, that's a bit too harsh...kick down a flight of stairs.

Another problem you have is all this repressed anger inside of you. I wouldn't never want to have a LTR with a guy who uses terms like "punch in the throat" or "kick down a flight of stairs" so readily. No thanks.

Otherwise, considering your favorite activities like theme parks and team sports, you should look for a potential gf while doing those past times. And start by making new friends, especially platonic female friends. I find that many single men on the prowl make the mistake of only being friendly towards women that they want to date... and when the flirtation falls flat, they lose interest in the woman and move on to another attempted conquest. Quality women avoid guys that are desperate or in a rush. Stop thinking about being single for nine months, relax and stop looking for a gf. Be zen about this and you will have better luck finding a gf. Plus if you are platonic friends first, you will find out well before the first romantic date if she enjoys the same things you do. And she even might be chasing you to be her bf if you aren't so diligently hunting for gf material.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:36 AM

733 posts, read 1,651,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
The team sports anger issue is a huge red flag for me.
Did she seem like the type who gets angered easily? She may have been overreacting on that one. I think everyone gets angered from time to time while working as a team. But I'm sure you did more talking with her about this stuff that bothers you, so you probably know more about it all than we do.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:40 AM

24,630 posts, read 26,806,019 times
After reading your first sentence, I doubt you'll ever find anyone compatible; well maybe some violence loving, insecure and drunk woman who has no self esteem.
Have you considered that type of woman? Sounds like you'd be a perfect match.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Another problem you have is all this repressed anger inside of you. I wouldn't never want to have a LTR with a guy who uses terms like "punch in the throat" or "kick down a flight of stairs" so readily. No thanks.

Otherwise, considering your favorite activities like theme parks and team sports, you should look for a potential gf while doing those past times. And start by making new friends, especially platonic female friends. I find that many single men on the prowl make the mistake of only being friendly towards women that they want to date... and when the flirtation falls flat, they lose interest in the woman and move on to another attempted conquest. Quality women avoid guys that are desperate or in a rush. Stop thinking about being single for nine months, relax and stop looking for a gf. Be zen about this and you will have better luck finding a gf. Plus if you are platonic friends first, you will find out well before the first romantic date if she enjoys the same things you do. And she even might be chasing you to be her bf if you aren't so diligently hunting for gf material.

I'm definitely guilty of that. I don't really have any female friends I haven't done stuff with or one of my buddies have.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
After reading your first sentence, I doubt you'll ever find anyone compatible; well maybe some violence loving, insecure and drunk woman who has no self esteem.
Have you considered that type of woman? Sounds like you'd be a perfect match.

I like using sarcasm. I thought it was obvious but I guess I needed to use italics to really support sarcasm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships