Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 07:11 PM

5 posts, read 6,656 times

Advertisements

I would like an opinion. A friend has been dating a military officer for a few months. Both knew he would be deployed, so they made no committments. They live about an hour apart. Both have made an effort to see each other usually on weekends. They text everyday and talk on the phone for 10-15 minutes every night.They have discussed in detail about keeping in touch while he is deployed. When they have been together with his friends on base, many are married, they always ask her if they are going to live together when he returns. Last night her friends were having a going away party for him in her town. He left his phone at her house by mistake (I think)- she answered the phone when it rang- it was another girl. The other girl said the only reason he went to the party was because she had to worked and couldn't come visit this weekend!!!!!. The girl also related some details so she knew it was true.

My friend is devastated as well as feels really stupid. She has no idea how he fit in another girl in his life. He made an effort to see my friend - it wasn't easy with the distance involved, but they had a relationship.. He treated her extremely well.

He remembered his phone and came back for it- he immediately left because he had to be at work. She has not told him - just avoided him all day today. She scheduled to take off work tomorrow to go to the base, he asked her to do this and she agreed. his friends and their families are having a get together as they will be deployed Tues. morning. She cannot pretend this didn't happen and she needs closure in case something happens and he doesn't return.

Both are college graduates, mid 20's. Friend is not really a jealous person, but what this other girl said really hit a nerve- he has had some sort of involvement with her.

Any thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 07:13 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,152,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydad View Post
they made no committments
Key to the whole scenario right there.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:17 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,222,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Key to the whole scenario right there.

Agreed and why did she answer HIS phone? She had no right to do that.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:20 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,222,031 times
Oh.........and NOT jealous but is 'devastated' because another girl was on HIS phone that SHE answered and had no right to because it is HIS phone and they agreed to NO COMMITMENTS. I hope he knows how lucky he is to be getting away from a woman like that.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:33 PM

5 posts, read 6,656 times
No committments is correct.
He was coming to a going away party at her home - it was for him - the girl said the only reason he came to the party was because she couldn't get off work - so friend was the second choice.
And she answered his phone because he left it at her house- it is his only phone- she thought maybe he was trying to locate it and was calling from someone elses phone to see where it was. Didn't you ever lose your cell and call the # to locate it? That is how i found mine one time - a stranger was nice enough to answer my phone when I dropped it. She didn't think anyone else would be calling at 3AM

Old 02-12-2012, 07:39 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Quote:
No committments is correct.
He was coming to a going away party at her home - it was for him - the girl said the only reason he came to the party was because she couldn't get off work - so friend was the second choice.
And she answered his phone because he left it at her house- it is his only phone- she thought maybe he was trying to locate it and was calling from someone elses phone to see where it was. Didn't you ever lose your cell and call the # to locate it? That is how i found mine one time - a stranger was nice enough to answer my phone when I dropped it. She didn't think anyone else would be calling at 3AM
Well, I'm not so sure I'd just buy whatever the girl who called said hook, line and sinker. She could have her own agenda you know.

The only way she's going to get answers is to ask some questions!

And encourage her to do it TONIGHT.

Time is short, she better speak now or forever hold her peace you know?

But at the very least she should give the guy the benefit of the doubt and ask him flat out who the girl was and if what she said was true.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:50 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,640,148 times
I'm with lovesMountain. I wouldn't necessarily trust or believe this girl. Even if it were true -- and your friend was a second choice -- what kind of cruel, classless person would say so? That's pretty tacky. I think your friend should talk to the guy. I bet she will feel better after she does so.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:48 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,274,049 times
good thing there were no commitments....now she can move on

Old 02-13-2012, 03:54 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,676,227 times
Quote:
A friend has been dating a military officer
Clue number 1 I hate to make such a broad generalization but being around militray folks so often and seeing them on and off their duty places, it doe not suprose me when i read these things. Confront him witht he revelation and go from there but don;t think there is anything special until the commitment is made. Free tail is free tail regardless how you got it......

Old 02-13-2012, 04:11 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,729,753 times
Well. They can't even be faithful living under the same roof...7,000 miles away in some foreign land? Yeah right. She must have a lot of faith in people, hats off to that mentality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships