Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 04:01 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,430,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Apparently you aren't really tired enough yet, or you'd DO something about it.

I suggest you get moving - inertia is a bad state to be in
Been in limbo for years. I don't bungee jump or anything...perhaps this is my dose of masochism;

Old 02-12-2012, 04:08 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
Been in limbo for years. I don't bungee jump or anything...perhaps this is my dose of masochism;
So the question to ask yourself is - WHY? Why don't you want to do what it takes (whatever that is) to be happy?

Old 02-12-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
So the question to ask yourself is - WHY? Why don't you want to do what it takes (whatever that is) to be happy?
It just feels like it's a really big move right now,like getting unstuck from Krazy glue or something. Relationships are tough.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:42 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
That's fear and I can smell it a mile away so no sense in denying it.

You fear that if you leave, you might be making the wrong decision and then how do you take it back if that's the case. Would she take you back? Would it pain you to see her completely happy with someone else.

You fear not finding anyone out there that might be a better choice for you. That maybe this is all there is in life for you.

You fear the unknown. At least now you know what your struggles are with your relationship, you don't know what you will face out there, and if it will be better (you hope) but being in such a crappy relationship has "taught" you to expect the worst.

Am I close here???

Old 02-12-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
That's fear and I can smell it a mile away so no sense in denying it.

You fear that if you leave, you might be making the wrong decision and then how do you take it back if that's the case. Would she take you back? Would it pain you to see her completely happy with someone else.

You fear not finding anyone out there that might be a better choice for you. That maybe this is all there is in life for you.

You fear the unknown. At least now you know what your struggles are with your relationship, you don't know what you will face out there, and if it will be better (you hope) but being in such a crappy relationship has "taught" you to expect the worst.

Am I close here???
Nope it's not fear like that,I've had all that before this relationship...

If I do it I know it'll be the right decision and I'm not concerned with her taking me back,we've been down this road many times.

And I don't fear finding someone else,at this point it'd be best to be alone for awhile or light dating at most.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:19 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
I feel guilty as I head towards the door and she turns on the tears,I think it must be a mental thing...she doesn't realize what she's done until it's nearly too late^

Boy does she have you figured out, quit being such a whiny baby and change your situation if you are really that unhappy.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Boy does she have you figured out, quit being such a whiny baby and change your situation if you are really that unhappy.
Yea thanks Mr/Ms compassion;

Old 02-12-2012, 05:26 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Well, whether it's fear or inertia, only you can unstick yourself.

And the thing is, life is short and none of us is guaranteed a set number of days.

Quit wasting your life and start living it!

I know you said she won't go to marriage counseling. Does she realize she is sealing the fate of your marriage by not being willing to work on it?

Start by letting her know this if she doesn't.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Does she realize she is sealing the fate of your marriage by not being willing to work on it?
She doesn't seem to care,speaking of sealing my fate I'm beginning to think she was put here to do me in ala Final Destination;

Old 02-12-2012, 05:30 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Yea thanks Mr/Ms compassion;

That would be Mrs. Compassion and you are welcome.

Obviously I have no sympathy for those who whine about a situation with a relationship and do nothing to correct it and make themselves happy. If you are truly that unhappy and she is as well and you are aware of it just end the relationship and move on. No children together ties to hold you back just your own insecurities it appears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships