Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 12:53 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,736,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimps88 View Post
*not all men, just the craptastic d-bags and deadbeat dads
ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 02:31 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,921,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimps88 View Post
You can't criticize anyone until you have walked a mile in their shoes.

bicoastal10 - The choice to not have a child comes before conception, not after. Abortion is not birth control and it is ignorant people like you who think it's ok for a man to walk away from a child because only the mother had a choice. It takes TWO - two people who make the choice to engage in the act.

I have always wanted to be a mother. When I was young and people would ask what I wanted to be when I grew up I would say "I want to be a mommy." When I was 16 I was told I probably couldn't have children because of PCOS. When I was 18 I was told that I would need surgery before I could ever get pregnant because of the PCOS and a septate uterus. I never used birth control because I didn't need to, but I ALWAYS used condoms because of STDs. When I got pregnant by my ex we had been using condoms. And in some sort of 1 in a trillion chance I got pregnant from pre-***.

My daughter is meant to be here and I very much doubt she will grow up and tell me "I wish you had an abortion because growing up with one parent wasn't good enough."

I am only 24, but I am a great mother with a great career and one day we will find a great man and father figure until then I am giving up on trying to get my ex involved in her life.

You all need to stop judging single mothers. We are not all young, immature, uneducated girls who live off the system.
No, it's not ignorance. Just like a woman has the right to choose, I believe a man should also have the right to choose; especially in situations where precaution was taken, but failed for some unknown reason. While I don't believe abortion should be used regularly as a mainstream form of birth control, you just stated that the two of you were using condoms and somehow you ended up pregnant. This indicates that he was doing the responsible thing by using condoms, and because he took the necessary precaution which somehow failed, he should have the right to opt for an abortion or, in the event the woman doesn't wish to have an abortion, walk away without any legal ramifications. This way, you both get what you want.

Some will disagree with me, but fair is fair. You'll never convince me that although a woman should be given the right to choose, a man should not be given this same right.

Old 02-19-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
No, it's not ignorance. Just like a woman has the right to choose, I believe a man should also have the right to choose; especially in situations where precaution was taken, but failed for some unknown reason. While I don't believe abortion should be used regularly as a form of birth control, you just stated that the two of you were using condoms and somehow you ended up pregnant. This indicates that he was doing the right thing by using condoms, and because he took the necessary precaution which somehow failed, he should have the right to opt for an abortion or, in the event the woman doesn't wish to have an abortion, walk away. This way, you both get what you want.

Some will disagree with me, but fair is fair. You'll never convince me that although a woman should be given the right to choose, a man should not be given this same right.
Men having the right to choose: abortion clinics would be a billion dollar industry. But on the bright side, the world would grossly underpopulated.

Old 02-19-2012, 02:38 PM

994 posts, read 1,682,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Men having the right to choose: abortion clinics would be a billion dollar industry. But on the bright side, the world would grossly underpopulated.
Men do have a choice. I never understand the guys who claim they don't. You can use a condom and pick a partner who is also using a method of birth control. You can get a vasectomy as a more permanent solution and then you have the Indian RISUG which is not permanent but does last a significant time period.

Old 02-19-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_kernel View Post
Men do have a choice. I never understand the guys who claim they don't. You can use a condom and pick a partner who is also using a method of birth control. You can get a vasectomy as a more permanent solution and then you have the Indian RISUG which is not permanent but does last a significant time period.
I can't say anything on birth control methods personally, except what I have read. But you're right there's options for that. I assumed when he said choice he was talking about choice to choose abortion for the woman. But maybe I am wrong on that & he can clarify.

Old 02-19-2012, 02:43 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,833,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
The question I have to ask is why these women sleep men who are not father/husband material?
Why do men sleep with women who aren't mother/wife material?

Old 02-19-2012, 02:48 PM

994 posts, read 1,682,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Well...not everyone you have sexual relations with has to be mother/wife material. People sleep with one another for a plethora of reasons..perhaps it's simply to express oneself through intimacy. When seeking out a mate to have relations with, a person may not want a future mother and wife..perhaps they want to get their nookie on and nothing else. Responsibility should always be a factor but the outcome being sought differs for individuals.

Old 02-19-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
well the answer seems obvious to me why they do that. they want sex. I don't think they care what kind of potential mother/wife material she is. As long as she is the 'sleep with them' kind of material at that time.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:31 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,509,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
In other words the official slogan of men worldwide.
Why men? I don't have kids.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:31 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
This is why I’ll be forever alone. I don’t want to take care of someone else’s illegitimate spawn.

WOW dude! Yeah more then likey you will be alone. Forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships