Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 12:15 PM

649 posts, read 1,133,401 times

Advertisements

lol I'm a dude and sometimes I wonder about the next morning, the girl seeing me with my bed hed and the few gray hairs I have peeking through the mascara cover ups. And don't even get me started about dry morning skin... but then, we wouldn't have hooked up if we weren't attracted, so there's really nothing to worry about seriously, google celebrities without makeup, it happens to the best. But OP, you're probably hot, I notice a lot of hot chicks don't realize they are, otherwise he wouldn't be with you. So don't worry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 08:44 PM

18 posts, read 26,611 times
I like Mikala and Sweetlilac's approaches. He wouldn't be dating you if he didn't think you were attractive.

Plus ... how does he look when he gets up in the morning? 9s don't necessarily look like 9s all the time.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:14 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,106,553 times
Leave him now before he hurts you!! women should only date us trustworthy average and ugly guys

Old 02-21-2012, 10:50 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,692,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
No point misleading the innocent guy any further. Show him how ugly you look in the morning at the very earliest. Be honest. For the best effects, snap a picture of you with your smartphone right when you wake up, with messy hair or thinner hair or no hair, boogers, dried drool and stuffed eyes.
i'm crying laughing, i can't breathe!

Old 02-21-2012, 11:05 PM

6,794 posts, read 5,669,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjones311 View Post
So, my long distance thing fizzled out again, and I decided it was time to move on for good. I met someone on a dating site last month, and we're getting along great. We've gone out on 6 dates thus far, and have been intimate. Everything is going extremely well in all aspects, except that that I feel very self conscious about eventually sleeping over or being in some other situation where I don't get to present myself in my best light with hair/makeup, etc (like out on his boat in the summer). He is about a 9 on a scale of 1-10, and I consider myself about a 5, so he's much more attractive than I am. I'm actually in awe that such a good looking guy is interested in me.

I've always just been very self conscious about my looks in general. I have a condition that causes extreme dark circles under my eyes that are barely hidden decently by heavy concealer. I also hate my skin (acne scars, uneven skin tone, breakouts). I hate being seen without makeup. Plus, I straighten my hair because it's got really weird texture (half straight, half wavy with cowlicks) and gets really oily overnight. In all, I look like a completely different person when I'm au naturale in the mornings, and I'm scared to death for him to see me like that. I'm afraid that he'll not be attracted to me anymore, even though everything else is going so well.

Has anybody been in this situation? What happened, what did you do, how did you get over it?
Funny! I am not laughing at you but your story is so common. My wife is beautiful (whose isn't?) and I definitely married WAY UP! Most people scratch their heads when they see us in public.. We have been married 15 years and we have been together 18 years and there are still times when my wife doesn't want me to see her in the mornings... So your feelings are normal in that respect.

As far as the self consciousness goes, i get that as well. I remember that I was very intimidated by my future wife when we first met. I wouldn't have thought of asking her out on a date.. she was WAY out of my league.. but a buddy of mine simply gave me a pep talk so I eventually found the nerve to ask her out. You are already beyond this point and your date obviously likes you A LOT! That should boost your esteem a little. 5 or 6 dates are simply not gonna happen if he is NOT interested in you..

You know it may sound a little alien but some guys are interested in more than simply looks... maybe he likes your personality, your witt, maybe he likes your BUTT! I don't know but he likes YOU and that's what is important. Just roll with it and if you have to get up early in the mornings before he does to get your face and hair presentable.. do it.. but I got a feeling it wouldn't matter either way!

Old 02-23-2012, 09:15 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,392,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
She probably looks better than 5 in reality.
+1 - many women underrate themselves on the 1-10 scale. It may be your insecurity that causes you to lose on this deal.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:57 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,246,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
OP, I've always felt that scales were stupid as looks are very relative. You might see yourself as a 5 and he might look at you as see a 10, the whole package. I think you have to work on your self esteem though because that could the be biggest turn off for a man.

Even the hottest celebrities probably look ugly in the morning. Men are not stupid, they know women use make-up to alter/better their appeareances so they can't expect you to look like a super start at 8am, but you shouldn't be so different that he won't remember who you are or drop you in the spot.
^^This. OP, have you seen pictures of celebrities and supermodels while they're out and about going to the gym or pumping gas in their car with sweats. YIKES! Don't sweat it and don't sell yourself short. I was afraid of what my husband would think of me without makeup. We really didn't go away much before we were married but I will admit, I would get up before him to "freshen up". Did that on our honeymoon and the first year or so of marriage. It was getting exhausting lol. He loves me the way I am. He says I'm very beautiful. I say he's delusional lol. Enjoy your relationship. If your guy has issues then he's not the "10" you think he is.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:09 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,111,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjones311 View Post
So, my long distance thing fizzled out again, and I decided it was time to move on for good. I met someone on a dating site last month, and we're getting along great. We've gone out on 6 dates thus far, and have been intimate. Everything is going extremely well in all aspects, except that that I feel very self conscious about eventually sleeping over or being in some other situation where I don't get to present myself in my best light with hair/makeup, etc (like out on his boat in the summer). He is about a 9 on a scale of 1-10, and I consider myself about a 5, so he's much more attractive than I am. I'm actually in awe that such a good looking guy is interested in me.

I've always just been very self conscious about my looks in general. I have a condition that causes extreme dark circles under my eyes that are barely hidden decently by heavy concealer. I also hate my skin (acne scars, uneven skin tone, breakouts). I hate being seen without makeup. Plus, I straighten my hair because it's got really weird texture (half straight, half wavy with cowlicks) and gets really oily overnight. In all, I look like a completely different person when I'm au naturale in the mornings, and I'm scared to death for him to see me like that. I'm afraid that he'll not be attracted to me anymore, even though everything else is going so well.

Has anybody been in this situation? What happened, what did you do, how did you get over it?
1) Post pictures briefly and then take them off. You're probably underrating yourself.

2) Good looking guys date average women ALL THE TIME. I see it all the time. More so than vice versa. Guys might start off just being after a@@. But then, if they're a good guy and they start to like the girl, it goes from there. This is also often a result of women aggressively approaching these guys. See it ALL THE TIME.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:09 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,946,150 times
I once went out with a guy who was seriously ugly. I didn't see it at the time. I thought he was the sexiest guy alive. My friends would shake their heads at me... I was head over heels for him. A few months after he dumped me, I could see why everyone thought he was ugly (he had an unattractive face, oily hair, etc) but I was sooo hot for him, that even once I saw it physically, I still was attracted to him.

He dumped me saying he was sure I'd cheat on him eventually. His friends were always telling him I would, that I was out of his league. He said it got old and that one day I would realize that I was too good for him... I thought it was a line at the time, but he wasn't the first to say it. For awhile I had a 'thing' for guys with a certain jawline and red hair. I got tired of being mistrusted and suspected of cheating all the time... guys freaking out because someone hit on me while we were out (like I could control strangers!) and started looking for guys who were more 'in my league' or above it... and more secure with themselves as well.

Don't sell this guy (or yourself!) short. Just because he's hot, doesn't mean he's shallow or incapable of love and committment!

Old 02-25-2012, 01:17 PM

649 posts, read 1,133,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
I once went out with a guy who was seriously ugly. I didn't see it at the time. I thought he was the sexiest guy alive. My friends would shake their heads at me... I was head over heels for him. A few months after he dumped me, I could see why everyone thought he was ugly (he had an unattractive face, oily hair, etc) but I was sooo hot for him, that even once I saw it physically, I still was attracted to him.

He dumped me saying he was sure I'd cheat on him eventually. His friends were always telling him I would, that I was out of his league. He said it got old and that one day I would realize that I was too good for him... I thought it was a line at the time, but he wasn't the first to say it. For awhile I had a 'thing' for guys with a certain jawline and red hair. I got tired of being mistrusted and suspected of cheating all the time... guys freaking out because someone hit on me while we were out (like I could control strangers!) and started looking for guys who were more 'in my league' or above it... and more secure with themselves as well.

Don't sell this guy (or yourself!) short. Just because he's hot, doesn't mean he's shallow or incapable of love and committment!
lol, he screwed up a good thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships