Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 01:16 AM

2 posts, read 3,447 times

Advertisements

We two got introduced by common friend in a meet. by then i started talking to her on text. with time text frequency increased a lot ,it was like daily we used to talk. but then my important placement exam came up , so i told her that i need to concentrate on my exam.

so i almost left talking for 1 month because talking to her was diverting my mind a lot. then i gave my exam and cleared it, then i tried to talk to her again but she showed no interest, when i used to text her then only she used to reply ,she stopped texting on her own. This continued for 3-4 months, i gave placement interview n got selected in a well known big firm. then i tried to make an effort again to talk to her but same situation persist ,she was doing nothing on her own.

she didnt know that im selected in ABC company, thru common friend she got to know that im selected in this, then she messaged and congratulated. then we started talking again with same situation as before, one day she started telling "when we met 7months before with common friends alongwith ,that meet was great and all, though we didnt meet much."
i said we can meet , she said okay lets meet. i was quite surprised by this but it was pleasant surprise.
we met and it was quite nice meeting her!

but now also same situation persist, when i talk to her she talk back well but there is no effort from her side at all.

Actuallyshe's the girl i was looking for , she matches me on my hobbies ,interest and she's cool and so calm.

I've feeling for her ,i want to straightway to her but i know it wont be of any use she will probably say no!

in few days i will be going away for my new job ,distance will be there then.
i dont know what to do, suggest guys plz..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 01:34 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
What is happening is you ignored her completely for a month and she is not happy about that. It is one thing to cut down talking to someone to one or twice a week, but to drop all contact for a month in a new relationship isn't good. She is upset and doesn't really trust you anymore. She is probably afraid to get too close and have the same thing happen again.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:39 AM

2 posts, read 3,447 times
@brokencrayola:
ya i understand that.. but i informed her that i want to prepare well for that exam and she know its kinda tough exam.
i cut down giving the proper reason. isnt that enough?

Old 06-04-2013, 01:40 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Focus your attention on the move and your new job and forget about this girl. You ignored her before, she became interested in other things and moved on and she probably does not want to take the chance of you ignoring her again.

Leave this one alone and find someone when you have time to build a real relationship after you have settled in your new home and job.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:33 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Let her go.

1) You never tried to move beyond the [lame] texting stage to ask her out for an actual date. Did you expect her to just text you forever?? You "missed your window," as the saying goes.

2) You then cut off all contact for a month. Even though it was to study for an important exam, which I commend you for, you had time to text her a few times to show you care.

3) You are getting ready to leave town. Why saddle her with a long-distance boyfriend when she is already distancing herself from you emotionally?? Just accept that now is NOT the time for you two to get together and move on.

Congratulations on your job. That is an accomplishment.

Next time you find a girl like that, don't act like a kid and just text for hours and hours for weeks at a time. Invite her out!!!

Old 06-04-2013, 05:52 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontherocx4 View Post
@brokencrayola:
ya i understand that.. but i informed her that i want to prepare well for that exam and she know its kinda tough exam.
i cut down giving the proper reason. isnt that enough?
no, it wasn't, you should have met her in person, explained the situation to her, and allowed her to make a decission...(wait or move on) if that was your plan.
When your texting someone, your void of being able to see expression on the other person's face, and is a lame way to get to know someone. Honestly!!!

Communication is the key to any good relationship even friends...

and if you don't already know that, then you had better do some serious research, remember, it's not all about you...a relationship requires two people to make honest decissions together...

if I were you, I'd move on, and consentrate on the move and new job, and in the meantime, seriously do some reading/research on how to be communicative and what a good friendship/relationship equates to.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 06-04-2013 at 06:32 AM..

Old 06-04-2013, 06:30 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Texting is such a dumb way to get to know Someone!

What is wrong with this new generation??!!

Even talking on the phone doesn't show how you will actually connect. Face to face interaction is the only way and for the OP to not take that step is where he messed up.

Move on and learn from this for the next gal.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Texting is such a dumb way to get to know Someone!

What is wrong with this new generation??!!

Even talking on the phone doesn't show how you will actually connect. Face to face interaction is the only way and for the OP to not take that step is where he messed up.

Move on and learn from this for the next gal.
You get reps, I agree totally

Old 06-04-2013, 06:35 AM

157 posts, read 253,185 times
When you wanted to, you cut her out of your life. And now you expect to move back in? What do you think she is? Do you expect her to be there waiting for you every time something important comes up in your life ???

That sounds so selfish!!!! OMG! Honestly if I am her, I would continue to be your friend (maybe) and would not have any kind of romantic relationship with you.

Next time, even if you are busy, it doesn't kill you to check up on her/see her 1-2 hour per week.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi85 View Post
When you wanted to, you cut her out of your life. And now you expect to move back in? What do you think she is? Do you expect her to be there waiting for you every time something important comes up in your life ???

That sounds so selfish!!!! OMG! Honestly if I am her, I would continue to be your friend (maybe) and would not have any kind of romantic relationship with you.

Next time, even if you are busy, it doesn't kill you to check up on her/see her 1-2 hour per week.
I agree, sounds very self centured, unable to view life & the thoughts and feelings of others from any other point of view...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships